What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Para linked to hillsong?

barney gumble

Juniors
I've read through these posts and have a couple of points to make. To be up front, I am not, or never have been affiliated with Hillsong, never attended. However, I am a Christian.

Firstly, the concern about Paul Osborne appointing someone from Hillsong as a "welfare officer". It is my understanding that Hillsong Church is the biggest non-government provider of financial case management services to unemployed people in NSW.

So, I would expect that, being the biggest provider in NSW, that they know a thing or two about welfare. There seems to be a lot of press about Hillsong Emerge 'misusing' government funds. As someone who has worked in government-funded employment and welfare agencies, I can assure you they are NOT alone. It is endemic throughout the system, but as always, the press just loves to slam Christians.

Secondly, I am aware that Israel Folou was, at one stage, considering a move to Parramatta, and I believe that would have been forthcoming due to his relationship with Tim Mannah and Jarryd Hayne (who I believe both attend Hillsong).

If Folou had joined Parramatta, would everyone so critical about the welfare officer joining the club have been equally as scathing against Folau joining? I imagine not.

Thirdly, as a long-time fan of rugby league, I believe the greatest patch of player form I have ever witnessed as Jarryd Hayne's amazing efforts in 2009. I have never watched a player so dominate in all my times of watching league - even better than Wally Lewis IMO.

The fact that this amazing patch of form followed directly after Jarryd Hayne giving his live to Christ escapes most people. But, looking back now it all makes perfect sense. Jesus said he came to give us life and life more abundant, and to set us free from our sins. It's like being released from a life time of bondage - and Jarryd Hayne's form in 2009 was that of a man living like the gate was left open.

Mate, I'm an atheist, I'll declare that upfront and I find everything you've said here incomprehensible. Like the bloke you believe in though, this thread died and was reserected!

Dazzat

First Grade
Mate, I'm an atheist, I'll declare that upfront and I find everything you've said here incomprehensible. Like the bloke you believe in though, this thread died and was reserected!

I'll try writing slower for you.

And you are right about Jesus. You can go and visit the grave of Buddah. You can go and visit the grave of Elvis. You can go and visit the grave of Mohammed. But you can't visit the grave of the One by whom time is measured, cause it don't exist.

guruminga

Juniors
I could be wrong, but I thought Tim Mannah and his family are Baptists rather than Hillsongists, Hillsongers, or whatever the correct term would be.

G

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I could be wrong, but I thought Tim Mannah and his family are Baptists rather than Hillsongists, Hillsongers, or whatever the correct term would be.

G

Hillsong is very inclusive mate. Half the merkins there are agnostics looking for somewhere to belong.

barney gumble

Juniors

And you are right about Jesus. You can go and visit the grave of Buddah. You can go and visit the grave of Elvis. You can go and visit the grave of Mohammed. But you can't visit the grave of the One by whom time is measured, cause it don't exist.

Elvis isn't dead!!

Type slower, I still don't get it.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

The dinosaurs say hi.