What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Holden Cup & Junior Reps Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forty20

First Grade
Sorry about the NYC stream fellas. My settings got mixed up at the start somehow and it all snowballed from there. Got it fixed up for the NSW Cup stream though. Will be ready to roll for next Saturday from the first game.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Anyone got any ideas on who the NYC players for us were? My guess is:

1. Layoun/Cerruto
2. Gammidge
3. Oloapu
4. Auckofolau
5. Manu
6. ???
7. Dargan
8. ???
9. Tonise/Seve
10. Amone/De Luis
11. Morris
12. ???
13. ???

Last edited:

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
From memory the opening side was
1. Cerruto
2. Kelepi Manu
3 . Dane Aukafolau
4. Gafa
5. Amanaki Manu
6. Matt Price
7. Dargan
8. Jamie Stowers/maybe Frank Salu
9. Tonise
10. Amone
11. Jack Morris
12. Craig or Tom Field
13. Tom or Craig Field (saw these two boys up close and there's only one difference I could spot and one of them had a "K" tattooed behind his right ear).

Then in the second quarter it was something like
1. ???
2. James Gammidge
3. Tui Oloapu
4. Gafa
5. Amanaki Manu
6. Dean Matterson
7. ???
10. **EDIT** Kurt De Luis
9. Nifo Sevi
20. Jarrod Thompkins
11. Jack Miller
12. ???
13. **EDIT** Jonathan Mose

Last edited:

Forty20

First Grade
Yeah he motored away after scooping up that loose ball. Just getting around to cutting the District Rep highlights now, will get onto the senior grades later as far as high quality replays go for you guys to watch.

Curleel

Juniors
Forty, you are seriously a legend. I do not think you realise how much the hard core eels tragics appreciate you keeping us in the loop with the lower grades. Awesome work with the youtube feed yesterday

greena

Juniors
The team lists posted a couple of days ago don't look much different to the team running around at the end of last season - crap.

Looks like the wooden spoon for sure this year.

Forty20

First Grade
One of the major contributing factors to our awful NYC season last year was our decision to appoint a part-time coach over the squad. We started massively behind the eight ball in both fitness and playing structures when Rd.1 rolled around and it just got worse from there. We also had zero consistency in the spine and it showed in just how poorly we executed, especially in the red zone. Troy Dargan and Michael Doolan will form a stable halves partnership and will finally be playing without a serious age handicap.

I don't think we have a stacked squad this year by any means but there are some good players peppered through it and we looked fairly well drilled in defence against the Knights on Saturday. Predicting the 20s is generally an exercise in futility but there isn't any reason why we should't be in the mix for the Top 8.

The team list that is hopefully revealed tomorrow should clarify our best 17 in this grade but I am expecting something a starting 13 that looks roughly like:

1. Bevan French
2. Kelepi Manu
3. Tyrell Fuimaono
4. Dane Auckafolau
5. Amanaki Manu
6. Michael Doolan
7. Troy Dargan
8. Alex Twal
9. Denzal Tonise
10. Jamie Stowers
11. Jack Morris
12. Craig Field
13. Tom Amone

Much like first-grade, the bench is where most of the contest spots lie. I expect one of Joey Tramontana or Nifo Seve to take the #14 (Matt Pryce is the other contender here) while guys like Frank Salu, Jarrod Thomkins, Jonathan Mose, Tom Field, Jack Miller etc will fight it out for the last 3 spots.

I think we have a reasonable starting pack. Twal is a proven junior rep forward while I liked the contributions of Tonise, Morris and Amone in 2015. There is a lack of a blockbusting runner though unless one of Salu or Thomkins step up to the late. As for out wide, I think French, Fuimaono and Auckafolau will give us all the strike we need.

I don't blame you for tempering expectations but I do think it is a wee bit premature to be hailing us as certainties for the wooden spoon.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The team lists posted a couple of days ago don't look much different to the team running around at the end of last season - crap.

Looks like the wooden spoon for sure this year.

Don't overlook the fact that these same players are now all a year older.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts