What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers sack Griffin 4 weeks from finals

age.s

First Grade
We've looked pretty scratchy in the past month or two, but every team in the 8 has at various points throughout the year. We're still well in this comp.

Amazed that a potential premiership is being jeopardised like this.

yobbo84

First Grade
So they want a coach who has been proven to take a team of talented players and flashy youngsters in need of some discipline and direction to a premiership? Surely Michael Maguire would be an obvious choice.

sandshark

Bench
Would Manly or Penrith be interested in a premiership winning coach?
Comes with a maybe-not-so-good reserve grader son.

parraeel

Juniors
Wow. Gus and his ego, eh?

I mean, I reckon Griffin is an ordinary coach and all....but four weeks from the finals? I just can't see how that improves their chances at all.

Guy has a great footy brain but agree he has massive ego issues.

since he has left the roosters and gone to the riff , that the roosters have a coach for 5 or so years and even got a contract extension , yet they ran thru coaches consistently when Gould was apart of their set il

Eion

First Grade
We've looked pretty scratchy in the past month or two, but every team in the 8 has at various points throughout the year. We're still well in this comp.

Amazed that a potential premiership is being jeopardised like this.
Exactly. They’re almost better off actually sacking him now.

I spose it all depends on what he’s done and how it came about.

If 9 had 100% footy on before 10:15pm I may have even dialled in tonight to find out what Gus says...

Gentle Herpes

Juniors
Pretty sure Griffin was sacked from his last club despite making the finals that year too. At least in that case the Donkeys had Bennett lined up to replace him.

Guy has a great footy brain but agree he has massive ego issues.

since he has left the roosters and gone to the riff , that the roosters have a coach for 5 or so years and go contract extension , yet they ran thru coaches consistently when Gould was apart of their set il

Just a bit of clarification. Gus became Coaching Director at the Roosters when Ricky Stuart arrived in 2002. He had no capacity at the club after he stepped down as coach at the end of 1999. He left the Roosters at around the same time Stuart did, if not before. The turnover at our club in coaches came after he'd left us.

Meapro Ham

Juniors
I hear Penrith may be going back to this guy.

images

axl rose

Bench
He looked like a dead man walking the day he was announced as coach. The way Gus sacked Ivan Cleary in the off season he would have to be pretty naive to think his day wouldn't come.

Why doesn't Gus just take over. He has worked behind the scenes to undermine Graham Murray, Ricky Stuart, Matthew Elliot (oh wait,he deserved it) Ivan Cleary and now Griffin. Stop babbling with that old coot Rabs and coach again.

Generalzod

Immortal
Penrith must have cash flowing through the Nepean river wasn’t he contracted for another 2 years more dollars then cents I guess

Last edited:

parraeel

Juniors
Just a bit of clarification. Gus became Coaching Director at the Roosters when Ricky Stuart arrived in 2002. He had no capacity at the club after he stepped down as coach at the end of 1999. He left the Roosters at around the same time Stuart did, if not before. The turnover at our club in coaches came after he'd left us.

Gould has always been part of the setup till he went back to the riff . He may not have been "coaching director " but h had his nose in everything

axl rose

Bench
Gould has always been part of the setup till he went back to the riff . He may not have been "coaching director " but h had his nose in everything
Right. Even when he left for the Riff Gus said he had to clear it with Nick Politis. He was always on the Roosters payroll.

Latest posts