What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our recruitment I

BennyV

Referee
Recruitment has been solid. The 2014 side (probable):

Dugan
Morris
Beale
Farrell
Nightingale
Widdop
Stanley/Williams/Sjeika??
Merrin
Creagh
Frizzell
Hunt
Rein
Stockwell

King
De Belin
Thompson
Harrison

Thats a potential top 4 side if players are playing to their abilities. There will be no excuses for Price with this side, next year will really define him as a coach.

As others have said, if we finally nail a Half and a add a metre eating Prop, that's a good looking side we have.

Williams/Widdop will be the halves, with Seijka/Stanley as backup. There is no way Thompson wont be in the starting line up, I'd say he'll be at 2nd row with either Creagh or Harrison, Friz will come off the bench with impact. Merrin will move back to prop. Is Dan Hunt is anywhere near our top 17, then we still have some recruiting to do!

giboz71

First Grade
Williams/Widdop will be the halves, with Seijka/Stanley as backup. There is no way Thompson wont be in the starting line up, I'd say he'll be at 2nd row with either Creagh or Harrison, Friz will come off the bench with impact. Merrin will move back to prop. Is Dan Hunt is anywhere near our top 17, then we still have some recruiting to do!

Yep...hence I said we're still a Prop short. But if we strike out, Dan Hunt will be in the side.

As much as I have loved Weyman, he needs to be moved on.

Looking at the form Props of the comp - Woods, Fifita, Bromwich, we definitely come up short here.

BennyV

Referee
Yep...hence I said we're still a Prop short. But if we strike out, Dan Hunt will be in the side.

As much as I have loved Weyman, he needs to be moved on.

Looking at the form Props of the comp - Woods, Fifita, Bromwich, we definitely come up short here.

The other option is Creagh moving to prop - he looks like he'd be a good middle player these days, always gets quick play-the-ball, good defender, and Thompson is a better edge runner.

But Warriors have a huge logjam of quality props at the moment, surely we can coax them into giving us one...we'll given them Hunt and Prior as compensation!

Elias1983

Coach
The other option is Creagh moving to prop - he looks like he'd be a good middle player these days, always gets quick play-the-ball, good defender, and Thompson is a better edge runner.

But Warriors have a huge logjam of quality props at the moment, surely we can coax them into giving us one...we'll given them Hunt and Prior as compensation!

Matulino is off contract I think...

Mr Red

First Grade
The Dragons recruitment and retention programme has been terrible for a number of yeras. Have a look at the players we have lost - Luke Bailey, Brett White, Ben Ross, Brent Kite, Darius Boyd, Chris Houston, Wes Naigama, Jason Ryles, Neville Costigan, Beau Scott, Adam Cuthbertson, Bryan Norrie, Ashton Sims, Josh Morris, Kane Linnett, Michael Ennis, Jeremy Smith, Nathan McGregor and I'm sure a number of others that I can't recall. We have also lost Ben Hornby, Dean Young and Mark Gasnier to retirement in the last couple of years. We have not replaced theser top quality players with players of similar quality and seem to always miss out on marquee players who copme available from time to time e.g. Greg Inglis, Greg Bird, Nate Myles, Jamie Lyon, James Maloney, Michael Jennings, Sonny-Bill Willimas, Scott Prince, Jonathan Thurston, Luke Lewis, Todd Carney, Bryce Gibbs, Andrew Fifita, Adam Blair, Braith Anasta, Brent Tate, Tony Williams, Willie Mason, Luke O'Donnell, Ashley Harrison etc. Then we lose a potential superstar, Jackson Hastings, to the Roosters who already have the State of Origin halves and we are desperately in need of a halfback.
Widdop, Thompson and Farell should be good signings but will not stop the rot.

LOL...JUST LOL!!!
Boyd was never staying..
and to use players of the calibre of Ben Ross, Wes Naiqama, Chris Houston, Bryan Norrie to support your argument is just crazy... all you needed was Danny Wicks to be a dead set certified lunatic..

and to suggest we should have signed Adam Blair and Braith Anasta. jesus...

grouch

First Grade
I just went looking for the article I read earlier this year, where Matt Orford compared Sam Williams with Cameron Smith, in terms of composure under pressure. Anyway inside th article contained this graphic. We have done well to secure two of the youngest and best-credentialled players in this list:

871110-sam-williams.jpg

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...n-in-the-capital/story-fn7sfxe7-1226547875779

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Mike Smith from England would have come after recomendations from Browny I assume. If so he will ge awesome. Doust says that he still keeps in contact with Browny and is like some unofficial scout for the club. One thing about Browny is he has a brilliant eye for talent.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Mike Smith from England would have come after recomendations from Browny I assume. If so he will ge awesome. Doust says that he still keeps in contact with Browny and is like some unofficial scout for the club. One thing about Browny is he has a brilliant eye for talent.

Ive heard at least he's stopped slapping players...apparently its that cold of there he never has his hands out of his pockets

saint.nick

Coach
I keep hearing people say that half our centre problems will be solved with Beale coming back next year. Is he actually better than someone like chase though?

The Cobra

Juniors
I think that the fact he was a genuine 1st Grade player wih the Broncos puts him in a much better standard than Chase.

Latest posts