What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Worst Ever Thread (AKA Grouch's dumping ground)

ouryears

Bench
Only thing I remember about Creagh was he was the first to bail ship, State of Origin Justin Hodges comes to mind. No team mate could trust him to lead the way after that.
It showed character not to engage a wanker and a thug in Hodges, had he done so, the outcome would have been what? More violence, sin bin, judiciary, and for what?

As the Kenny Rogers song goes, “Know when to walk away....know when to fight,....”

Sure, I wanted Creagh to punch Hodges lights out too, but in retrospect, nothing positive would have come of it.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Our worst ever captain had to be Steve Edge (after he left Saints) and went to the Eels and won a couple of premierships.....that hurt!
He was a junior & great for us in the RedV but an enemy in the Eels jersey. That is the only former captain I could possible think to criticise & only because he left.

Crush

Coach
Our worst ever captain had to be Steve Edge (after he left Saints) and went to the Eels and won a couple of premierships.....that hurt!
He was a junior & great for us in the RedV but an enemy in the Eels jersey. That is the only former captain I could possible think to criticise & only because he left.
But he's a dragons man at heart. He bleeds red and white, he runs Kogarah Jubilee oval. Club legend, top bloke. Surely you can't criticise that?

ouryears

Bench
But he's a dragons man at heart. He bleeds red and white, he runs Kogarah Jubilee oval. Club legend, top bloke. Surely you can't criticise that?
Amazed that Edge left us after captaining us to the 1977 grand final win and playing in the 79 grand final. Why would he had left us?
Money?
Or the fact that Craig Young was made captain in 79?

Or the great Jack Gibson whispered into his ear?

Not may captains and entrenched players leave a club.
He played in 11 grand finals in all grades across his career and led the Eels to 3 gf wins.
He played more games for Eels than us by career end.

Damn that hurts. Love to know why he really did leave us.

Ennis was another we should have hung onto, I am not comparing them, just saying.
Ennis was a tough player, we needed someone like him.

Last edited:

Coffs dragon

Bench
No Crush I only criticise when he left and had great success at the Eels. I know he came back and is highly respected, but I just wished he never left in the first place....he was a great captain for the RedV and not so good (tongue in cheek) for Parra!

possm

Coach
Over the years and in particular over recent years, I have seen some very poor decision made by our on-field captains. In particular, decisions made with regard to taking/defending field goals would have to be up there with the worst.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Amazed that Edge left us after captaining us to the 1977 grand final win and playing in the 79 grand final. Why would he had left us?
Money?
Or the fact that Craig Young was made captain in 79?

Or the great Jack Gibson whispered into his ear?

Not may captains and entrenched players leave a club.
He played in 11 grand finals in all grades across his career and led the Eels to 3 gf wins.
He played more games for Eels than us by career end.

Damn that hurts. Love to know why he really did leave us.

Ennis was another we should have hung onto, I am not comparing them, just saying.
Ennis was a tough player, we needed someone like him.

Injuries, unwanted by Bath, and John Dowling’s arrival.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
No matter what transpires from this point forward, this is the undisputed dumbest thread of 2018,

Criticising Creagh is beyond me pale.

SBD82

Coach
No matter what transpires from this point forward, this is the undisputed dumbest thread of 2018,

Criticising Creagh is beyond me pale.
Come on Jimmy. Don't be so negative.

Every thread that you contribute to is a strong candidate for dumbest thread of 2018.

The field is still wide open