What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Worst Ever Thread (AKA Grouch's dumping ground)

possm

Coach
Which one are you?
He manages St George Illawarra's interests at Kogarah Oval.
I don't know his full job description Jimmy, why does it matter?

Edge used to work for the ATO. He phoned me once looking for a reference on a person he was interviewing for a job. I could recommend the person because he was a real clown but instead told Edge to ask him for his last 3 appraisals.

71saintsimon

Juniors
On a side note, the worst decision to NOT Lance Thompson captain is up there.

I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that he was quoted in saying David Waite was grooming him for the position.
Stil trying to workout why David Waite was sacked half way through season 2000 after steering the team to a gf which he was seconds away from winning yet McGregor with failure after failure is lining up for his 6th year as head Coach

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Stil trying to workout why David Waite was sacked half way through season 2000 after steering the team to a gf which he was seconds away from winning yet McGregor with failure after failure is lining up for his 6th year as head Coach

1. the 70-10 MCG debacle in 2000 killed Waite’s NRL career.

2. McGregor has nude pics of Doust.

How else can it be explained?

Old Timer

Coach
LOL It has to be Ian Walsh as he was at the tiller when the great run ended.
TBH this thread is rather sad as Captains don't ask for the job they are given it so why put shit on people who have given their all?
Like or hate Ben Creagh does anyone really think he went out there with the intention of not trying to do his best for the team?
Time to wake up and stop the hate session as he was whipped plenty of times when he was playing so find a new thread to post in.

ouryears

Bench
1. the 70-10 MCG debacle in 2000 killed Waite’s NRL career.

2. McGregor has nude pics of Doust.

How else can it be explained?
We beat them 54 to something in the second round, awesome hit back by us.
Doubt Mary’s team could turn it around by 124 points or so

41yearsaint

Juniors
But he's a dragons man at heart. He bleeds red and white, he runs Kogarah Jubilee oval. Club legend, top bloke. Surely you can't criticise that?
Jobs for the boys. Cant criticise that.
He manages St George Illawarra's interests at Kogarah Oval.
I don't know his full job description Jimmy, why does it matter?
Obviously jobs for the boys has been going on and on and on.

slippery5

Juniors
Like or dislike this thread, I believe it was about worse club captain ? No question B Creagh is a club legend but there is a big difference from standing your ground & defending yourself if required when confronted by a thug, or running like a girl. [fact]
A Captain should be one who will defend their honour & the team he leads. I wonder what J.Graham would have done? ( I know the answer]
I know which one I would be a little nervous with, if they were chaperoning my daughter. LOL.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
there is a big difference from standing your ground & defending yourself if required when confronted by a thug, or running like a girl. [fact]
A Captain should be one who will defend their honour & the team he leads.
Given that Creagh wasn’t captain of NSW at the time, the whole Hodges v Creagh thing is a completely moot point when discussing his captaincy skills.

Further to that, sometimes being the one to walk away from a fight shows more leadership than bringing yourself down to the level of a thug.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
We beat them 54 to something in the second round, awesome hit back by us.
Doubt Mary’s team could turn it around by 124 points or so

From memory that “turnaround” was during SOO, which explains why it’s never highlighted as much as the other game,

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
From memory that “turnaround” was during SOO, which explains why it’s never highlighted as much as the other game,
Sorry pigeon, but that match wasn’t affected by origin..

Regardless, the dragons & storm had a pretty close representation that year anyway, and it was only a handful of players..

Latest posts