What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Holden Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

keitel

Juniors
Thanks Forty 20. It gives an old guy stuck at home on a Saturday night with the witch something to look forward to.

Forty20

First Grade
So my post match thoughts on our stand out players (in no particular order).

The Best:

1) Joseph Ualesi - A fair bit of praise has been lavished on him in the past few weeks but he continues to impress. Tonight he started on fire with some devastating carries backed up with a couple of superb offloads. As the game went on he shifted from the middle to the left where he proved integral in a sweeping movement that put the game beyond doubt. Perhaps the best compliment I can give him is that he earned the begrudging respect of the one-eyed Cronulla supporters around me.

2) Corey Makelim - Rock solid at the back tonight. Cronulla continually tested both him and Sam Manuleleua under the high ball but they came up trumps just about every time...something of a rarity from any Back 3 contingent in our club. Elsewhere he linked up nicely with Ualesi down the left in the second half to cause Cronulla constant headaches and like any good fullback, kept sniffing around the ruck looking for any crumbs that might lead to something better.

3) Sam Manuleleua - I touched on him above but he was excellent under the high ball and busted his arse retrieving the ball from the in goals back into the field of play on multiple occasions. Down the other end of the field he troubled the scorers twice in a nice all-round performance.

Honourable Mentions:

Luke Vescio and Zach Dockar-Clay - Both were sharp out of dummy half, which is particularly nice to see from Vescio who I have criticised in the past for not running enough. Vescio created a try from one of his darts while Clay scored one in a nifty solo effort.

Diamond Charlie - He has copped some flack based on earlier efforts in this season but I think he has improved over the last month. Tonight he good around the ruck, putting in some big hits and popping a few quality offloads. With the best of our NYC forward pack currently spread across the NSW Cup or the injury ward he has stepped up to fill the breach.

All good mate, i think we all got our hopes foolishly up.

The dumb thing is.....I predicted exactly this outcome earlier in the week. When someone quoted the Sharks at 1.12 I suggested backing the Eels then backing the sharkies at half time. Don't know why I was surprised........

oldmancraigy

Coach
+1

If the useless merkins don't lock themselves in a cupboard before the game then they have exceeded my expectations...

Does it count if they lock their team mates in the cupboard?

There's a reason Ben Smith wasn't sitting on the sidelines watching. I saw in the background of the 'locker cam' pre-game that Terepo and Mannah were pushing him in the cupboard, and locking him in.

Ryan Morgan was pretending not to notice, but he kept watching out of the corner of his eye, and giggling like a schoolgirl.

Gronk

Staff member
NSW Under 18 team announcement
NSWRL Media

17/06/2013 2:00:00 PM

The following players have been selected to represent the NSW Under 18’s v QLD Under 18’s at Suncorp Stadium on Wednesday, June 26, prior to Game Two of the Holden State of Origin series.
Team list below in alphabetical order
PLAYER - Junior Representative Club
Euan Aitken - St George Illawarra Dragons
Rhys Armstrong - Wests Tigers
Jack Bird - St George Illawarra Dragons
Oliver Clark - Penrith Panthers
Zach Dockar Clay - Parramatta Eels
Tyrell Fuiamono - Parramatta Eels
Jackson Hastings - St George Illawarra Dragons
Drew Hutchinson - St George Illawarra Dragons
Alex Johnston - South Sydney Rabbitohs
Sione Mata'utia - Newcastle Knights
Willis Meehan - Sydney Roosters
Taane Milne - Sydney Roosters
Tepai Moeroa - Parramatta Eels
Michael Morgan - Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
Tevita Pangai - Canberra Raiders
Fosio Tatola - Wests Tigers
Dallin Watene Zelezniak - Penrith Panthers
Cheyne Whitelaw - South Sydney Rabbitohs
COACH - Todd Payten (Wests Tigers)

http://www.nswrl.com.au/?s=article-display&id=77287&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Four of our current NYC squad are 18 this year:

Dockar-Clay
Harrison
Moeroa
Tepu-Smith

I'm still waiting for Stags or somebody related to members of the board to tell us how long these guys are contracted for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts