What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers vs Cowboys

I'd be all for Staines because he's a fullback, if he were available. He would become the backup down the track, given it seems Aekins isn't getting re-signed.

Laurie is a fullback and by some people’s account just as talented as Staines. I’d be happy with him instead of Burton. But as I’ve said to you several times, clearly someone at the club sees Burton as a FB given he’s been training there.

The_Frog

First Grade
Laurie is a fullback and by some people’s account just as talented as Staines. I’d be happy with him instead of Burton. But as I’ve said to you several times, clearly someone at the club sees Burton as a FB given he’s been training there.
Yep you have. We have no idea if he's ready. Have to wait and see.

Yep you have. We have no idea if he's ready. Have to wait and see.

I think we can make an educated guess based on his other performances. If he wasn’t a confident, calm & talented half, who’s also 6 foot 3, I’d never suggest he play fullback.

There’s some footy players you can just tell there’s something special about them. I’ve never been one to hype juniors, always cautioned against it. But Burton is different.

The yak

Juniors
But as I’ve said to you several times, clearly someone at the club sees Burton as a FB given he’s been training there.

He also has been training at centre and hooker. Depends on how much training he exclusively has been doing at fullback. are they broadening his versatility or seeing how he goes in other positions?

He also has been training at centre and hooker. Depends on how much training he exclusively has been doing at fullback. Is it to broaden his versatility or to see how he goes in other positions?

My understanding is Nathan Cleary was asked when Burton would get back in the team, and he said “well he’s been training at FB & centre”, so it kinda sounds like they’re looking at him for other positions. Hooker is a weird one, though. That’s probably more related to his bench role than the other two.