What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pangai Jr

be55

Juniors
WOW when you look and listen to this guy its easy to understand why the roosters perform to the standards they do every week...i know on paper they have a great side and many people question if they are under the cap or not but this guy is a huge part of why they are the team that they are...he has an expert football brain(watch they way they pull apart sides with their attack and structure much of which comes down to his coaching) he tells it how it is no bullshit no stupid slogans or phrases (we have to become comfortable with being uncomfortable...i kid you not i heard our coach say this at a press conference once) and he is a real leader of men i can imagine players want to perform for him and that is half the battle...compare Robinson to this pretender of a coach that we have...our coach has no football IQ he has no leadership qualities and judging by the last six years he is willing to except mediocrity from his players something Robinson would never do...I guarantee you that if Robinson was our coach next year with the same team as what we have at the moment we might not be playing in Grand Finals but we would be performing a hell of a lot better than the current garbage we produce week in week out...Robinson is a great leader and coach...Ours isn't good enough to coach an u12s side down the local park on the weekend...rant over !

This Year?

Immortal
I can already imagine gym selfies on instagram with Jack and Tariq with bikie whisperer showing him how we roll.

FMD.

Old Timer

Coach
As the JDB stand down policy by the NRL saga slowly sinks in the west by all means let's sign up for another ongoing saga by signing Pangai Jnr who has just been stood down indefinitely by the NRL

After all what would a season or 2 free of controversy, indecision and stupidity be for the St GI faithful?

Heaven forbid this place would become boring and grind to a halt.

Get to it Basil get this blokes x on the contract as I doubt very much he is bright enough to sign it.

Gareth67

First Grade
He plays like a thug in my opinion. Doesn't tackle, just flops with all his weight.

Watched him the other night on one of the sports shows , high tackle on little Adam Reynolds and as you have said Nanadragon , then dumped all of his weight on the little bloke as he was falling to ground . If only big bad John O’Neil or John Sattler were still playing they would teach him a lesson he wouldn’t forget .

Gareth67

First Grade
We've done well rehabilitating other bad boys over the years and there is no real reason why Pangai jr would be the exception.

To me, it is just sad that SGI did not step up and oversee the reform of AFB because it is now seen as a fact that he made a bad mistake in his life and is now reformed. Fortunately for AFB, Hasler could see that.

We simply do not have the coach whom would rule the roost with a much needed iron fist . Such an individual is what is required now at the Dragons , not only to lay the law down to the players but to inspire them and to give confidence to the team as a whole.

Therefore Pangi Jr. would not fit the bill as far as the Dragons are concerned (IMO) , Jack Hetherington , although he sails very close to the wind , would be a more suitable acquisition for at least he can think clearly.

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
"No, he won’t be at the Roosters," Robinson said.

"I don’t know what’s going on up there, but we’ve worked really hard - as you can see - for the type of player that we want.

"And he’s not going to fit that mould."

Simple. That's why he is amongst the best coaches out there. Why disrupt a team with someone like Pangai.

George Sancti

Juniors
It is easy for Trent Robinson to advocate high standards when Easts are not in need of the type of aggression that Tevita Pangai jnr would deliver. Easts are well balanced in terms of aggression, skill, speed and experience. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves is not renowned for clean play nor is he a stranger to judiciary.

Saints badly need an aggressive player, and unfortunately aggression is often accompanied by other less desirable attributes that need to be managed.

Old Timer

Coach
It is easy for Trent Robinson to advocate high standards when Easts are not in need of the type of aggression that Tevita Pangai jnr would deliver. Easts are well balanced in terms of aggression, skill, speed and experience. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves is not renowned for clean play nor is he a stranger to judiciary.

Saints badly need an aggressive player, and unfortunately aggression is often accompanied by other less desirable attributes that need to be managed.
Your point is well made but unfortunately
Pangai Jnr is a completely loose cannon and a law unto himself.

We have no one in our ranks anywhere near having the requisite skills to manage this young tear away and if we had of managed our own affairs better over the last 2-3 years then it might be a completely different story.

We have no discipline at any level of our club and until that is sorted we as a club should be looking to attract a good coach and quality players and should now avoid players with baggage at all costs.

redVinme

Bench

We have no one in our ranks anywhere near having the requisite skills to manage this young tear away and if we had of managed our own affairs better over the last 2-3 years then it might be a completely different story.

We have no discipline at any level of our club and until that is sorted we as a club should be looking to attract a good coach and quality players and should now avoid players with baggage at all costs.

Good post.

George Sancti

Juniors

I will probably be shot down for what I am about to suggest, and I acknowledge that the individual I am alluding to does not have a strong record of success in other areas, however I do think Craig Young does have the authority and capability to manage a young tear away such as TPJ.

Dragons 09

Juniors
The guy is damaged goods, no doubt, but if there is a type of player we need right now it is a Pangai type player. Our forward pack is severely missing a big, fast, agile and aggressive young forward who will take on the best of them and can get on top of the most feared forwards in the comp. If a miracle happened and McGregor was punted and we signed a no nonsense coach, i'd take a punt on him.

Our forward pack simply doesn't command respect from opposition teams, we scare no one, we are seen as lightweights, no JDB, Sims has lost his edge, the rest of them just hit it up and play the ball, we are powder puffs. Pangai could change all of that, i want us to be feared, i don't care about being liked, i say give it a go as i don't think we would be worse off than where we are now even if it all turns to shite!

Or of course, we could always sign Christian Welch..........PLEASE NO!

Yes, easy for Robinson to come out with the type of comment he has. It’s for the cameras obviously. Had they already not stockpiled so much talent, including SBW, I’m sure he’d be dancing another tune if it suited him and his club. It’s really hard to watch the billows of smoke being blown up his and Politis’ arses by all and sundry in the media. It wasn’t under his watch but not that long ago the ‘culture club’ was infested with knuckleheads like Conn, Carney, Pearce at his worst, et al. They were more than happy to throw problem kids like Ferguson a lifeline and tolerated a lot of stupidity from the likea of Friend, Pearce and others. At one point they were at pains to offer themselves as the true redemption club narrative. The Pearce pooch imbroglio did happen on the watch of SuperCoach and he wasn’t quite as sanctimonious in those days. I think the biggest reason to avoid Pangai Jr is the fact he’s terribly overrated and on the whole, a fairly average player with lots of issues. Being built like the hulk doesn’t guarantee he plays that way week in week out and most of the time he just doesn’t. At times his defence is dumb and flat out soft and he hasn’t come far at all from the player Saints tormented in that Suncorp semi final a few years back. Sure, he’s a big name but there are far better options available.

Old Timer

Coach
I will probably be shot down for what I am about to suggest, and I acknowledge that the individual I am alluding to does not have a strong record of success in other areas, however I do think Craig Young does have the authority and capability to manage a young tear away such as TPJ.
Having Albert anywhere near any players would be even worse than the team being under Mc Fookknuckle.

Albert has proven a big flop at all things other than playing and the further away he is the better.

Kylez3

Juniors
NRL 360 and an article released earlier today by SMH pretty much confirmed the Dragons aren't interested in TPJ.

Latest posts