What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra R 26 Now or Never.

View attachment 93342
and just to show how f**king stupid these merkins are, they decided to post this on their social media today…of all days…unbelievable!
At least they got the club correct, our ugly lot, they wouldn’t even have managed that.

We all know NRL clubs are generally managed using Kodak or Blockbuster video as corporate inspiration.

They all do their best to drive away as many potential memberships as they possibly can and people sign up in spite of them not because of them.

As day follow night.

Last edited:

justadragon

Bench
I am over wanting other team results to get into finals. If you cant do it on your own you dont deserve to be there. We were f$#king terrible and awful against a wooden spoon side missing 3 of its best players. We now have another unwanted record and to capitulate the way we have in the last 4 games is f%$king awful , and whats more no team representing the Dragons in finals AGAIN !!! The whole club needs to do something not just Flanno. How about we see the board and the players apologising to the fans.

Last edited:
T am over wanting other team results to get into finals. If you cant do it on your own you dont deserve to be there. We were f54king terrible and awful against a wooden spoon side missing 3 of its best players. We now have another unwanted record and to capitulate the way we have in the last 4 games is f%$king awful , and whats more no team representing the Dragons in finals AGAIN !!! The whole club needs to do something not just Flanno. How about we see the board and the players apologising to the fans.
Like young Dufty having to ring people up after co vid bbq gate?

I remember his press conferences and at end there he just began to sound like a poor man’s Mary, not that there was ever a rich man’s Mary.

Last edited:

Inisai Toga

Juniors
They are the dumbest football team in the league. I have no words
Agree! The continue narrative around fitness is off the mark imo. I honestly think the most important thing in the game and what we should be recruiting and developing is situation /game intelligence, particular in pressure situations. Top teams have this character - we don’t! This isn’t one player’s responsibility or the one coach it’s the whole squad!

Sure we won many games in tight situations and great improvement; but often when we’re not expected to win (Warriors, Panthers, Storm) we go well; vs expected to be up for (Dolphins, Manly Dogs Sharks and Eels)- weren’t really in any of these games from the get go.

Couldn’t give a damn how many points we scored yesterday; game was lost and the pressure was off.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
T am over wanting other team results to get into finals. If you cant do it on your own you dont deserve to be there. We were f$#king terrible and awful against a wooden spoon side missing 3 of its best players. We now have another unwanted record and to capitulate the way we have in the last 4 games is f%$king awful , and whats more no team representing the Dragons in finals AGAIN !!! The whole club needs to do something not just Flanno. How about we see the board and the players apologising to the fans.
Ask Benji, he seems to have the apology thing down pat :)

blacksafake

First Grade
Are you talking about the one in the first or second? set deep in our own half when Rav got in the way and dropped it?
If so yeah that was brain dead stuff. I was actually yelling at the TV why the hell are you spreading the ball wide deep in our own half so early in the game. Talk about stupid stuff and shows how complacent they were. No thought of ball security and just getting into the flow of the game.
The amount of literal schoolboy errors in the first 20 minutes was disgraceful.
I was

Gareth67

First Grade
I have noticed a few posts where members have mentioned that our fitness is not what it should be - well you are correct about that . However we need to remember that most of our ageing big men simply do not possess the same stamina as do the younger players - the frailty of the human body as it becomes older .

Hence the reason why more emphasis should be placed upon recruiting younger players and also ensuring that our graded youth awaiting promotion to the top grade do receive that opportunity sooner rather than later .

I am merely attempting to shed some light upon part of the reason why the Dragons were so thoroughly dismantled yesterday . Many other reasons of course , one of which seems the captain has no true traits that a true captain requires - no leadership qualities whatsoever .

But there’s always next week fellas , so let’s get behind our boys and hope that Flanagan has them in the right frame of mind so they can score a big win over the Raiders .

By the way - best ensure that you all cut your fingernails short before the game otherwise you may well have none by games end . 😳

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
I have noticed a few posts where members have mentioned that our fitness is not what it should be - well you are correct about that . However we need to remember that most of our ageing big men simply do not possess the same stamina as do the younger players - the frailty of the human body as it becomes older .

Hence the reason why more emphasis should be placed upon recruiting younger players and also ensuring that our graded youth awaiting promotion to the top grade do receive that opportunity sooner rather than later .

I am merely attempting to shed some light upon part of the reason why the Dragons were so thoroughly demoralised yesterday . Many other reasons of course , one of which seems the captain has no true traits that a captain requires - no leadership qualities whatsoever .

But there’s always next week fellas , so let’s get behind our boys and hope that Flanagan has them in the right frame of mind so they can score a big win over the Raiders .

By the way - best ensure that you all cut your fingernails short before the game otherwise you may well have none by games end . 😳
If the Knights beat the Titans today Gareth they will be playing the Dolphins next week and the winner will get the 8th spot. We will be playing the Raiders and the result will be insignificant as far as the semis go but significant to have a win to make us feel better for the off season. Haha!

Inisai Toga

Juniors

I am merely attempting to shed some light upon part of the reason why the Dragons were so thoroughly demoralised yesterday . Many other reasons of course , one of which seems the captain has no true traits that a captain requires - no leadership qualities whatsoever .

Yeh, but if we don’t make the mistakes we don’t use up as much petrol; and many of the young guys are contributing to the mistakes, particular in defensive reads.

justadragon

Bench
oh well looks like the Knights will actually take the opportunity presented to them, And as far as my feel good for the off season is, well that went yesterday, We well and truly f$#ked ourselves this year, couldnt care less about the raiders game and I hope we get pumped at home, would be the perfect end to the year. As you can tell I'm still fuming over that disgrace and debacle of yesterday.

Nutz

Bench

Gareth since players noggins are protected more than ever before the type of player we are producing through the system now are the 80min type. Players that would blow up the beep test.
I'm sure if you run your over every top teams you would agree.
Big players still need to produce big minutes. I agree that you still need a brute to use as an impact player but they must be effective.
The limited Interchange hasn't really made it a battle of attrition these days because players can play 80+ min.
If you team is struggling with fitness it is probably due to either too many old fashioned fwds or players returning from injury and don't have kms in their legs....if these aren't the case could it be the team isn't coached to share the workload eg backs helping with hit ups or players are just not doing their bit and others have to make up for this.....
Finally those unfit players may not have their hearts in it or are just duds.
It's these last two that clubs should get rid of imo.

It's not as bad as my tigers membership drive
View attachment 93345
B938E9A1-6657-4F89-9CC5-0C4AE1D709D8.jpeg
Fortunately spoonbowl is way bigger than the grand final this year.

It should be an annual event.

Last and second last sides play off for the spoon in the game before the grand final.

We could get gold members ticketed seats as part of our package @Nutz bro. Fight over spots because they’re too close to the game.

Last edited:

Latest posts