What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Holden Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDM

First Grade
I wan't a partial refund on my season ticket, and for the free hospital ticket. ching ching.

Gronk

Staff member
I wan't a partial refund on my season ticket, and for the free hospital ticket. ching ching.

I think you meant cha-ching. Ching Ching is the chef at my local chinese restaurant.

istockphoto_6846863-chinese-cook.jpg

Stagger eel

Staff member
It's just frustrating that someone who has been involved in such failure is head hunted by the premiers or given a role at our club that is so crucial!!!!

Is more of a "job for the boys" type situation rather than being that good? I'm not expecting you to answer obviously but fmd i am baffled at what anyone would see in him, he has been here for so long, he is another constant of the failure imo!

Wayne Bennett cleaned out his entire coaching staff after 2005 and won the 2006 GF.......i wish we would clean the place out, obviously SK stays and Arthur but all the long term staff need to go!

Does Cameron have bad photo's of someone at both the Dragons and Parra????

jobs for thew boys????? are you kidding??? there's about 9 months of work history between Cammo and his boss and if anything, Cammo's role would of been in serious danger as he was originally employed by the Smith/Fitzy regime..no matter what you think of him you're still clutching at straws..

The mail i heard he lost out to Grima, Cammo might be better suited to HP director , he can come up with drills and strategies to develop a paticular player skill but has no idea on where the particular skill is related in a game situation.:shock:

funnily enough I heard differently but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter..yep, I think the role might suit him, after all he'd be more or less working with the coach's rather than players.

Kornstar

Coach
jobs for thew boys????? are you kidding??? there's about 9 months of work history between Cammo and his boss and if anything, Cammo's role would of been in serious danger as he was originally employed by the Smith/Fitzy regime..no matter what you think of him you're still clutching at straws..

Yep, that is right, there is no-one else at the club that has been there longer than 9 months!

He must be one of those guys that just says the right things, i see them all the time at work........gift of the gab, complete failure with a terrible history but somehow people think their shit don't stink........

His role would have been in danger if you bought into the whole "anyone related to the fitzy regime would be sacked" story, i didn't.......

Not clutching at straws though, i have seen him at the club in various positions and failed, that is fact! Plenty of talent, nil results.......if i had results like him at my job i would be out on my ass instead of earning a packet!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Yep, that is right, there is no-one else at the club that has been there longer than 9 months!!

I guess Rod Reddy, Gareth Holmes, Craig Catterick, Hayden Knowles et all..don't count??

stupid thing to say.

He must be one of those guys that just says the right things, i see them all the time at work........gift of the gab, complete failure with a terrible history but somehow people think their shit don't stink........

His role would have been in danger if you bought into the whole "anyone related to the fitzy regime would be sacked" story, i didn't.......!

well, he must be one of those blokes who says the right things but do you have proof of that?? I remember giving the bloke a spray to an ex colleague of his and he told me in no uncertain terms that he's an excellent operator, his words not mine...

Not clutching at straws though, i have seen him at the club in various positions and failed, that is fact! Plenty of talent, nil results.......if i had results like him at my job i would be out on my ass instead of earning a packet!

I could well be wrong here but I'm pretty sure he got us a reserve grade premiership in 96...

Parra09

Juniors
I can state for absolute fact that Camo didnt 'lose out' to Grima for the Dragons job at all. Met with the principals, had the offer.... said no.

Kornstar

Coach
Mate how would you know what he's like at his job?

Been watching the teams he has coached for quite some time and have seen him do very little, with a lot to work with!

jobs for thew boys????? are you kidding??? there's about 9 months of work history between Cammo and his boss.

I guess Rod Reddy, Gareth Holmes, Craig Catterick, Hayden Knowles et all..don't count??

stupid thing to say.

well, he must be one of those blokes who says the right things but do you have proof of that?? I remember giving the bloke a spray to an ex colleague of his and he told me in no uncertain terms that he's an excellent operator, his words not mine...

I could well be wrong here but I'm pretty sure he got us a reserve grade premiership in 96...

Um, you said he has only worked with SK for 9 months, alluding to the fact that it couldn't be jobs for the boys.......i was being sarcastic........

Excellent operator hasn't transferred to success unfortunately........

96 was 15 years ago......and i don't think we won that year......

Imo i don't see the fuss about him is all and "I" was hoping he would move on!

Captain BF

Juniors
NYC has been postponed and won't be played at ANZ tomorrow night. ANZ Stadium has had 83mm of rain in the past 48 hours and they are trying to ensure that the turf is not too cut up for NRL.

Source: 2MMM twitter
Does anyone know if this has been confirmed?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Been watching the teams he has coached for quite some time and have seen him do very little, with a lot to work with!

Um, you said he has only worked with SK for 9 months, alluding to the fact that it couldn't be jobs for the boys.......i was being sarcastic........

Excellent operator hasn't transferred to success unfortunately........

96 was 15 years ago......and i don't think we won that year......

Imo i don't see the fuss about him is all and "I" was hoping he would move on!

I actually meant 2006...my apologies!

I guess my over all point is that all though results don't show that he's done a great job I think their role is much broader than that as it mainly focus's on the players development and unlike the head coach can only work on the cattle he was given by Rocket Reddy and the junior develoment coach's.

I also haven't been happy with results and at the end of the day couldn't care less if he stayed or went but it's a bit simplistic to think that it all the responsabilities fell in his hands and if other people closer to the action think his capable for the job than who are we to argue??

Gronk

Staff member
Big day at Ringrose on Sunday ...

Bulldogs NYC game v Parramatta will be played on Sunday at 11.15am at Ringrose Park Wentworthville
From NRL Bulldogs twitter

Parra09

Juniors
............I guess my over all point is that all though results don't show that he's done a great job I think their role is much broader than that as it mainly focus's on the players development and unlike the head coach can only work on the cattle he was given by Rocket Reddy and the junior develoment coach's.....
That's probably the most intelligent post on the subject so far. The purpose of the NYC was to develop future NRL players. The NYC introduces them to playing in front of crowds, suffering the rigours of pre-game travel, television pressures, and all the things that they will have to endure if they make the main game. Parramatta set goals under Anderson that were about developing players with the intent of winning the NRL competition, unlike in previous years where it has been about winning the Club Championship.

Take into consideration also that none of the NYC players want to be playing NYC. They ALL have their sights set on the big game. Some make it, others dont. Thats what the NYC is about. Identifying, developing, and if necessary, cutting the players who wont get there.

We've introduced a number of NYC players to NRL this year, Loko and O'Hanlon to name 2. Of course, when the NYC coach loses one of his 'stars' to the the NRL squad, and that player is named but then doesnt get a run, you have to wonder :roll: Additionally, the majority of the NYC squad this year will back up next year, as its made up of a number of guys who played SGB last year.

As far as Camo is concerned, he is widely regarded as being extremely talented at developing young players. You only have to look at the current NRL roster (not only at Parra) and the players that have come up through his tutelage. Thats the job he was employed to do. He's had offers from other clubs over the past few years, including the one mentioned with the Dragons, and knocked them all back.

As much as RL is a 'competition', its not all about winning every game at every level every week....... believe it or not :shock:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts