What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

Gronk

Staff member
Ethan Sanders, Charlie Guymer, Blaize Talagi, Sam Tuivati picked in Blues squad

Jeez I guess Brad is going to cop it for picking his son, right ?

crickets GIF

JokerEel

Coach
Reading the last line I thought Nathan Brown was going back to Dragons but it seems he is still involved with our pathway.

Gronk

Staff member
Can’t keep them all, you are going to lose a few good young players to a desperate struggling club like the Panthers………
Or it could be the case that you don't keep em all. Whilst from what I saw, Taateo was OK, but it seems we signed two in the last month for 2024 top 30 positions ahead of him. We also have young Larry etc coming through.

BTW I wouldn't mind our NSW Cup website updated FFS.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Or it could be the case that you don't keep em all. Whilst from what I saw, Taateo was OK, but it seems we signed two in the last month for 2024 top 30 positions ahead of him. We also have young Larry etc coming through.

BTW I wouldn't mind our NSW Cup website updated FFS.

This is a very small signing in the grand scheme of things though. Mooney, Tohi, Martin, Gabreal have all been signed by other clubs recently. And these ones haven't "slipped through the cracks" as they like to trot out. 2 of those players were captains of our junior rep squads and 1 was easily our best outside back last year in Harold Matts. We've identified these kids from our own district and in the case of Martin we identified him from an external district and then we don't have them signed up until they're at least 21?

This is why I cannot accept the rhetoric that our junior development is poor. We identify them, develop them but don't have them signed up? How can our on-field footballing department do their job properly when our off-field footballing department are failing them so consistently?

We've shown we're willing to push kids into a higher grade to further their development if we believe they are capable. Not signing Taateo isn't the problem but it's a small example of the larger problem at hand

hineyrulz

Post Whore
This is a very small signing in the grand scheme of things though. Mooney, Tohi, Martin, Gabreal have all been signed by other clubs recently. And these ones haven't "slipped through the cracks" as they like to trot out. 2 of those players were captains of our junior rep squads and 1 was easily our best outside back last year in Harold Matts. We've identified these kids from our own district and in the case of Martin we identified him from an external district and then we don't have them signed up until they're at least 21?

This is why I cannot accept the rhetoric that our junior development is poor. We identify them, develop them but don't have them signed up? How can our on-field footballing department do their job properly when our off-field footballing department are failing them so consistently?

We've shown we're willing to push kids into a higher grade to further their development if we believe they are capable. Not signing Taateo isn't the problem but it's a small example of the larger problem at hand
Why is that you reckon OA??? Penny pinching???

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Are these guys really that good? How many of our junior reps been poached and gone on to success elsewhere? I feel like Curran has been the best of the recent bunch and he wouldn’t have made our starting side these past few years.

We were gutted at losing Mooney, Kei, Dargan, Doorey and Travis f**king Turnbull, but what have they done? Twal and Aloiai have turned out okay but wouldn’t make a difference in our pack. Utoikamanu might turn out well but he wasn’t poached from junior reps, he had already played first grade.