What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers lower grades thread 2023

Kilkenny

Coach
If we had retained Api and Kikau.......There would have been probably no money for Leota, or To'o.
Wayne Bennett and Craig Bellamy have been somewhat renowned for the not paying overs for front rowers.

This may not be a popular opinion on here but we have paid overs for our two main book ends.

JFH has been in the past proven to deliver 20 hit ups and 200 metres gained whether he is able to achieve those lofty heights going forward remains to be seen.

Moses on the other hand, his best is often very good, but it is often just average 40-50 minutes a game 10 or so hit ups for a 100 metres. if there was one player that perhaps that we should have moved on to accomodate others then it was probably Moses.

Sime_11

Juniors
however Fish and Moses are likeable stand up players with little to no off field controversy - hard trainers and leaders at the club - represent the clubs current identity and what we want to achieve - and they came up through the same system

the youth forwards keep in line and learn from these guys on how to train/be a pro - that's worth the $$$ we pay them IMO

Iamback

Coach
Anyone at the ground watching? Twitter updates look positive.

Great ball movement early on. Still though scored an individual try from Cogger, Individual try from Sommerton
A dropped kick for the 3rd

Lisati and Mav back in their normal roles.

Lots of errors though but something to build from, Could tell it was 2 bottom teams playing

Iamback

Coach
NSW Cup is on Kayo at 12.40.

When played in Bathurst Dane Laurie gave us a bath, Evenly matched game.

Need the 2 points to keep in touch with the top 5

Flashstep

Juniors
It was kind of bizarre watching Josh Mansour going around for the jets on the weekend. Ironically he was always considered to be a bit of a liability under the high ball, not on the weekend took quite a few with aplomb. Still looks in great shape physically and I’m sure he could still do a job in the ESL but for family and business reasons happy just to see out his days in the lower level here. One of my all time favourites.

I still remember Mansours first year for us coming from South’s reserve grade. He would break tackles for fun and I couldn’t believe we had him in our team. At his best was probably the best winger in the comp. Such a shame he was never the same player after what happened with his jaw but he was a quality winger for us for many years. One of my all time favourite players as well.