What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers R21 @ the Gong

TruSaint

Referee
I have been very pleased with our coach this year, however i will say if he is so hell bent on keeping a guy that does NOT want to be at the Club, then that's on him.

Seriously, if we finish 10th or 14th, what's the difference?

Im sorry but Hunt is no Captain, and is no leader. He's on a great pay, playing in a position he couldn't at rep level.

There were 2 players with 7 on their back in the game today. One was a halfback proper, the other a bench hooker. Cut him loose FFs.

SAP58

Juniors
We lack speed. Our attack is pedestrian and our defence is non existent. Someone has got to grab the players by their balls and squeeze them so tight and told - "you bloody have to defend otherwise these balls of yours will get squeezed again". They should remember to defend then. Ouch!!
There are a few that have been given ample opportunity to improve their defence this year & haven’t 2025 will be no different they are simply not up to it. Time to move on to the next generation.

TheRev

First Grade
We have no other 7 in our system.. its why ive been banging on that if we only buy 1 player for halves coverage in the off-season, it has to be someone who can play 7.. we need to give ourselves some options.. and have someone to put pressure on the first grade halves..

I do think Hunt will be better next week though, he looked rusty as hell, not just him though.. a few of them did.. looked like they had played together in a while... they got better as the game went on though...

saintmar

Juniors
Lol@ all you idiots who thought Sloan was the cause of our defensive issues.
LOL Don’t stop there
1.RAVA is just too slow
2.Lawrie is useless
Well at least they can not be blamed for todays crap
The reality is we need
1. A first class prop not a spare parts reject
2.A half that can run a side
AND
3.A coach who players want to play for and has the ability to sign these two quality players and nurse our juniors coming thru
All are required urgently

I find it hard to believe you can front up to numerous press conferences and say “my kicking was off again “ and still hold a position in the team. Surely now Flanno has to move him and bring someone else in. How many chances does this guy get? I just hope he has the guts to do it. Surely at least start with a new kicker. God i wish he had of walked out when he threatened to. So sick of watching him do nothing week after week yet still get selected.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I have been very pleased with our coach this year, however i will say if he is so hell bent on keeping a guy that does NOT want to be at the Club, then that's on him.

Seriously, if we finish 10th or 14th, what's the difference?

Im sorry but Hunt is no Captain, and is no leader. He's on a great pay, playing in a position he couldn't at rep level.

There were 2 players with 7 on their back in the game today. One was a halfback proper, the other a bench hooker. Cut him loose FFs.
Well said Bud...do you want to drive him or will I .....which ever.....I'll even load the furniture

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I find it hard to believe you can front up to numerous press conferences and say “my kicking was off again “ and still hold a position in the team. Surely now Flanno has to move him and bring someone else in. How many chances does this guy get? I just hope he has the guts to do it. Surely at least start with a new kicker. God i wish he had of walked out when he threatened to. So sick of watching him do nothing week after week yet still get selected.
What you say is correct...but won't worry him...he's on shit loads and is most likely at the atm as we speak

TheRev

First Grade
Marshke has been injured fellas.. he went off in that brissie game and hasnt been back.. no idea what the ETA is..

Would be a huge call and huge headlines to be dumping a current origin player when finals is still on the cards.. I get that everyone is angry currently.. but we are stuck with him for now...

Next year is a different story.. but he also has to have somewhere to go who will pay his contract out.