What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers R21 @ the Gong

BLM01

First Grade
Yeah. Toby has a good step and an offload. Haven't seen enough of Ryan to comment but seem similar build. We will wear them out if we continue to play barge-ball (5 hit-ups and hail mary kick on the 6th).
Just watch Cleary and Laui how they probe for gaps or space out wide as an example. I knew what yesterdays outcome was going to be and I had to admire their skillset. The fourth GF is theirs to lose for mine.
Yes they look good quick and synced in attack
Helps playing together past 5 years
Our timing snd passing are far from their crispness + they all have 2nd phase

BLM01

First Grade
thats not too bad.. assume Mathew Feagai didnt get charged for the one the commentators thought should be an automatic 10 in the bin for consistency that the fans are craving.
In normal speed I thought he was committed and had no time to pull out but of course in slower Mo it looks different as Corey Parker was carrying on about + about time we stopped overreacting to every collision and considered accidents where someone was actually falling into a tackle

TheRev

First Grade
In normal speed I thought he was committed and had no time to pull out but of course in slower Mo it looks different as Corey Parker was carrying on about + about time we stopped overreacting to every collision and considered accidents where someone was actually falling into a tackle
I think Ivan Cleary was carrying on about 2 of his players being taken out also, with no reward to them.. both tackles shown to be non-issues and ofcourse both times we were penalised... and literally noone even mentions our bloke failing his HIA also.

Anasta and all the fox boys were going on about it also.. whats new for Dragons fans.

Dragon David

First Grade
Hunt could play at 14 for them. Seriously though I would swap quite a few of the Bulldog roster with ours in a heartbeat, imagine having Crichton, Tracey, Burton and Addo Car running out in the red V - we would be back in the game.
Wow, now there is a foursome to reckon with and we have Buckley's chance of being able to get even 4 "great" guys like those above let alone the several others the Dogs have bought and brought into the squad from their depth of juniors.

I feel sorry for us guys, I really do.

TheRev

First Grade
The Dogs did want to buy Hunt, Gould is big on experienced players guiding a football team.. but surely they have seen enough this year to realise he isnt improving that football side.

The 3 kicks out on the full sort of rubs it in your face if you dont watch him all that closely.. but it was a windy day I can give him the benefit on that one.. but its the rest of his game thats the dilemma.

Its possible someone would pick him up as a hooker or a 14.. but they wont pay 800k or whatever his value is..

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
The Dogs did want to buy Hunt, Gould is big on experienced players guiding a football team.. but surely they have seen enough this year to realise he isnt improving that football side.

The 3 kicks out on the full sort of rubs it in your face if you dont watch him all that closely.. but it was a windy day I can give him the benefit on that one.. but its the rest of his game thats the dilemma.

Its possible someone would pick him up as a hooker or a 14.. but they wont pay 800k or whatever his value is..
A windy day though Rev shouldn't mean that much if you've played 300+ games

The way I look at the 3 kicks plus the one directly on the full in goal is that Hunt wouldn't do that in an origin game.
Ask yourself why and it comes down to pride and effort. He has become a bit nonchalant lately which isn't usually something I would describe him as. he has had that many halves partners that he is the common denominator.
We have needed him in games like this one and the Manly and Bulldogs game to stand up and be the match winner and he just never is.

Anyway...picking on Hunt or Lawrie or Lomax or Feagai or whoever is pointless when there are so many reasons we are losing these matches horribly. We don't have the players across the park and there's not enough future prospects in the team right now to see bright days ahead.

Meanwhile watch a team like Roosters go out and get Moses or Dylan Brown while we just hang on to Hunt out of necessity. This inability to get the players we need with all our cap space is now driving me crazy to the point of wanting to just switch off. We can't compete.

justadragon

Bench

Besides that Rev, Sexton who was brought in specifically for the game against the Dragons tore him a new one, just like he did when he was at the Titans and dare I say probably on less than half the dollars Hunt is on.

Dragon David

First Grade
You are right with this StGeorgeDragons -

We don't have the players across the park and there's not enough future prospects in the team right now to see bright days ahead

We know this, but what are the people who actually are employed to sort this out doing about it? My thing is whoever the club purges, please make sure that the replacements are big and strong in the forwards and the backs are solid and fast. We need speed galore.

2010Dragons

Bench
The whole team looked and played drunk and hungover.
it would have to be the worst I’ve seen them play this season. They invented new ways to create unforced errors.
At one point in the game I had to count if the Dragons had 13 on the field. The defence line gaps was wider than Sydney heads.
disgraceful performance. They all gave up in the first 30 minutes of the game. Looks like they were deliberately tanking it.
im concerned flanno has lost the sheds. They will NOT win another game this year.
And why is CHUNT still the captain. Who would have to be the worst defender in the team and NRL.
SACK THE MIDGET merkin NOW!!!!!

Last edited:
You are right with this StGeorgeDragons -

We don't have the players across the park and there's not enough future prospects in the team right now to see bright days ahead

We know this, but what are the people who actually are employed to sort this out doing about it? My thing is whoever the club purges, please make sure that the replacements are big and strong in the forwards and the backs are solid and fast. We need speed galore.
By now we should have 2 elite players and 2 high quality recruits (e.g. Cook sorted for next year). Nup, not happening. More of the same next year. Maybe by the end of next year the Couchmans and those gun SG Ball players joining the squad will be more central to our cause but that alone is not anywhere near sufficient.

Whoever is employed to do it are pathetic at their job. Quite simply. Shane doesn't have the pull we had hoped for either.

Latest posts