What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Holden Cup & Junior Reps Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been saying it for a few years now docker- clay has got nothing but wrong options. His best position would be hooker IMO as he's quick as his defence is half decent.

Davis has been a disappointment so far this season he looks so so slow. Twal and Muna were the only decent players in a very average team!!

Delboy

First Grade
This grade needs to go imo. What f**king dumb ass decided it would be a good idea to bring in a grade where they are not allowed to train more often?

The grade would be much better if they put more time into the players and they could learn how to play the game better.

The genius that is DF sold this concept , on the basis that reserve grade was expensive and you should make first grade by the age of 20. The clubs grabbed it as a way to save money

As expected his ideas have limited shelf life , NYC I
is not s good measure of ability to play NRL

Eelsman87

Juniors
The genius that is DF sold this concept , on the basis that reserve grade was expensive and you should make first grade by the age of 20. The clubs grabbed it as a way to save money

Spot on!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
These guys train more and with better resources and facilities than Wenty NSW Cup.

The difference is Wenty is usually full of NRL players on fulltime contracts, at least at this time of the year.

No excuses there is no one is this squad that has first grade potential at this point. Blokes like ZDC, Davis and Fuimoano have gone backwards from last year.

Plenty of dudes backing up from last year's awesome side, though obviously few (none?) of the stars.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I was one of ZDCs biggest sprookers but after three years of NYC he just isn't developing and I think he was actually a better player in his first year. He seems lost in attack now and I think it is because he has been coached to do what he is told and seems not to have the instinct.

Well said. DF thought it would be great but many years later its falling down.

IN THE KNOW

Juniors
the trouble is the NYC players think they have made it, and believe there own press. Spoke with ZDC previous coaches in lower grades and they have all said he was only a 9 as he did not have the temperament nor vision nor kicking game to play in the halves.

Stagger eel

Staff member
the trouble is the NYC players think they have made it, and believe there own press. Spoke with ZDC previous coaches in lower grades and they have all said he was only a 9 as he did not have the temperament nor vision nor kicking game to play in the halves.

I'm not one to blow my own trumpet but I've been saying that for a while, He'll be 14 at Ron Massey cup level soon and that will be his greatest achievement in the game unfortunately

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
So the New Zealand under 20's #7's greatest achievement will be that he's on the bench in the RMC?

His kicking game was pretty good last year when he had a genuine half alongside him. As much as I think Bevan is a fantastic player, and could potentially make first grade, I don't see him as a half. He's probably the best option we have for the halves outside of ZDC atm though. Given the recent form of the SG Ball team I wonder if we'll see any of those halves making the step-up later on in the year?

T.S Quint

Coach
So the New Zealand under 20's #7's greatest achievement will be that he's on the bench in the RMC?

His kicking game was pretty good last year when he had a genuine half alongside him. As much as I think Bevan is a fantastic player, and could potentially make first grade, I don't see him as a half. He's probably the best option we have for the halves outside of ZDC atm though. Given the recent form of the SG Ball team I wonder if we'll see any of those halves making the step-up later on in the year?

Is Troy Dargan one of those?

Kornstar

Coach
I know they'll make me look dumber than I already am but there is definitely much more aggression in defence today.

Also not sure how good a team Souths are either.

Status
Not open for further replies.