What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pacific Championships 2023 and other Internationals - Sharks related and game days

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I hope they go Val over Cobbo, I do not care about anthems, Cobbo is lazy, he is a kid, it shows, Val is an elite winger, he is and always plays well in green and gold.
Happy with the centres.

Weaponhead

Coach
If Ronnie is going to play left wing, he has to develop a left arm carry. Attention to detail that makes the difference in finishing in the corner.

Frenzy.

Immortal
If Ronnie is going to play left wing, he has to develop a left arm carry. Attention to detail that makes the difference in finishing in the corner.
Doesn't matter. Timoko doesn't give him the ball. Wouldn't pass go in a Monopoly game that kid

Frenzy.

Immortal
A few Sharks going around in today's games.
At 1.45pm in the women's,
NZ- Anderson and Biddle. Biddle has been selected in the 2nd row after being selected on the wing last week.
Tonga- Penitani x 2, Dymock, Foliaki, and Hanisi (18th).

At 4pm in the mens,
NZ- Mulitalo and Nikora
Samoa- Hunt (18th)

She played 2nd row vs Tonga as well. Wing, 2nd, 2nd over the 3 games

Frenzy.

Immortal
My brief ratings

Nikora 8/10 with 1 try and 4000 1%s. He's a machine
Ronnie 7/10 with 2 tries and not much else
Nikora 7/10 - under utilised big time. Only 3000 clean ups this game. Many tackles. Soft meaty off a kick but he was there to get it.
Ronnie 7/10 - Safe under bombs. Showed he's still got hops with a spectacular meaty off a bomb. Clocked up his metres. Seemed slowish though.

bluefox68

Staff member
Good to see Nicho get 23 minutes in a rep game - missed one goal line stop - a mental lapse.

Set up Cam Murray’s try with an absolute pearler of a pass.
Warmed into it - which is more than he was allowed to do by Freddy.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Good to see Nicho get 23 minutes in a rep game - missed one goal line stop - a mental lapse.

Set up Cam Murray’s try with an absolute pearler of a pass.
Warmed into it - which is more than he was allowed to do by Freddy.
Was it was mental lapse? Think it was more about he didn't know how to defend a hooker going underneath as a middle. He'll learn that. I reckon he played himself onto the bench for the final. Pearler of a pass to Murray and a bit of Shark short side play to put Edwards away was nice

bluefox68

Staff member
Was it was mental lapse? Think it was more about he didn't know how to defend a hooker going underneath as a middle. He'll learn that. I reckon he played himself onto the bench for the final. Pearler of a pass to Murray and a bit of Shark short side play to put Edwards away was nice
You’re probably right!

I only got to watch the full game of the Aus vs NZ men’s test today.
I’m not sure if this is an interesting point but it is Cronulla related. Every point scored by the Kiwis were scored by players who came through the Sharks junior systems: Nikora, Mulitalo, Nu Brown and Isaako. Throw in Holmes tally for the aussies, and it’s good to see that our club has played a hand in developing international players of substance.

I only got to watch the full game of the Aus vs NZ men’s test today.
I’m not sure if this is an interesting point but it is Cronulla related. Every point scored by the Kiwis were scored by players who came through the Sharks junior systems: Nikora, Mulitalo, Nu Brown and Isaako. Throw in Holmes tally for the aussies, and it’s good to see that our club has played a hand in developing international players of substance.
Good to see some Positivety amidst the ussuall off season negativity and Mediocreativity (?) Improvements administration wise maybe point to retaining more of the keepers and attracting the missing links required.... One can only hope ! Im hoping for Rain too ! Its frkn dry here!

Nicho back to no.18 for the Kangaroos, Ronnie and Briton in the Kiwis team for the final.

SATURDAY NOVEMBER 4

Australia v New Zealand at FMG Stadium Waikato Stadium, Hamilton at 3pm AEDT

Kangaroos team:
1. James Tedesco 2. Dylan Edwards 3. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow 4. Kotoni Staggs 5. Valentine Holmes 6. Cameron Munster 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Payne Haas 9. Ben Hunt 10. Tino Fa’asuamaleaui 11. Cameron Murray 12. Liam Martin 13. Isaah Yeo 14. Harry Grant 15. Lindsay Collins 16. Patrick Carrigan 17. Reuben Cotter 18. Nicho Hynes 19. Thomas Flegler 20. Selwyn Cobbo 21. jake Trbojevic

Kiwis team: 1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 2. Ronaldo Mulitalo 3. Matthew Timoko 4. Joseph Manu 5. Jamayne Isaako 6. Dylan Brown 7. Jahrome Hughes 8. James Fisher-Harris 9. Fa’manu Brown 10. Moses Leota 11. Isaiah Papali’i 12. Briton Nikora 13. Joseph Tapine 14. Kieran Foran 15. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 16. Griffin Neame 17. Leo Thompson 18. Naufahu Whyte 19. Wiremu Greig 20. Keano Kini