What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Holden Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You might as well say Brad Fittler was an Eels junior as he started playing at Ashcroft until he was 13. To be honest it is all semantics,if you played Matts at a club , then that ought to be the call re club junior

I prefer to look at where they made their first grade debut.

Chipmunk

Coach
If there's one thing that shits me it's the inappropriate use of a semicolon. Get your priorities right.

You are the Professor of English Language today Barry. One minute you're using fancy words like proclivity the next you're talking about inappropriate use of a semicolon. What next?

Chipmunk

Coach
I think the young Front Rower is probably one of the hardest positions to be able to determine whether a bloke is going to be able to play well at the NRL level as I think there is considerably more than just the physical elements of an individual when being able to determine whether a Front Rower is going to be any good. More than any other position in my opinion.

I think comparing an Under 20's Front Rower and how they are going to go in the NRL is like comparing a 3YO Filly in horse racing and wondering how they are going to go when they come up against horses of all ages and sexes. If they come out and mix it with and beat the boys and older horses then that is when you really know whether or not you have a class racehorse on your hands.

I think comparing an Under 20's Front Rower and how they are going to go in the NRL is like comparing a 3YO Filly in horse racing and wondering how they are going to go when they come up against horses of all ages and sexes. If they come out and mix it with and beat the boys and older horses then that is when you really know whether or not you have a class racehorse on your hands.

Fair analogy, but I guess the difference is that the worst thing that happens to the talented but unsuccessful (at SWFA) 3YoF is that she gets given a good seeing to by a stallion with a proclivity (just for you;-)) for rooting.

magpie4ever

First Grade
On a serious note, good luck to Kaysa and Pauli (and the other boys mentioned) hope they all make it.

But Parra's record of bring juniors through is terrible.

Forty20

First Grade
William Bugden and Luke Vescio move into the starting frontrow as Jordan Grant and Zach Dockar-Clay makes way for them as they shift to the bench.

Tepai Tepu-Smth holds his spot from the extended bench, I'm not sure who drops off.

Joseph Ualesi is the captain.

Forty20

First Grade
A good set of defence from Parramatta means that Cronulla kick it from their own side of halfway, the ball is taken on the full by Sam Maneluna (sp) and he is swarmed by a good kick chase.

Forty20

First Grade
Sam Maneluna takes another kick comfortably and off the back off his return, Makelim scampers from dummy half to make 15m.

I think it was Junior-Maula (or Ualesi) who shows some nice skills and soft hands with a short ball to nearly generate a break. From the next play Parra go wide to the right and break through, with the ball ending up in the hands of Diamond Charlie who scores under the black dot.

The conversion is nailed by Gorman.

Parra lead the Sharks 6-0

5m gone.

Forty20

First Grade
Good run from Ualesi on the fourth is followed by a great kick into the corner. The kick chase is on point on they trap the winger 1m out from his line.

Forty20

First Grade
Odd kick there from the Cronulla #6..maybe he was shaping for a 40/20 but it finds touch on the 30m line.

Forty20

First Grade
Another quality run from Ualesi and he backs it up with an excellent offload to nearly put Gorman away. The defence just pulls him down before he can go through and Parra complete a promising set with a poor bomb that carries too far is taken deep ingoals for a 20m restart.

Forty20

First Grade
Sam Maneluna (sp) takes another good catch, this time under considerable pressure. Parra actually have to work hard out of their half for the first time tonight and Daoud come up with a terrible kick that is unintentionally charged down by the defenders.

Makelim tries to salvage the situation and he leans up the ball in traffic and puts in a midfield grubber but he can't regather the ball and the Sharks have a great chance to equalise the game.

Parra defend well for the full set and watch the ball roll dead on the last with baited breaths.

They then earn a penalty that will see them on the attack 40m out.

Forty20

First Grade
A promising backline move comes unstuck at the last pass as Gorman can't hit Maneluna (sp) with a clean cut out pass and Maneluna is forced to retrieve the ball before it runs into touch.

On the next play, Gorman redeems himself with what was, at first, a poor grubber that is spilled by the Shark's fullback. Gorman chases his own kick hard and is on hand to pluck the loose ball out of the air to score next to the uprights.

Gorman converts his own try.

Parra lead Cronulla 12-0

15m gone

Forty20

First Grade
Ualesi gets his arms free again for another tidy offload to generate good momentum.

Vescio runs from dummy half (something of a rarity) but it is to terrific impact as he links up with #12 (Sean Jackson?) who goes through a weak attempt of a tackle and links up with Mark Daoud who has enough toe to crash over in the corner.

Gorman can't add the extras from the sideline.

Parra now lead Cronulla 16-0

18m gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.