What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

hindy111

Post Whore
GL i do not see as a first grade option.
Impressed me -
Stone and the prop Keppie. The big mobile blonde kid.

Bazal

Post Whore
Anyway leaving the sooks to whinge about a minor age group losing in the other thread...

GL needs a big off season if he's going to play first grade next season. Defensively he was lazy at times...actually a few times he was lazy in general. Needs to work on being in the game when he's not in the game of you know what I mean. Definitely a first grader with some work on his application

Stone is a gun. He hits so hard and has a great attitude

I said it in the other thread but I rate Layoun. Seems to have a complete game and he runs the ball back hard.

Faingaa, Keppie also impressive. Brown is clearly too young but he has a lot of class about him. Clifford a bit unsung, he works his ring off in defence. Mahoney was quiet but still good

I like Tonise but he'll never be a first grader IMO. Just not built for it

Gazzamatta

Coach
Tonise was great. Best on field in the first half. Could develop into a strong NRL number 9. I think his build is an advantage over most 9s. Yes I know he played mostly at prop but he definitely did some work from dummy half. Im not prepared to write him off.

eel01s

Bench
Typical last minute heartache for the Eels. I thought Stone and Keppie were fantastic and future first graders. Brown, Mahoney and Tonise are talents and could make it.

GL is incredibly hard to tackle. As others have said, he now needs to focus on his defensive reads and techniques.

Pazza

First Grade
Liked the look of Keppie.

Big frame with thick legs but plenty of room to grow.

Good technique in defence.

Bazal

Post Whore
Tonise was great. Best on field in the first half. Could develop into a strong NRL number 9. I think his build is an advantage over most 9s. Yes I know he played mostly at prop but he definitely did some work from dummy half. Im not prepared to write him off.

Problem is his build makes it hard to play fast out of acting half, which is why Mahoney has been starting at hooker and Tonise at prop.

He's just too bulky to be a quality hooker and too short to be a quality prop IMO