What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Worst Ever Thread (AKA Grouch's dumping ground)

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Sorry pigeon, but that match wasn’t affected by origin..

Regardless, the dragons & storm had a pretty close representation that year anyway, and it was only a handful of players..

Apologies alfalfa, but the above mentioned game (June 4, 2000) WAS sandwiched between Origin II (May 24, 2000), and Origin III (June 26, 2000).

To say the game wasn’t affected by representative fatigue is folly.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Apologies alfalfa, but the above mentioned game (June 4, 2000) WAS sandwiched between Origin II (May 24, 2000), and Origin III (June 26, 2000).

Thanks for doing the research pigeon.

Nearly 2 weeks after one game and 3 weeks before the next says that both teams had all players available and not backing up.

So.. as I was saying, the game was not affected by origin.

Crush

Coach
Jobs for the boys. Cant criticise that.

Obviously jobs for the boys has been going on and on and on.
This is just ridiculous. His a club legend that obviously loves the club he played for and wants to be involved with in some capacity. And he's an absolute champion human that does nothing but good for the place.
Love it how people just throw these "jobs for the boys" comments around without having a clue what really goes on.

Walpole

Juniors
Like or dislike this thread, I believe it was about worse club captain ? No question B Creagh is a club legend but there is a big difference from standing your ground & defending yourself if required when confronted by a thug, or running like a girl. [fact]
A Captain should be one who will defend their honour & the team he leads. I wonder what J.Graham would have done? ( I know the answer]
I know which one I would be a little nervous with, if they were chaperoning my daughter. LOL.
Can you imagine Hodges trying to start a fight with Graham?

Neither can I.

ouryears

Bench

Full strength teams both sides, no fatigue jimmy, we whipped them.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Thanks for doing the research pigeon.

Nearly 2 weeks after one game and 3 weeks before the next says that both teams had all players available and not backing up.

So.. as I was saying, the game was not affected by origin.

If the game wasn’t affected by SOO, then why did the Storm have the following players unavailable: Kimmorley, Kearns, Howe, Hill and Bawden?

It’s a strange paradigm that they ALL played SOO in 2000, huh?

Comparatively, SGI didn’t have either Ainscough or Timmins at its disposal.

One only needs to compare the two Storm sides to accept the second time both sides played at Kogarah WAS deeply affected.

Melbourne (first game): Ross, Geyer, Moule, Martin, Bai, Lavea, Kimmorley, Kearns, Swain, Howe, Kearney. Rua, Hill. Reserves: Williams, Bawden, Roarty, Marquet.

Melbourne (second game): Geyer, Watts, Moule, Martin, Bai, Lavea, Carmichael, O’Farrell, Swain, Roarty, Marquet, Bawden, Rua. Reserves: Williams, Robinson, Fenton, Turner.

A bit of a difference there, wouldn’t you say?

Yes, research is a marvellous thing. It makes you appear less stupid when you apply it properly. Alfalfa, you should give it a go next time.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You forgot to mention Steven Kearney is missing from your 2nd team.

He had a cracking origin series that year..

Robbie Ross too..

BennyV

Referee
No matter what transpires from this point forward, this is the undisputed dumbest thread of 2018,

Criticising Creagh is beyond me pale.
I actually think it’s a tight field. There is a thread by an annoying fool discussing whether or not another annoying fool is the same annoying fool from another forum, as well as a thread where the OP states they’d prefer Mary over Bellamy..

This one is up there, but I don’t think it’s as cut-and-dried as you’ve made out!

ouryears

Bench
If the game wasn’t affected by SOO, then why did the Storm have the following players unavailable: Kimmorley, Kearns, Howe, Hill and Bawden?

It’s a strange paradigm that they ALL played SOO in 2000, huh?

Comparatively, SGI didn’t have either Ainscough or Timmins at its disposal.

One only needs to compare the two Storm sides to accept the second time both sides played at Kogarah WAS deeply affected.

Melbourne (first game): Ross, Geyer, Moule, Martin, Bai, Lavea, Kimmorley, Kearns, Swain, Howe, Kearney. Rua, Hill. Reserves: Williams, Bawden, Roarty, Marquet.

Melbourne (second game): Geyer, Watts, Moule, Martin, Bai, Lavea, Carmichael, O’Farrell, Swain, Roarty, Marquet, Bawden, Rua. Reserves: Williams, Robinson, Fenton, Turner.

A bit of a difference there, wouldn’t you say?

Yes, research is a marvellous thing. It makes you appear less stupid when you apply it properly. Alfalfa, you should give it a go next time.
Regardless, we were missing some, they were missing some.
54 points....boo hoo storm
Didn’t see anyone feeling sorry for us when we went into the recent semi final
vs Souths without a few of our very best
And we Didn’t get knocked over by 54 points.

2000 was a year to forget by both sides.
Crap GF too.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Regardless, we were missing some, they were missing some.
54 points....boo hoo storm
Didn’t see anyone feeling sorry for us when we went into the recent semi final
vs Souths without a few of our very best
And we Didn’t get knocked over by 54 points.

2000 was a year to forget by both sides.
Crap GF too.

Saints had THREE regular first graders out for the second match: Timmins, Mundine and Smith.

The Storm were missing SEVEN regular players.

Try to play a little fair.

Any GF without Saints is a waste of time.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
You forgot to mention Steven Kearney is missing from your 2nd team.

He had a cracking origin series that year..

Robbie Ross too..

That’s because neither played in the return match for whatever non SOO related reason.

Apology accepted.

Last edited:

ALSGI

Bench
Creagh was a great player for us, especially at his peak and earned his respect as a player. Played a year too long imo.

Agree that sometimes it takes a big man and leader to walk away from a fight but not in SOO and he didn’t walk he ran away.

grouch

First Grade
My vote is Ben Creagh.

In the circus surrounding the disappointing choices of coach and squad during the years 2012-2015, I think people often overlook what a terrible captain Ben Creagh was for the team. I can't see why he is absolved of responsibility, when he gave such weak leadership, particularly to the forward pack.

I would go as far as to say that the losing culture that Creagh bought to the team continues to have an influence. And it's only this past year that we finally fully threw off the weak mentality that he instilled in our forwards.
Delete this.

SBD82

Coach
Everyone entitled to an opinion I guess. Your opinion from the original post is objectively wrong.
How is it objectively wrong? Creagh was our captain at a time when we lacked leadership, and it would appear that according to forum consensus, he bears no responsibility for this lack of leadership.

I can accept that it's poor form bagging a club captain, and I regret that, but if that were a general standard we'd not have many threads left in this place.