What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

Glenneel

Bench
Anyway leaving the sooks to whinge about a minor age group losing in the other thread...

GL needs a big off season if he's going to play first grade next season. Defensively he was lazy at times...actually a few times he was lazy in general. Needs to work on being in the game when he's not in the game of you know what I mean. Definitely a first grader with some work on his application

Stone is a gun. He hits so hard and has a great attitude

I said it in the other thread but I rate Layoun. Seems to have a complete game and he runs the ball back hard.

Faingaa, Keppie also impressive. Brown is clearly too young but he has a lot of class about him. Clifford a bit unsung, he works his ring off in defence. Mahoney was quiet but still good

I like Tonise but he'll never be a first grader IMO. Just not built for it
GL may be good in attack but his defence sucks big time, and didn't turn and complete for ball when kicked thru for Manly try. With him competing for try it may not have been scored. Sorry not fg material for me.
Agree Stone, Faingaa and Keppie were impressive, Brown going to be very good halfback. Unfortunately most of the other backs didn't impress me.
Liked what Tonise did on the field, well built for a hooker and scored great try with determination. Why wouldn't he make fg Basal?

Bazal

Post Whore
Because he's too slow.

Mostly. He's not built for it like I said. 173cm is OK for a hooker....problem is Tonise is built like a chest freezer and far too short for prop. Eventually I'd say he may move to lock, even though the roles are very similar I think you can get away with a short stocky lock moreso than prop and I don't see him as a hooker moving forward

He might the kind of player that sits in a NSW cup side and plays a handful of first grade games through injury or whatever but he's unlikely to be a regular IMO because of his build

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Merkins still need a baseline of speed and lateral movement in defence. Since hookers lack size in the middle they need to be extra quick, agile and hard-working in defence. It's needed in attack too for support play.

We just don't need the kind of hooker whose strength is his running game. Because if you're paying for it you need to use it, and if you use it you're taking early ball away from your halves.

hindy111

Post Whore
Like I said Noel Aka looks promising. A lot of others seemed just strong for age for group.
GL dissapointed big time.Exposed all over park.
Keppie looked best of group as far as future first frader. Perfect build,hits hard, good leg drive and lateral movement good.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Smell my Faaaainger looked the most promising forward for mine.

The backs didn’t stand up and cost us the game.

84 Baby

Referee
Tonise should play union. He's built more like a union hooker and in Australia he doesn't even need to know how to scrimmage

Last edited:

84 Baby

Referee
And the way Wallabies are going at the moment he doesn't even need to know how to throw a lineout

strider

Post Whore
He's a shoe in for the aussie cricket team - doesn't need to know how to score runs

ohhh it goes on and on and on and ...

84 Baby

Referee
Is he good at looser excuses? If so he should stay cause he’ll fit in. If not, he should stay so he can learn some

Incorrect

Coach
Just found out my youngest fella is mates with Denzal Tonise's younger brother, they live like 3 doors down from us...

Egging imminent.....

Last edited:

84 Baby

Referee
Just found out my youngest fella is mates with Denzal Tonise's you get brother, they live like 3 doors down from us...

Egging imminent.....
Give Ram the address. He’s going to ask Denzal what his excuse is and then why he has an excuse