What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panesar racially abused

Macca

Coach
I have a problem with all stereotypes JJ.

Now can you answer the question like a normal person and not a politician.

When you labelled the Hair supporters as redneck's, you were referring to them as people with a low class of wealth, culture and/or intelligence?

JJ

Immortal
Macca said:
I have a problem with all stereotypes JJ.

Now can you answer the question like a normal person and not a politician.

When you labelled the Hair supporters as redneck's, you were referring to them as people with a low class of wealth, culture and/or intelligence?

pffft - if you have a problem with all stereotypes you shouldn't announce that depression is a sign of mental weakness

I don't know that I labelled "the Hair supporters" as rednecks.... But I'm comforatble saying that quite a few people here have expressed attitudes consistent with being a redneck

Out of interest which of your three determiners do you have a problem with... wealth, culture or intelligence - I see little sign of the latter two in your posts :D

skeepe

Immortal
Angry_eel said:
I am not calling anyone racist. They will prove they are racists themselves, i need not say anything whatsoever.

It wasn't me that pulled out his article from a site unlike who El Diablo who pretty much searches for anti-"subby" articles.

Btw, what happening to this country. Once upon a time they all stood up against South African aparthied to be kept away from sport and now they are themselves themselves abusing Englishman of Indian heritage.

No, we're abusing all Englishman. Let me guess, you think we should abuse all EXCEPT those with Indian heritage? All are fair game. That's sport mate.

Macca

Coach
JJ said:
pffft - if you have a problem with all stereotypes you shouldn't announce that depression is a sign of mental weakness
I have already admitted to be ignorant on the matter. At the moment I believe it to be a weakness. Nothing has been forwarded to change my mind so far.

JJ said:
I don't know that I labelled "the Hair supporters" as rednecks.... But I'm comforatble saying that quite a few people here have expressed attitudes consistent with being a redneck
OK, so you think that "quite a few" people have redneck attitudes. Care to say who they are?

JJ said:
Out of interest which of your three determiners do you have a problem with... wealth, culture or intelligence - I see little sign of the latter two in your posts :D

That's none of your business but if you think you can determine someone's wealth, culture and/or intelligence from their opinion on Darrell Hair's sacking, then I pity you.

I am happy to end this discussion here, I think you're beyond reason on the issue.

Angry_eel

First Grade
skeepe said:
No, we're abusing all Englishman. Let me guess, you think we should abuse all EXCEPT those with Indian heritage? All are fair game. That's sport mate.
So why did they say he was indian? Actually im against all abusing. Whats the point of the crowd abusing players?

JJ

Immortal
Macca said:
I
That's none of your business but if you think you can determine someone's wealth, culture and/or intelligence from their opinion on Darrell Hair's sacking, then I pity you.

I didn't deduce anything from their opinion on Hair's sacking - it's more the constant stream of mindless nonsense directed against people who differ from them in some respect, the apparent inability to accept that others might have a different world view from them, and the ongoing belief tthat Australians are the only ones that know what's good for cricket.

As for calling a few of you red necks - well, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it's probably a duck.

JJ

Immortal
Angry_eel said:
So why did they say he was indian? Actually im against all abusing. Whats the point of the crowd abusing players?

there's a good question!

Makes small people feel important?

Quite frankly it's pathetic - you only have to look at the people doing it...

skeepe

Immortal
Angry_eel said:

Tell me one sport, or one country, where it doesn't happen?

HevyDevy

Coach
JJ said:
I didn't deduce anything from their opinion on Hair's sacking - it's more the constant stream of mindless nonsense directed against people who differ from them in some respect, the apparent inability to accept that others might have a different world view from them, and the ongoing belief tthat Australians are the only ones that know what's good for cricket.

As for calling a few of you red necks - well, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it's probably a duck.

I'd say you came to those conclusions yourself JJ out of your desperate desire to disparage Australia and everything it stands for.

JJ

Immortal
HevyDevy said:
I'd say you came to those conclusions yourself JJ out of your desperate desire to disparage Australia and everything it stands for.

say no to drugs hevy!

JJ

Immortal
skeepe said:

does that make it right?

Supporting your team does NOT have to involve abusing the other one...

Macca

Coach
I think you have an inferiority complex JJ. That's a mental weakness you've developed over the years because of your envy of Australia's greatness compared to NZ. I have seen lot's of it, you're a classic case.

Angry_eel

First Grade
skeepe said:
Thats not the point. you tell me why the aussie crowds racially abuse players or based on the players heritage.

I have been to cricket matches in India but the only abuse by the crowd was about player's sporting ability not race or heritage. Half the abuse was towards their own team. Ofcourse, Indian crowd will abuse pakistani players cause of the rivalry but not racially(same/similar race), colour(same/similar colour) or religion(150 million muslims in India).

And atleast from my Indian experience. Towards all player(indian, paki or whatever) the crowd had respect cause the those 12 players have made it to the level that the crowd dreams about every night.

JJ

Immortal
wow - that's an intellectually demanding retort :shock:

didn't see that one coming :sarcasm: