What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Holden Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

IN THE KNOW

Juniors
Not agreeing or disagreeing - just interested to know why you would like to see Ryan Morgan given a go in the back row
Nothing in particular , the point was why take a centre that is doing his job and put him in the back row,again look at morgans stata for saturday night and compare them to the other outside backs and you will see he does not contribute much in the game.And no Pricey hasnt spoke to the nyc team about passion. The reason they showed so much joy and celebration in scoring was that the last man in had to pay $5 .

bartman

Immortal
No you haven't.
Anyway, it's all on the internet now for others to see.
:lol:

So to paraphrase...
Bart: Gives credit to the 20s and Price if perhaps he was involved.
Suity: Do you KNOW Price was involved.
Bart: I said "perhaps" didn't I? In the post you didn't bother to read. (So obviously, no.)
Suity: You never answered my question! *Asks three more times, spits the dummy and has a sook about "others" being able to "see" something or other*
Bart: *shrugs* *laughs at the pedantry*

Don't let your petty vendettas clog up the U20s thread as well Suity. Anyone would think you didn't actually see the U20s game this week - and so have nothing useful to add to this thread?

Parra Pride

Referee

So to paraphrase...
Bart: I said "perhaps" didn't I? In the post you didn't bother to read. (So obviously, no.)
Suity: You never answered my question! *Asks three more times, spits the dummy and has a sook about "others" being able to "see" something or other*

Don't let your petty vendettas clog up the U20s thread as well Suity. Anyone would think you didn't actually see the U20s game this week - and so have nothing useful to add to this thread?

Parra Pride

Referee

So to paraphrase...

Hmm...

Ah yes, well there was passion there for the U20s that I hadn't seen this year, so good on him.

I don't see the word "perhaps" anywhere.

#JustSayin'

Sensai Cobra

Juniors
Along with the others that have been mentioned I thought no. 16 Sean Jackson looked good.

Haven't seen or heard of him before...anyone know much about him?

Suitman

Post Whore
Hmm...

I don't see the word "perhaps" anywhere.

#JustSayin'

I didn't either PP, and that post certainly suggests that Bart was congratulating Price for his input. In future, I'll have to remember to re-read Barts 35 900 posts to check for a get out clause for any of his arguments. Perhaps.
Anyway, In The Know has stated that Price had no input, so I'm glad I've heard it from someone who actually may know the facts rather than someone who was just trying again to talk the club down by any means.

Suity

bartman

Immortal
I didn't either PP, and that post certainly suggests that Bart was congratulating Price for his input. In future, I'll have to remember to re-read Barts 35 900 posts to check for a get out clause for any of his arguments. Perhaps.
Oh ffs, still carrying on 24 hours later. Put the toys back in the pram vendetta-man :lol:

Anyway, In The Know has stated that Price had no input, so I'm glad I've heard it from someone who actually may know the facts rather than someone who was just trying again to talk the club down by any means.
That $5 trick is a good motivator :lol:. But how was giving the team (and possible mentor) credit ever talking the club down in any way? :crazy: At least grumpyman's agenda "on the internet now for others to see":
bridle-with-blinkers.jpg

But in response to Sensai Cobra, I hadn't heard of #16 Sean Jackson either.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I was actually thinking, watching the 20s run in with gusto to congratulate each other after every try, that perhaps there was actually some Pricey-style pride and motivation behind that turnaround in form?

And then I wacthed first grade and the illusion was shattered... :(

I don't think your use of the word "perhaps" in this sentence works the way you would now like it to work. Especially considering the second paragraph - there you are suggesting that the Price style pride and motivation wasn't present.

So the inference is that Pricey has fired everyone up - and PERHAPS that was behind the turnaround in form for the U20s.
This point of view is confirmed a few posts later when you respond to the statement that Pricey is only working with the U20s (and you say "good on him").

Suity wants to have a dig at you, so he points out Price has only been around since Friday "do you actually KNOW if he's been involved?" and then you try and say "I said perhaps"

Obviously you guys are picking bones with each other, hope you're having fun? But the one thing that stands out in most of these arguments is your high horse bart!
Just get off it!

Couldn't you have just said "oh - I didn't realize - well they looked good"???

And let's remember, you made the original Pricey comment in relation to THIS post of Suity's anyway:
Suitman said:
Hasn't Chris Anderson and Ray Price made a difference!!

Suity

#DumbandDumber?

IN THE KNOW

Juniors
Along with the others that have been mentioned I thought no. 16 Sean Jackson looked good.

Haven't seen or heard of him before...anyone know much about him?

Sean Jackson was a memeber 2011 sg ball side has had 1 other nyc game off the bench as he did on saturday. has had a few injuries and has only just been rewarded for his hard work at training.Should maintain his spot for a while ahead.:)

Forty20

First Grade
Pirtek Parramatta Eels NYC coach Steve Speechley has retained the vast majority of his side that enjoyed a sensational win against the Newcastle Knights last Saturday.

The Round 18 clash against Manly will feature the debut of Diamond Charlie in the second row as well as Boyd Russell's first hitout of the season.

Jamil Hopoate also comes back into the side on the interchange bench.

Pirtek Parramatta Eels NYC v Manly Sea Eagles NYC
Sunday 8 July, kickoff 12.45pm

1 Corey Makelim
2 Semi Radrandra
3 Vai Toutai
4 Jon Pepa
5 James Tuitahi
6 Jason Wehbe
7 Zach Clay
8 Junior Paulo
9 Kaysa Pritchard
10 Matt Eisenhuth
11 Diamond Charlie
12 Joseph Ualesi
13 Frazer Masinamua
14 Robbie Kamoto
15 Sean Jackson
16 Jamil Hopoate
17 Boyd Russell

Clicky

Diamond Charlie, Boyd Russell and Jamil Hopoate in. Kelepi Tanginoa, Mitchell Brasington and Chad McGill out.

We are up against the NYC cellar dwellers in Manly so we should hopefully go back-to-back. One to keep an eye on for them is No.14, Blake Harrison who we have reportedly recruited along with his big brother Daniel.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Was wondering why we are recruiting a bench player from the NYC cellar dwellers, so I looked him up. Seems he was selected as starting prop for NSW U16s last year, so he's just a young'un

bartman

Immortal
Obviously you guys are picking bones with each other, hope you're having fun? But the one thing that stands out in most of these arguments is your high horse bart!
Just get off it!
Thanks for your late but insightful comments there OMC, Thaiday would be proud :lol:

What diod you think of the U20s game btw?

And let's remember, you made the original Pricey comment in relation to THIS post of Suity's anyway:
At least you've read the original comment, that said "perhaps". *sigh*

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Looks like that point in the argument where bart is too high and mighty to bother caring what anyone else says.

But I'm not worried. I know bartman will be back, out of his box and taking a keen interest in what other people say - especially if they don't back up their opinion with a link to a Telegraph article or other reputable online source.

Until then he's above it all. He probably won't even read this post.

bartman

Immortal
Looks like that point in the argument where bart is too high and mighty to bother caring what anyone else says.
How about that U20s game PouPou, try and stay on topic with your contributions.

I never started the "argument", so obviously I don't care for it... especially when I never made the claims certain people days later want to keep trying to pin on me. *sigh*

I'd call the whole response to an innocent comment about Price trolling of a fellow eels fan, and be happy for mods to clear the whole vendetta out of this U20s thread over to the The Swamp, starting from Suity's post #1535.

eels81236

Bench
How about that U20s game PouPou, try and stay on topic with your contributions.

I never started the "argument", so obviously I don't care for it... especially when I never made the claims certain people days later want to keep trying to pin on me. *sigh*

I'd call the whole response to an innocent comment about Price trolling of a fellow eels fan, and be happy for mods to clear the whole vendetta out of this U20s thread over to the The Swamp, starting from Suity's post #1535.

I took the liberty of highlighting the off topic parts of your post that followed your opening sentence. Just let it go mate. You continue to bite time and again.
You can teach a rat not to eat the electrified cheese. I reckon that would be less frustrating.

Last edited:

oldmancraigy

Coach
Thanks for your late but insightful comments there OMC, Thaiday would be proud :lol:

What diod you think of the U20s game btw?

At least you've read the original comment, that said "perhaps". *sigh*

Hey man I was just enjoying the humour of it all!!

(you do tend to often ride a high horse though - it used to irritate me to the max, but I've learned to live with it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts