What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers game talk

64 Dragon

Coach
If Hornby wants to dummy and go EVERY time he gets the ball 10m either side of halfway he should be playing in the backrow... No wonder our centres are struggling, every time there is room to move our halves turn it inside for another hit up or dummy and go.

Surely he wouldn't be playing to instuctions.

I'm absolutely, totally gutted, numb even.

FlameThrower

Bench
Thank God, i was forced to watch THE-VOICE and only slip in during commerical breaks.........even if we won it would have been a fluke.................hopeless.Hang your heads in shame, whats going on with these guys...

Did anyone ntice Hornby push Reinin the back after giving away that stupid penalty with 2 minutes to go in regular time, extar effort to push penrif player ingoall???

ghostface

Juniors
Tonight was VERY DISAPPOINTING. Spreading it wide and playing laterally just for the sake of it is just shithouse. When we FINALLY directed the attack up the middle we got some results.

Our structure has been terrible all year.

blacklock

Juniors
they went there expecting to win under the illusion that all the work melbourne did the previous week somehow still counted.

our attack was rubbish and the only reason we got back was as a result of the second phase plays. as soon as we evened up....the second phase plays were gone and so was our momentum.

not to mention dumb decisions.... fien running on the last and not atleast putting in a kick. seriously??

all in all i think we may make the finals but just not feeling it. theres something seriously disjointed.

also..... hornby is useless.

64 Dragon

Coach
I was looking forward to playing Parra in a couple of weeks. Now I'm worried we will help THEM find some form.

Honestly this team won't make the top 8 and if so Price needs to be shown the door but Doust who is a complete wank won't do that he persisted with Brown for way to long and he'll do the same again.

ghostface

Juniors
ON a positive note. I enjoyed the impact that both Vea and Marketo provided off the bench. Merrin and Creagh both played out of their skins. I think the final result was largely influenced by the absence of Soward if he plays we win it's as simple as that.

evil_p091280

Juniors
ON a positive note. I enjoyed the impact that both Vea and Marketo provided off the bench. Merrin and Creagh both played out of their skins. I think the final result was largely influenced by the absence of Soward if he plays we win it's as simple as that.

I agree with this

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Yep if Soward plays we win - nobody else can kick a field goal, so any golden point game without Soward we are no chance.
It's a moot point imo. If the boys didn't wait until the last 15 minutes to show some support play, we would have won.

Outlaw Pete

Juniors
Stanley hopelessly missing tonight. Go easy on Rein. Tried hard and scored. Vidot a liability as a winger. Do a Trex with him ?
But hell buy a 1/2 back.

Don't get me wrong, I'm impressed with the effort Vidot puts in each week. I just don't see a combination developing with him and Cooper. It seems like everytime Cooper looks for an inside pass to Vidot, he is tip toeing along the sideline.

Perhaps Kyle to the cutters, Vidot to right centre, Morris back to his wing and Goodwin to fullback!

Thought??

It's a moot point imo. If the boys didn't wait until the last 15 minutes to show some support play, we would have won.

Agree, but my point is that we need someone else to be capable of potting a field goal other than just Jamie all the time. Doesn't Kyle Stanley have a drop kick? If he's our future in the halves then it was there for him to show it tonight.

Louiethefly

Juniors
Stanley hopelessly missing tonight. Go easy on Rein. Tried hard and scored. Vidot a liability as a winger. Do a Trex with him ?
But hell buy a 1/2 back.

How did Stanley go missing? He's playing centre. He gets the ball passed to him with no room at all most of the time, And when there is some space, Hornby runs the ball sideways about 5 metres and then passes it to him just to make sure he doesn't have any room... What did Cooper do all game?

Bring back choc

Juniors
Don't get me wrong, I'm impressed with the effort Vidot puts in each week. I just don't see a combination developing with him and Cooper. It seems like everytime Cooper looks for an inside pass to Vidot, he is tip toeing along the sideline.

Perhaps Kyle to the cutters, Vidot to right centre, Morris back to his wing and Goodwin to fullback!

Thought??

Kyle is an issue, but the outside backs are not the problem. Our pack lacks agression and power.

Souths will hammer us.

Can we please get vidot in the 2nd row? Vea is not sufficient cover for the loss of prior. That way we could have Goodwin @1 and slippery back on the wing

blacksafake

First Grade
Also thought that was Kyle's chance to stand up tonight. He went missing badly.
I must say for all the hype about him i am yet to see anything that fills me with hope.Sure he may be playing out of position(why wasn't he used at 5/8 tonight) but still all he has shown me is that he can tackle & kick goals,besides that he aint up to the mark atm imo.