What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

hindy111

Post Whore
What made N.Brown such an expert on juniors and how poorly is our set up that we needed him to review it? I mean what's his resume like.
If say we bought Phil Gould in I would understand. N.Brown but is he experienced in all this and able to work out where we are going wrong?
Let's hope it isn't a case of he is clueless and won't stop the boys in jobs keeping them so why he was chosen.. By getting an independent view it keeps the public happy. And we happily carry on.

Seems odd. I assumed he was going to be in charge for however long and set up pathways etc.

Chipmunk

Coach
We should of brought in Gus after he left the Riff or Brian Smith ages ago. Whatever you believe about Gus he did an amazing job setting up the Riffs pathways. And Smiths record at setting up junior systems are second to none.
Gus would never come to Parra. He is from the Parramatta junior district and I'd say he has a grudge against the club that goes back almost 50 years when he wasn't given a go by the club as a player.

SneakyEel

Juniors
It’s paywalled, but the same paper says he signed a 4 year deal (last year?) and he’s a centre. Younger brother of Ethan. He’s already an AU rep. Has been with us since Harrold Matts. Played Ball in 2022.

View attachment 67749
It's good to see a promising junior coming through the ranks. I always wondered what happened to his brother he got granted a release and no other club picked him up as far as I'm aware. Does anyone know what happened to Ethan?

Gronk

Staff member
It's good to see a promising junior coming through the ranks. I always wondered what happened to his brother he got granted a release and no other club picked him up as far as I'm aware. Does anyone know what happened to Ethan?
😬😬😬😬😬😬

On 24 May 2020, Parry was released by the Parramatta Eels due to a variety of incidents - Turning up to Pre Season Training on Illegal Substances, Breaching Covid 19 NRL instructions, Drunk on various occasions and was officially released when he was charged with a number of Domestic Violence charges with Ex Partner of 5 years. Parry was arrested March 21 2020.

Parry pleaded guilty May 2022 to these charges which he was sentenced to 22 months behind bars. Parry was offered a plea which was 4 Common Assault, 3 Intimidation, 2 Malicious Damage, 2 Assault, 2 Grievous Bodily Harm, 1 Chocking and 1 Breach AVO which was considered “light” with what he done to the victim.

Last edited:

SneakyEel

Juniors
😬😬😬😬😬😬

On 24 May 2020, Parry was released by the Parramatta Eels due to a variety of incidents - Turning up to Pre Season Training on Illegal Substances, Breaching Covid 19 NRL instructions, Drunk on various occasions and was officially released when he was charged with a number of Domestic Violence charges with Ex Partner of 5 years. Parry was arrested March 21 2020.

Parry pleaded guilty May 2022 to these charges which he was sentenced to 22 months behind bars. Parry was offered a plea which was 4 Common Assault, 3 Intimidation, 2 Malicious Damage, 2 Assault, 2 Grievous Bodily Harm, 1 Chocking and 1 Breach AVO which was considered “light” with what he done to the victim.
f**k I had no idea. So he's a jail bird now I had no idea some pretty serious charges there

King-Gutho94

Coach
😬😬😬😬😬😬

Someone on Wikipedia has written that with an axe to grind.

And there is no current factual evidence of this I suggest taking it down.

There is nothing online to suggest Ethan has done anything wrong. Or court case I can find to suggest he has been charged by police.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Parry was offered a plea which was 4 Common Assault, 3 Intimidation, 2 Malicious Damage, 2 Assault, 2 Grievous Bodily Harm, 1 Chocking and 1 Breach AVO which was considered “light” with what he done to the victim.
He done chocking to the victim and this is the best court reporter they could find? Do better.

Gronk

Staff member
Someone on Wikipedia has written that with an axe to grind.

And there is no current factual evidence of this I suggest taking it down.

There is nothing online to suggest Ethan has done anything wrong. Or court case I can find to suggest he has been charged by police.
That might or might not be true. What is factual is that the wiki page has been subject to regular revision over the years by many merkins including Cody.parry1. So I have flagged my post above with a spoiler citing potential inaccuracies.