What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Holden Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daren

Juniors
They were down 16 to 4 at halftime, great win considering the drizzle were well entrenched in the top 8

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah f**k the NRL side, I'm only following the under 20s from now on.

I wish they wore a different jersey; I'd go out and buy it.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Yeah f**k the NRL side, I'm only following the under 20s from now on.

I wish they wore a different jersey; I'd go out and buy it.

Next Monday night at Parramatta Stadium against the Rabbits, NRL should play first at 4.45pm and Toyota Cup should be the main game starting at 7.00pm.

That number 21 for the NYC I think it was Toupo, what outstanding young talent. Big strong fast. I'd give him a shot at go at first. Awesome athlete.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
That number 21 for the NYC I think it was Toupo, what outstanding young talent. Big strong fast. I'd give him a shot at go at first. Awesome athlete.

Yep, bring him and Ken Sio up next week and put them on the wing.
I'd even bring another player up to play in the centers with Morgan (when he's fit again).
Atkins, Hicks & Etu have to go.
We need more speed and power out wide.
Throughout the rest of the season we should be bleeding more juniors.

Suitman

Post Whore
Yep, bring him and Ken Sio up next week and put them on the wing.
I'd even bring another player up to play in the centers with Morgan (when he's fit again).
Atkins, Hicks & Etu have to go.
We need more speed and power out wide.
Throughout the rest of the season we should be bleeding more juniors.

Casper,

May I ask how much of our lower grades and juniors you actually watch, as you seem to know a shitload about them and are quite the expert?
I rarely get to see them play so refrain from commenting.
Ken Sio sounds f**king great, but I wouldn't even know what he looks like. Rather, I just keep an eye out for him when I can.

With 5 rounds to go the Eels are sitting precariously in 8th spot.

Two points adrift from the high-flying Roosters in 7th

And only 1-2 points separating us from three teams (Dragons, Knights and Broncos).

Roosters 25
Eels 23
Dragons 22
Broncos 21
Knights 21

So it looks like a fight between us and those four teams for the final two positions.

Just had a look at the draw for each and:

We have a really good draw - we play the 14th, 15th and 16th placed teams (Rabbitohs, Titans, and Sea Eagles) and the Roosters (7th) and Tigers (6th).

Roosters: play Manly (15th), Dragons (9th), Sharks (2nd), Eels (8th) and Storm (4th) - they are in real good form but play only one team that is out of contention of finals footy and two top four teams.

Dragons: play Tigers (6th), Roosters (7th), Storm (4th), Warriors, (1st) and Panthers (13th). Tough draw and could or should be out of contention by the Panthers game.

Broncos: play Warriors (1st), Cowboys (3rd), Knights (11th), Rabbitohs (14th), Sea Eagles (16th). Harder than our draw but easier than Dragons. Next two weeks are crucial for them. Came within a hairs breath of beating the Sharks this past week.

Knights: play Raiders (12th), Warriors (1st), Broncos (10th), Bulldogs (5th), Rabbitohs (14th). Similar to Broncos draw with probably the Broncos game being the key match.

We without doubt have the easiest run into the finals. All other four teams have to play the Warriors, whilst our hardest games are against the Roosters and Tigers. We beat both and we could have a nice little 6 game winning streak into finals.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Casper,

May I ask how much of our lower grades and juniors you actually watch, as you seem to know a shitload about them and are quite the expert?
I rarely get to see them play so refrain from commenting.
Ken Sio sounds f**king great, but I wouldn't even know what he looks like. Rather, I just keep an eye out for him when I can.

Not enough, have a few mates who regularly go to the games to fill me in.
A few games I watch each year.
Comments from forumites help as well.
Saw Sio play a few times last year and was impressed.
Haven't seen him play this year. He is as good as Loko.
I thought Sio would do better than Loko this year but injury stalled him. Sio was a busier player than Loko who often looked lazy or tired or disinterested.
Of the little I have seen of Ulugia & others this year Ulugia has impressed me.
When I go to games I go to watch Toyota Cup as well, take a strong interest in the juniors. Love watching them come through.
Spend a lot of time observing how they play, react, their attitudes etc.
Will tell you to shut up if you keep chatting while I am observing juniors.
Don't like being distracted.
Talk more in the NRL games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts