What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Holden Cup & Junior Reps Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haynzy

First Grade
4 weeks for concussion, is that because of his age or is he not improving in his recovery?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
More than likely age, don't want these kids to have recurring concussions being so young. He is only turning 17 this year and he's contracted until the year he turns 20 so there's plenty of time for him. But it would have been good to have him out there, he is a huge part of our middle defence; Cronin along with Curran and Afualo are the biggest hitters in our team.

Forty20

First Grade
4 weeks for concussion, is that because of his age or is he not improving in his recovery?

It was a sickening blow. Got stretchered off after a lengthy delay, it looked pretty dire at the time.

In regards to concussion management I wouldn't be surprised to see more clubs look to give their young talent a healthy break after a serious concussion. If I recall correctly, research filtering through from America and the NFL (where concussions and the associated condition, CTE are a massive issue) suggests that a significant portion of damage is actually done in high school - well before professional football. Given how invincible you feel as a kid though it makes sense as you play through pretty much anything.

Haynzy

First Grade
It was a sickening blow. Got stretchered off after a lengthy delay, it looked pretty dire at the time.

In regards to concussion management I wouldn't be surprised to see more clubs look to give their young talent a healthy break after a serious concussion. If I recall correctly, research filtering through from America and the NFL (where concussions and the associated condition, CTE are a massive issue) suggests that a significant portion of damage is actually done in high school - well before professional football. Given how invincible you feel as a kid though it makes sense as you play through pretty much anything.

Thanks mate,
Fair enough, I hope the kid is ok.

Forty20

First Grade
Auspicious start for the Eels today.

Harold Matthews hammered Wests 52-10 while in the SG Ball we are up 42-0 at half time.

Forty20

First Grade
Eels ran out 62-16 victors in the end. Got a bit sloppy in the second half but they were clearly boosted this week by the returns of Afualo, Seve and Utoikamanu.

Gronk

Staff member
http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2016/03/15/eels_nyc_teamlist_v_.html?camefrom=EMCL_1005256_39420830

The Dyldam Parramatta Eels Holden Cup side to take on the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs on Friday 18 March at ANZ Stadium has been named by Head Coach Luke Burt.

Burt has made two changes to his Holden Cup line up that suffered a 34-12 defeat to the North Queensland Cowboys last week.

Michael Doolan moves to fullback replacing Mason Cerruto, whilst Dean Matterson will make his club debut, named in the halves.

Holden Cup kick off is at 5:50pm, with NRL kick off at 8:05pm.

Dyldam Parramatta Eels Holden Cup

1. Michael Doolan
2. Atini Gafa
3. Tyrell Fuimaono
4. Dane Aukafolau
5. Jermaine Mati-Leifi
6. Dean Matterson
7. Troy Dargan
8. Alex Twal
9. Denzal Tonise (c)
10. Tom Amone
11. Jack Morris