What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our worst player from last season?

keeney

First Grade
id ahte to see hughes cut, considering he was a very solid player, and he is such a terrific club amn, i think its impossinle to hate him, but if he ahs another season liek 2003, i cant see him retaingin his spot

Doctor

Bench
I must say I'm a bit disappointed with the thread - it's not often we have a free-for-all bash of our own players. Usually the idea is to bag out other players on other teams, not your own. :|

Anyhow, I was never a fan of Sean Rudder so he will generally get a vote for worst regular first-grader. But he didn't perform that badly in his last season, and so if there is a need to highlight an individual I'd pop Mark Hughes in there. I don't think he had any outstanding skills to start with, although his State of Origin selection a few years back kept me quiet.

Thankfully the Origin selectors realised he wasn't anything flash, and then injury struck. I'm not sure how long Hughsey will last in first grade this year - given a number of quality backs are lining up already in premier league.

Our worst lower-grader: I saw a couple of matches involving Jared Taylor, and he gets my vote. His defence cost the Knights tries, and he offered very little in attack. I agree; I don't think his loss will come back to bite us.

As for Maddison - he was never really going to set the world on fire. I think the Knights hoped he might become a Paul Marquet/Glenn Greif style runner of the footballer - gutsy but not really able to turn a match. Unfortunately he didn't play well enough, and the lower grades weren't his cup of tea either.

socksie

Juniors
i remember the huge hype surrounding tim madisson coming back from england and how his experience would boost the club

as far as i remember he played one (?) first grade game only to fill in because half the regular team was injured, and then was dropped to premier league the next week

he was a waste of space on and off the field and i definitely didnt rate him at all last season

astrogirl

First Grade
Oswin said:
I must say I'm a bit disappointed with the thread - it's not often we have a free-for-all bash of our own players. Usually the idea is to bag out other players on other teams, not your own. :|
I personally don't feel comfortable singling out a Knights player (or even a former Knights player) as being our worst player over an entire season. IMO pointing out a player's flaws in a single game is a different matter as it's not over such an extended period of time.

Having said that, the way I see it roopy is trying to be a bit more balanced in his posts. By his own admission he does tend to be very complimentary and glowing in his praise of the players.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Hughes was terrible. I always had the opinion that moodie should have been given a go over hughes.

Ryder was terrible, maddison was poor, Rudder was moved from 5/8 to the forwards. So he obviously wasn't doing a good job at 5/8. Fitlers big enough to be a forward. If they had injuries in the forwards would they put him there. No because they would loose much more with him being out of 5/8.

antonius

Coach
Bring it home Knights said:
Hughes was terrible. I always had the opinion that moodie should have been given a go over hughes.

Ryder was terrible, maddison was poor, Rudder was moved from 5/8 to the forwards. So he obviously wasn't doing a good job at 5/8. Fitlers big enough to be a forward. If they had injuries in the forwards would they put him there. No because they would loose much more with him being out of 5/8.
Gee you took it easy on Rudder!! What's wrong??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doctor

Bench
astrogirl said:
Oswin said:
I personally don't feel comfortable singling out a Knights player (or even a former Knights player) as being our worst player over an entire season. IMO pointing out a player's flaws in a single game is a different matter as it's not over such an extended period of time.

Having said that, the way I see it roopy is trying to be a bit more balanced in his posts. By his own admission he does tend to be very complimentary and glowing in his praise of the players.

I can see Roopy isn't out to cause disharmony - perhaps a bit of balance is acceptable in this case: Many will praise players till the cows come home to roost, with no signs of objectivity.

There is nothing wrong with criticism - it's probably just in the wording of the post though.

"Our worst player" could be changed to "least performing player" or "most consistently under-performing player" or "player who least met the standard". Even better: "player with the greatest chance of captaining Kurri Kurri reserve grade next season" or "most likely to find himself coaching Dora Creek Under 8s full-time next season". ;-)

roopy

Referee
I know the coach of Dora Creek under 8s (or their head coach of the juniors anyway). He once had the pleasure of playing in the same team as me - so it will take a good player to shift him.

I pinched the title of this thread from the cronulla section - they seem pretty keen to bag out the former captain of Hunter Sports High (and a guy who nearly didn't get his HSC because of a muck up day prank that involved him getting naked at one stage) - Greg Bird.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
antonius said:

It's good to see you didn't bag maddison for the 100th time since he signed last year.

antonius

Coach
antonius said:

It's good to see you didn't bag maddison for the 100th time since he signed last year.

I did! :shock: :shock:

Andy

First Grade
Yep, without a doubt Tim Maddison.

His worst game, the away game against Penrith.

He spent more time looking at the ball he'd just knocked on that holding it.

Crap in defence too.

Doctor

Bench
roopy said:
I know the coach of Dora Creek under 8s (or their head coach of the juniors anyway). He once had the pleasure of playing in the same team as me - so it will take a good player to shift him.

I pinched the title of this thread from the cronulla section - they seem pretty keen to bag out the former captain of Hunter Sports High (and a guy who nearly didn't get his HSC because of a muck up day prank that involved him getting naked at one stage) - Greg Bird.

You sure know how to take the shine of a joke don't you Roopy? :lol: ;-)

Latest posts