What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Holden Cup & Junior Reps Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parra47

Juniors
Great first up effort. We've struggled in Holden Cup for years, (apart from 2014 I think). Hope the boys have a sensational year.

conway

Juniors
Good to get the result. While realizing that Penrith are the premiers in this grade and that we might not have been at full strength, we were VERY disappointing in that trial and so it is encouraging to be able to lift for the real thing. Hopefully we will continue to improve and be a real force in the competition.

Forty20

First Grade
Harold Matthews 42-0 victors over the North Sydney Bears. Full details over on TCT.

SG Ball will start shortly.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I just had a look at the draw. I'm quite certain our only televised NYC game prior to the final six rounds (draw not yet released) is against Canberra in round 6. That sucks.

Forty20

First Grade
SG Ball lost 26-25. Got jobbed by the referee as well.

I'm now at Ringrose for the Wenty game. Should be good.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Ref hammered us in the ball with a sin bin for holding on for half a second too long and then an offside penalty in the final minutes.

Our team was poor in execution and enthusiasm early on. Hopefully we have our players back soon as our middle will be much stronger.

Steve Dresler will play 18's origin for NSW if fit.

Forty20

First Grade
any wrap on the game ?

We played like arse in the first half. Credit to the Bears, they showed up today and played with a ton of heart.

Gave up an eighteen point lead at 24-6 and absolutely copped it up the rear end from an awful ref. Got no help in the ruck or onside markers for the Bears and got reamed on the flip side - including the game winning penalty.

Still, we gave it an almighty shake. Went from that 24-6 margin to 25-24 ahead.

Steve Dresler continues to impress up front, shaping up to be a great pick up. Johnny Fonua made an awful mistake that lead to the first try but he rallied and was huge in the second half. Benny Valu was also very strong in the second half.

Worth noting that we were missing a whole heap of players today.

By my count the following were out of action:

• Sean Keppie ? Wrist/Hand (~3 weeks)
  • Jesse Cronin ? Concussion (~4 weeks)
  • Junior Fainga ? Shoulder (season)
  • Tui Afualo ? ? (?)
  • Haze Dunster ? ? (?)
  • Alex Seve ? ? (?)
  • Filia Utoikamanu ? ? (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts