What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eel Eric Grothe Jr told to find new home

Bigfella

Coach
We've given him permission to talk to other clubs," Fitzgerald said. "Nothing's changed. If he can't find another club he's with us."

What a f'wit. It's not a matter of noone else wanting him.

The whole point of the article is that Grothe doesn't want to look anywhere else and wants to work and force his way back in. which as Gronk posted in another thread, can only be a good thing for the club.

Obviously DF thinks he can play head games with Eric and hopes to drive him out.

jayjayselmes

Juniors
Bigfella Tautai and T.Williams may havebeen poor in parts but not as bad as Grothe was early in the season. I am yet to see Tautai throw a pass closer to an opposition player then a team mate. While he isn't as quick, he runs hard, is making more meters than grothe was and is a better front on defender. He is playing in a position that he is not used to and he does have problems finishing, but may have turned the corner in that sence.

Tony Williams is not a winger but I would expect Etu, Wright and Iwi to be ahead of Grothe at this stage. Guys like Nasso, Gardner (plus the other u20 winger) have all shown promise. Time to let go of Grothe, who is a bigger waste of money than Cayless (who people love to complain about).

tautai? More metres than Grothe? hahahahahah funniest sh*t ive hear all year...

jayjayselmes

Juniors
f**k this "defensive issues" bullsh*t. Neither tautai nor Williams have the ability to defend any better than Grothe.

The problem is Hagan. It has been known for years that Grothe is a power runner and not a sprinter and as such has problems turning and chasing. So what does Hagan do? Makes him stand 20m in from the sideline, basically telling the opposition to kick behind him and be awarded a try.

Instead of ditching him because he has one deficiency, why not set our defensive line so that our deficiencies aren't easily exploited? Oh, I forgot, that takes someone with brains who can think without Andrew Johns.

Unfortunately, we're stuck with Hagan.

But wait, there's more. Hagan will not be here beyond next year, but Grothe has a contract that extends beyond that. So why is Hagan given the freedom to let go of players when he himself has no future here?

Everyone wants Anderson, right? Well, what if one of the first thing Anderson says is, "Gee, I wish Grothe hadn't have been let go. I could have covered for his slow turn quite easily and we'll really miss his power running and aggressive attitude."

Hagan, who is little more than a lame duck waiting to be picked up by the dogs, should have no right to make any decisions in relation to our roster.

well said..... do people think we will resign hagan??? after the current 3 years?

jayjayselmes

Juniors
why get rid of Tautai?

he has heaps of potential as showed during his last game.

the tigers were sh*t badly. Even i could have played a good game in that game.

come up against Manly or Melbourne and see how they go? Oh, thats right we did and they were horrific deferners concedding many tries.

How Grothe is second to Tautai, Reddy and Williams shocks me!!!!

muznik

Juniors
My tip......

Eels scrape into the finals however lose a winger to injury along the way.

No choice but to call up a rejuvenated EGJ who has an absolute blinder scoring a hat trick but more importantly stopping 2 x certain tries with his rock solid defence!

The sizzling form catapults the Eels into favorites to tackle the Storm in the GF....

Hey c'mon dreams are free !

caylo

Bench
tautai? More metres than Grothe? hahahahahah funniest sh*t ive hear all year...

Just for you jayjay

Tautai avgs
120m off 14.5 runs a match + 9.2 tackles for 1.4 miss and 0.5 inef tackles

Grothe avgs
99.4 meters off 11.3 runs + 4.4 tackles with 2.3 miss and 0.3 inef tackles

Grothe avgs 2007
120.5meter off 14.4 run + 3.6 tackles with 1.8 miss and 0.7 inef tackles
so even Eric in form makes just as many meters as Tautai

Also Tautai has made over 100meter in most games, with only 4 games not making 100 meters (twice he made over 95 meters, other two times made 70 and 71 meters). He is one of our most consistant meter eaters and is only behind Cayless and Mateo in most meters for our club this year.

Jay next time stop being so blind, is Tautai replacing Timmy place in your book?

yy_cheng

Coach
Wow, TT doesn't look like he makes that many metres but I would still like to play grothe as a wide running 2nd rower.

big boppa eel

Juniors
Just for you jayjay

Tautai avgs

Grothe avgs

Grothe avgs 2007

Also Tautai has made over 100meter in most games, with only 4 games not making 100 meters (twice he made over 95 meters, other two times made 70 and 71 meters). He is one of our most consistant meter eaters and is only behind Cayless and Mateo in most meters for our club this year.

Jay next time stop being so blind, is Tautai replacing Timmy place in your book?
Stil dont rate Tautai, weak under pressure and a liability.

jayjayselmes

Juniors
Just for you jayjay

Tautai avgs

Grothe avgs

Grothe avgs 2007

Tuatai has and extra 3 runs so i guess in avg Grothe makes more metres on avg.

Common Tuatai and Williams are sh*t and Inu's defence is not far behind no wonder we concede so many tries

When i ben smith back?

caylo

Bench
Tuatai has and extra 3 runs so i guess in avg Grothe makes more metres on avg.

Common Tuatai and Williams are sh*t and Inu's defence is not far behind no wonder we concede so many tries

When i ben smith back?

you just showed how stupid you are... they are avgs. Tautai makes more meters and tackles and makes less errors and less miss tackles. It is pretty obvious who wins this bout. My only critisim of Tautai is his lack of speed, and trouble finishing. I think he could become better than Grothe in a few years, but Grothe right now isn't worth 50K let alone 250K.

I would have Gardner, Iwi, Jono Wright, Etu all ahead of him. I have seen grothe cost us too many tries, against Manly he gave them a 10point headstart with plain stupidity.

With Hayne, Inu, Benny and Reddy in the backline, we have enough strike and I would still let him go for a few players upfront.