What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers lower grades thread 2023

Murraymob1

Juniors
Most sides with the amount of ball manly have had would be up by 20 or more .Lets not forget they have a lot of guys who have played first grade .Well woods once was a first grader

betcats

Referee
I reckon Lisati looks good. The whole team are making far too many errors. Hold the ball, we will win the game.

It was an atrocious first half from us. If the can get the basics right they should come home strong. Breeze will be against us 2nd half but the forwards and backs running hard are creating momentum they just need to hold the ball and cut out the penalties

Girds89

Bench
I think sommerton lacks the speed to be a top nrl 9.

He's more crafty than Kenny but similar speed.

If he continues to develop he'll be solid.. similar to wade Egan mold.

soc123_au

Staff member
I think sommerton lacks the speed to be a top nrl 9.

He's more crafty than Kenny but similar speed.

If he continues to develop he'll be solid.. similar to wade Egan mold.
I'd take Egan back in a heartbeat. So if Somerton can play at that level I'm good with it.

Girds89

Bench
So easily the best hooker at the club capable of playing regularly?

Right now the best combo at the club is Kenny Luke.

People watch these nsw cup games and froth over players.

Sommerton came on at the end and scored against a couple tired forwards.

Was a simple try which he executed well but that opportunity is way harder in fg...

Defences aren't as sloppy. He basically went in untouched. That doesn't happen in fg... especially not with the slower hookers.

It's a big level down from nrl.

If he can have a really big year and consistently perform at a high level than he'll be in the 30 next year.

It's the same with someone like blacker. People see him in nsw cup make a few strong runs and think man he's fg...

When in reality is very avg

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Right now the best combo at the club is Kenny Luke.

People watch these nsw cup games and froth over players.

Sommerton came on at the end and scored against a couple tired forwards.

Was a simple try which he executed well but that opportunity is way harder in fg...

Defences aren't as sloppy. He basically went in untouched. That doesn't happen in fg... especially not with the slower hookers.

It's a big level down from nrl.

If he can have a really big year and consistently perform at a high level than he'll be in the 30 next year.

It's the same with someone like blacker. People see him in nsw cup make a few strong runs and think man he's fg...

When in reality is very avg
We can't count on Luke. He's just too fragile

betcats

Referee
Sommerton has made a huge difference. Try on half time, good run to get us into attacking kick position for the 2nd try and great short side play for the 3rd.

Girds89

Bench
Liam Henry is solid...

But I struggle to see him making a dent in fg.

He lacks power.

This will sound rude but he's very much in the Aidan tolman mold.