What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pacific Championships + Tonga tour of UK

PARRA_FAN

Coach
So Haas and Tino weren't even picked for the previous game v NZ where we beat them in the forwards using Trbo and Flelger and (unexpectedly) won.

And today Haas and Tino started, Trbo and Flegler didn't play, and we got smashed by the same pack of forwards - and got beaten to zero!

Mal's been smoking something, and it is isn't good....

The forwards for Australia were completely outplayed by the Kiwi forwards up front early guys like JFH, Leota, Tapine just carved them and Haas and Tino werent as effective

I wouldve played Flegler off the bench with Murray out, Hynes was a wasted selection if you had Grant off the bench. The Kiwis carried more muscle off the bench and when Thompson and Nelson came on its like they didnt miss the two starting props.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
The forwards for Australia were completely outplayed by the Kiwi forwards up front early guys like JFH, Leota, Tapine just carved them and Haas and Tino werent as effective

I wouldve played Flegler off the bench with Murray out, Hynes was a wasted selection if you had Grant off the bench. The Kiwis carried more muscle off the bench and when Thompson and Nelson came on its like they didnt miss the two starting props.
Has Hynes ever won anything?

Happy MEel

First Grade
Has Hynes ever won anything?
He’s massively overrated. Goes missing more than any other half on anywhere near his coin. Drown and Hughes carved us up and made DCE and Munster look like rookies. It really was men against boys (particularly in the forwards).

More of that next year please Dylan

King-Gutho94

Coach
I would like to know wtf the Aussies were at.

Did they find a $2 schooner pub in Hamilton last night and get on the piss.

Most disgraceful performance I have ever seen from a Kangaroos side.

Tedesco should be finished at Rep Level

King-Gutho94

Coach
And he made Paul Crawley who is an epic f**kwit eat his words after giving him shit for his previous game.
Too busy sacking Ricky off is creepy Crawley.

I reckon Madge sent Crawls a message last Sunday to fire Dylan up tbh by singling him out.

May have worked wonders.

King-Gutho94

Coach
He’s Paul Gallen with one less number in the his back. Mal might have to go back to politics after that.
He is a champion bloke though that's all that matters isn't it.

What a disgraceful performance to the past and present Kangaroos players that have donned the jersey

The 17 players should be ashamed of themselves.

And Payne Haas is the most overrated player I have ever seen for someone who has won nothing but a wooden spoon for the Broncos.

Reg and Jake Turbo showed in Origin 3 what a waste of space Payne is at origin level.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Too busy sacking Ricky off is creepy Crawley.

I reckon Madge sent Crawls a message last Sunday to fire Dylan up tbh by singling him out.

May have worked wonders.
Crazy having a coach who tries to inspire and motivate his players, that's not a coaches job apparently..............

Gronk

Staff member

I didn't see last week.

Did madge do a DA and fool the Aussies last week.
I don’t know about setting traps. What I saw was an AU side that thought that they had it in the bag. Didn’t have to work hard to win the match. Gotta turn up otherwise momentum will just take the game away from you and pull your pants down.

Not long ago Madge couldn’t coach at the Tigers. It’s all about the cattle. Coaches are so easy to throw under the bus.

Having said that rep footy should not be about cattle. It’s the Kangaroos FFS. Dunno who picks the squad these days. The wingers etc just WTF. Jake T, so many weird selections. Too many nice guys who provided good service in the past, not enough angry faces.

JokerEel

Coach
DCE has lost against Tonga and now the biggest loss to the Kiwis how he was selected again after the Tongan loss is beyond me...

strider

Post Whore
I dont think anything is particularly wrong with the australian players who were picked. Maybe the odd tinker here n there, but its probably as good a team as we can assemble from the available players. NZ just stepped up and played to their potential and probably some aussies didnt give a shit about beating NZ 2 weeks in a row for a pointless end of season series of games.

The format of these games were stupid. It wasnt a true tournament. Why bother with a "final"? .... if you just want 2 nz vs aus games then just schedule em.

Teddy is not what he was, but he ended the NRL season well so probably deserved one last token international selection.
Maybe the Hunt swapping with Harry thing was meh, but Harry has done well off the bench previously.
Val and Edwards are as good as others available on our wings.
Tino should be carving up ... Im not as in love with Haas as others but he can be awesome when on.
Munster (and DCE) can have shit games - its how they are - care more about Qld than Aust .... Dyl was pretty average last week too - sure crawley is a knob, however Dyl was nothing special last week - but turned up this time.

King-Gutho94

Coach
DCE has lost against Tonga and now the biggest loss to the Kiwis how he was selected again after the Tongan loss is beyond me...
Look DCE was best available and still number 2 halfback when you base it off origin performances. I can't argue against that selection

Payne Haas was also part of those 2 losses as well you speak of and he had played just 4 tests.

Wasnt part of the WC last year

Throw in his piss poor origin record when he is there.

And his desire to play for Samoa later on.

He should piss off now.

Val Holmes should never been allowed to play for Australia this year after his white powder fiasco a month ago and karma came back to bite Mal on that one.

Latest posts