What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers lower grades thread 2023

Kilkenny

Coach
At some stage our NSW Cup side with a number of our younger talents and other players with NRL experience surely need to step up and deliver. They have been very disappointing.

Kilkenny

Coach
I thought Brad Fearnley May have made more of an impact with the Sharks but has been struggling to get game time with their feeder club the Newtown Jets. I see he is listed at 18 against us on the weekend.

Kilkenny

Coach
A few already have. Hopefully the forwards in particular develop quick
I’m still in shock around our salary cap woes, even allowing for upgrades we should have cap space to bring in some quality players or top quality up and coming youngsters.

When you have outgoings such as Api, Kikau, Crichton and Lenui along with some depth players O’Sullivan, Jennings and the kids and we are still struggling something is seriously wrong.

I’m still in shock around our salary cap woes, even allowing for upgrades we should have cap space to bring in some quality players or top quality up and coming youngsters.

When you have outgoings such as Api, Kikau, Crichton and Lenui along with some depth players O’Sullivan, Jennings and the kids and we are still struggling something is seriously wrong.
Yes that's right. who is getting paid overs here that shouldn't be?

With all those going it really should be no issue extending Martin, Luai and Edwards plus have money left over for a #9.

Do they still have a committee for recruitment or has that changed to Ivan's Selection?

Kilkenny

Coach
It was kind of bizarre watching Josh Mansour going around for the jets on the weekend. Ironically he was always considered to be a bit of a liability under the high ball, not on the weekend took quite a few with aplomb. Still looks in great shape physically and I’m sure he could still do a job in the ESL but for family and business reasons happy just to see out his days in the lower level here. One of my all time favourites.

Iamback

Coach

The club offered Crichton $700k. So
We have that to play with, The club just has to stop being tight and open the cheque book

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

I'm not. Every player who played and helped win the last 2 grandfinals would be getting better money than in say 2019.

Look at how many internationals we have in our top 30. May, To'o, Tago, Crighton, Suniva, Luai, Cleary, Luke, Yeo, Martin, Scotty Sorro, Fish, Leota,

Add in Edwards and you have a pretty top notch aquad. None of these players come cheaply.

I forgot Lenui.

Kilkenny

Coach
The club offered Crichton $700k. So
We have that to play with, The club just has to stop being tight and open the cheque book
I have got no idea any more mate.

Fans were led to believe we were optimistic of retaining Api and Kikau. Kinda off thought we would be able to retain both Crichton and Lenui have lost both. I’m not sure what’s going on.

Im not sure we have anything to play with and if we do what are we going to bring in that is better that what we have lost.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Fans were led to believe we were optimistic of retaining Api and Kikau. Kinda off thought we would be able to retain both Crichton and Lenui have lost both. I’m not sure what’s going on.

Im not sure we have anything to play with and if we do what are we going to bring in that is better that what we have lost.

If we had retained Api and Kikau.......There would have been probably no money for Leota, or To'o.

Kilkenny

Coach
I'm not. Every player who played and helped win the last 2 grandfinals would be getting better money than in say 2019.

Look at how many internationals we have in our top 30. May, To'o, Tago, Crighton, Suniva, Luai, Cleary, Luke, Yeo, Martin, Scotty Sorro, Fish, Leota,

Add in Edwards and you have a pretty top notch aquad. None of these players come cheaply.

I forgot Lenui.
I think you have to drill down on what players may actually be earning rather than making assumptions around their international status.

May, Turuva, Luke Sorensen and probably Tago are not on huge money.

The only question I pose , if how can a certain side with there current roster, still largely not really lose significant players but are still able to recruit marquee players like Brandon Smith, Spencer Lenui, the Knights winger whose name escapes me with rumours around they are working in a new deal to retain JWH. I know Suaali is leaving but that is one player for goodness sakes.

Iamback

Coach

It is because the club mucks around, Tries to get them to stay for unders then there is no one left.

We should be going to replace Spencer now but instead are finalising the Martin deal that should of been done last year

Latest posts