What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

Sam Hughues played in this years Harold Matthews cup team. Came to Parramatta as a centre/Back rower & ended up playing in the middle lock/prop/ Sam is a big kid for 16yo 6'3 - 92kg can tackle & is fast.. Originally come from Cronulla. Had an outstanding 2017 season, Played Nsw u16s Origin. One to keep an eye out for in the coming years

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Sam Hughues played in this years Harold Matthews cup team. Came to Parramatta as a centre/Back rower & ended up playing in the middle lock/prop/ Sam is a big kid for 16yo 6'3 - 92kg can tackle & is fast.. Originally come from Cronulla. Had an outstanding 2017 season, Played Nsw u16s Origin. One to keep an eye out for in the coming years
Oh

hindy111

Post Whore
It's good to see that we've decided on the future potential of our NYC players based on their GF performance. I look forward to the howls of protest if a bloke like GL moves on turns into a superstar in 2-3 years time with a bit of life and game experience.

GL will have a lot to overcome to make it. And i feel a lot of his strengths wont weigh up in first grade like they do in under 20s.
I like Keppie the forward. He impressed me and had good size and mobility. There look to be a few in that side who will play first grade though. Question is will they be in spots where we need them.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
By the time they're ready we could need any of them. Besides Kane Evans we don't have anyone contracted beyond 2019. Most of our current NYC squad won't be older than 21 by then. The current 18 year olds (e.g. Afualo, Kaufusi) turn 20 in 2019. Dylan Brown will be 19.

So in 2020, where we currently only have one contracted player, these blokes will be turning this old:

23: Daukafolau, Leleisiuao, Stone
22: Keppie, Mahoney, Faingaa
21: Afualo, Naukafolau, Fonua, Kaufusi
20: Brown

Plus our current champion SG Ball squad will be no older than 21. I believe Schneider will turn 20.

Very few of these will demand selection, even by 2020. But there's plenty of time for the club to make the call on them, and plenty of space in the squad (and under the cap) for blokes to keep Kane Evans company.

hindy111

Post Whore
By the time they're ready we could need any of them. Besides Kane Evans we don't have anyone contracted beyond 2019. Most of our current NYC squad won't be older than 21 by then. The current 18 year olds (e.g. Afualo, Kaufusi) turn 20 in 2019. Dylan Brown will be 19.

So in 2020, where we currently only have one contracted player, these blokes will be turning this old:

23: Daukafolau, Leleisiuao, Stone
22: Keppie, Mahoney, Faingaa
21: Afualo, Naukafolau, Fonua, Kaufusi
20: Brown

Plus our current champion SG Ball squad will be no older than 21. I believe Schneider will turn 20.

Very few of these will demand selection, even by 2020. But there's plenty of time for the club to make the call on them, and plenty of space in the squad (and under the cap) for blokes to keep Kane Evans company.

I would be looking at extending Moses during this year. We do not need the distractions in 2019 will he or wont he stay.
Unsure with Norman. See how he plays this season.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I doubt Moses would extend so far out from end of contract unless it was for big overs. Let's get some value out of the rest of his contract before worrying about post-2019. We are in a premiership window now. Let's not ruin it by paying blokes more than we have to.

hindy111

Post Whore
I doubt Moses would extend so far out from end of contract unless it was for big overs. Let's get some value out of the rest of his contract before worrying about post-2019. We are in a premiership window now. Let's not ruin it by paying blokes more than we have to.

Keep Moses around and I reckon we will be in a premiership window for 10 yrs...

hindy111

Post Whore
Well the Tigers certainly thought so. But no player is indispensable.

Good halves are hard too find.
If we can keep a spine together for 5 yrs we can shoot put of the cannon early in season while other teams work on combos.
Im hoping with Bevan/Gutherson plus Moses and Norman we are set.
If young Mahoney works out I reckon we could be strong for years.

Forwards are easier to chop and change in a system.