What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Para linked to hillsong?

Fui!!!

Juniors
those hillsong maggots are always trying to slime their way into our club,

they want to be seen with successful people .. all part of their american-import 'prosperity doctrine'. they pray over their wallets.

we have to protect our boys from these vultures.

That's the biggest contradiction ever :lol::lol::lol::lol:

SDM

First Grade
Hillsong are harmless, until they open a new shop, I mean church, over the road from your work and you need to buy a shotgun to keep the tightarses out of your carpark.

Hanscholo

Bench
I think your CEO is a big fat fool with an even bigger mouth. Its ironic that you have replaced a bloke that couldnt keep his mouth shut with a bloke that has an even bigger need for media attention.

Just an FYI elephant man.

Coming out in the press the day after Hayne got off and saying the eels would have been 'no chance' if he was suspended rates as one of the dumbest things i have ever heard come out of a CEO's mouth. Just quietly Paul, what do you think the players would have felt if Hayne rolled his ankle on thursday and was ruled out...Yea thats right you dont think do you. There is no need to see your head on TV 3 nights a week thanks.

Oh and Hillsong...makes perfect sense.

fish eel

Immortal
Ossie has done plenty of great things for this club in a short period of time.

Thank christ were not run like the basket case that is the newcastle knights with punch drunk clowns like Harragon involved.

Tin Man 4.24

Juniors
I'd much rather have Paul Osborne in charge of our club than his predecessor. Newcastle took Smithy for a couple of years, perhaps you'd like to try Fitzy for a while as well.

MRJUCY

Juniors
Hill Song are pretty big in the Hills where a fair few of our players live so it's understandable some may give it ago but the team just like society is made up of a mixture of beliefs without any great weighting to one or another.
It's not a place I'd go personally but I don't care if some of the players or staff do as there is much worse things they could be doing but would hate to see the team officially aligned to any church etc & can't imagine they would in this day & age.
Wasn't PJ Marsh into Hill Song as well?

Snoochies

First Grade
I think your CEO is a big fat fool with an even bigger mouth. Its ironic that you have replaced a bloke that couldnt keep his mouth shut with a bloke that has an even bigger need for media attention.

Just an FYI elephant man.

Coming out in the press the day after Hayne got off and saying the eels would have been 'no chance' if he was suspended rates as one of the dumbest things i have ever heard come out of a CEO's mouth. Just quietly Paul, what do you think the players would have felt if Hayne rolled his ankle on thursday and was ruled out...Yea thats right you dont think do you. There is no need to see your head on TV 3 nights a week thanks.

Oh and Hillsong...makes perfect sense.

Everything ok mate?

I don't want any official affiliation with Hillsong. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that Osbourne is developing this exact thing, isn't he? Wasn't there an article about how he has brought Hillsongers into the Club in official capacities?

You see, the thing is, I have a pretty damned good understanding of the Pentacostal church. I know first hand what Hillsong and their ilk are like.

In no way should they have any affiliation with the Club (individual players have their own right to affiliate with whatever faith they want, however). I am most definitely unhappy with what appears to be happening. (If I am incorrect, however, then I will most definitely apologise).

Snoochies

First Grade
I don't want any official affiliation with Hillsong. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that Osbourne is developing this exact thing, isn't he? Wasn't there an article about how he has brought Hillsongers into the Club in official capacities?

You see, the thing is, I have a pretty damned good understanding of the Pentacostal church. I know first hand what Hillsong and their ilk are like.

In no way should they have any affiliation with the Club (individual players have their own right to affiliate with whatever faith they want, however). I am most definitely unhappy with what appears to be happening. (If I am incorrect, however, then I will most definitely apologise).

What if they are officially good at their proffession (accounting, marketing, reception, groundskeeping etc).

The P Eel

Juniors
I don't really care as long as the happy clappers do not become the half time entertainment and whilst they are there i suppose they are staying out of trouble.

Totally agree.

Especially regarding the rights of players to hold any individual beliefs and associations they chose to.

But to align the Football club with an organisation, who many view to be a business posing as a "religion" for the associated tax-breaks, is a very dangerous step indeed, which may alienate a lot of supporters.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm definitely no church goer but I would much rather them go to hillsong on a saturday or sunday night rather than hit the piss, or another woman for that matter.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm definitely no church goer but I would much rather them go to hillsong on a saturday or sunday night rather than hit the piss, or another woman for that matter.

But to align the Football club with an organisation, who many view to be a business posing as a "religion" for the associated tax-breaks, is a very dangerous step indeed, which may alienate a lot of supporters.

I don't necessarily see them as being a business posing as a religion. They are a legitimate religion, but one who ignores the true tenants of Christianity because they also lust after the sins of the world, most notably vanity and greed. I see them more as the modern day Pharisees.

Trust me, if Christ walked into Hillsong He'd be turning over tables quicker than you could hit the floor in worship.

What if they are officially good at their proffession (accounting, marketing, reception, groundskeeping etc).

If that is why they are brought in then there is absolutely no reason not to have them. To exclude people based on their religious beliefs/affiliat5ions is just as bad as including them for that reason.

However, if they are brought in because they are Hillsong, then that is another matter entirely.

fish eel

Immortal
So HJ, what capacity do you think they are in the club?

Has the club usually had a chaplin/pastor for counselling etc if a player needed it? If the answer to that is yes, and that is the role of what hillsong are now having, then as long as players have a choice, it doesnt bother me. I can never, ever remember reading that someone was concerned that the club had an anglican or catholic pastor, so a pentecostal pastor should be treated the same way. Given the number of our players known to go to hillsong, I could see the rational by having a hillsong chaplin......

chileman

Coach
:sarcasm: I wish Paul was our CEO....just quietly....heard him speak at te Wesley Centre, Pitt St just before your GR appearance....all he did was praise your players and club.....hardly what some of you have done here.....rather strange!