What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers lower grades thread 2023

GongPanther

Referee
ATM, Boiling hot faves Canberra are behind Parra 14-0 at HT, so it looks like there is certainly a disadvantage of coming in cold after a three week break.

betcats

Referee
ATM, Boiling hot faves Canberra are behind Parra 14-0 at HT, so it looks like there is certainly a disadvantage of coming in cold after a three week break.

Yep I don’t like the setup. Fair enough the top 2 sides get a week off while minor semis are played but why have a week break between the regular season and the first semis? They are teens playing a 9 week regular season, they finish strong in the top two taking some momentum and form in the finals then have to wait 3 weeks to play in a major semi do or die. Finish the season, minor semi next week, major semi week after and then the gf. At that age I’d much rather then playing every week till the season s over then have a 3 week wait between games. Anyway winnings always good but those teams are about development and I think we have plenty in both teams to look forward to.

GongPanther

Referee
Yep I don’t like the setup. Fair enough the top 2 sides get a week off while minor semis are played but why have a week break between the regular season and the first semis? They are teens playing a 9 week regular season, they finish strong in the top two taking some momentum and form in the finals then have to wait 3 weeks to play in a major semi do or die. Finish the season, minor semi next week, major semi week after and then the gf. At that age I’d much rather then playing every week till the season s over then have a 3 week wait between games. Anyway winnings always good but those teams are about development and I think we have plenty in both teams to look forward to.
Development is the major point of this comp being it a 9 week season. A few of this lads from SG Ball will go the the jersey Flegg squad, and the rest in the suburban comps.

Iamback

Coach

Since we had this format.

2021 - 4th placed Canberra beat 6th place Steelers in Ball

We won last year from 4th.

Matts Last year 4th place Sharks knocked out Roosters who were 1st

Then of course this year

Kilkenny

Coach
The two losses were hugely disappointing.

At the same time, both sides have some kids who look highly promising and May have what it takes to progress to NRL in a season or two.

The younger McLean brother looks like he could develop into something special. Great physique, very athletic, be interesting to see how he develops in the next season or so. Hopefully he is locked up long term.

Latest posts