What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pacific Championships + Tonga tour of UK

King-Gutho94

Coach
Alex Johnson could not even run the Merkin down..

He just needs a good run up to get the legs turning over!
I think he had decent enough speed in his 1st season of FG.

I think we bulked him up a bit too much and lost a bit of his acceleration.

But yeah i just saw a replay of that try yesterday. He hasn't looked that fast in a long time probably pre-ACL.

Noise

Coach
Alex Johnson could not even run the Merkin down..

He just needs a good run up to get the legs turning over!
Yep, his initial acceleration isn't great. It takes a while for him to get going which is why his kick returns looks so bad.

yy_cheng

Coach
There was a game after his surgery where he ran fast and i remember the commentator said he changes his running style. Higher knee lifts

JokerEel

Coach
Hughes isn't a very good halfback...

NZ have both Panfers front rowers and they use them completely different to the panfers

the phantom menace

First Grade
So Haas and Tino weren't even picked for the previous game v NZ where we beat them in the forwards using Trbo and Flelger and (unexpectedly) won.

And today Haas and Tino started, Trbo and Flegler didn't play, and we got smashed by the same pack of forwards - and got beaten to zero!

Mal's been smoking something, and it is isn't good....