What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers v Parra

TheRiff

Juniors
Kinda crazy how he has gonna from NSW rep, to barely 1st Grade quality in a few months.

Is some of it coaching? He seems to be spending a considerable amount of time as a tight forward, and his game really isn't suited to it at all.

He is a middle, playing him on the edge is poor. Especially with TPJ and Kikau on the bench

Panther Pete

Juniors
Happy with our defence and even happier to get the win but damn we bombed some tries again. When Api makes the break if he passes to Nathan’s chest we score. If Momo didn’t pass it (ironically) he would have scored. If Luai was half a meter further back behind the kick we score. I have probably left out a couple more but it just seems more of that clunkiness we have had in our game since origin. If only we could just find that form we had in the first half of the season I would be more confident about our chances next week against the Storm.

DinkyDi

Juniors
If we play like we did last night, then the storm game is there for the taking. I do not get sick of watching this.

Vicpanther

Juniors
Happy with our defence and even happier to get the win but damn we bombed some tries again. When Api makes the break if he passes to Nathan’s chest we score. If Momo didn’t pass it (ironically) he would have scored. If Luai was half a meter further back behind the kick we score. I have probably left out a couple more but it just seems more of that clunkiness we have had in our game since origin. If only we could just find that form we had in the first half of the season I would be more confident about our chances next week against the Storm.
The thing that laot of people don't understand is when a game is hard and intense like the last 2 games the clunkiness comes out. It is very hard to be smooth when your getting hammered every set from the opening whistle. I watched leota make 3 hard tackles straight up. Then get the ball and do a hard run. Shit like that needs to applauded more. How many hard tackles did romie and bath make? Way to bloody many.
The problem with the modern game is everyone fixates on attack not the hard work. I couldn't care if we arnt flashy as long as we play hard wich is what we have done 2 weeks in a row and no doubt will next week.

Abacus

Juniors
The thing that laot of people don't understand is when a game is hard and intense like the last 2 games the clunkiness comes out. It is very hard to be smooth when your getting hammered every set from the opening whistle. I watched leota make 3 hard tackles straight up. Then get the ball and do a hard run. Shit like that needs to applauded more. How many hard tackles did romie and bath make? Way to bloody many.
The problem with the modern game is everyone fixates on attack not the hard work. I couldn't care if we arnt flashy as long as we play hard wich is what we have done 2 weeks in a row and no doubt will next week.
Agree. I thought Leota was enormous last night.

Abacus

Juniors
Huh?

If we play like we did last night we’ll get beaten by 20 against the Storm. We need to improve a lot.
We've just missed a stack of try-scoring opportunities the last couple of weeks - so we're creating enough just need to be clinical in finishing. I'm hopeful that next week the footy gods will decide to square the ledger on that front.

We've just missed a stack of try-scoring opportunities the last couple of weeks - so we're creating enough just need to be clinical in finishing. I'm hopeful that next week the footy gods will decide to square the ledger on that front.

The attack isn’t flowing properly. We did miss some opportunities, but a part of that is we aren’t creating the space we were in the first half of the season.