What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Meeting tonight

did anyone go my friend went but i couldnt get much out of him did any of u go can u tell me wat they said but i did get one thing out of him that parramatta stadium will be runed by telstra stadium next year

Hellsy

Immortal
MITS will have gone and I'm sure he will give us all a run down when he is next online

Hurriflatch

Referee
I'm guessing what is meant is that Parra stadium will be sold to the people who control Telstra Stadium.

Who currently owns Parra Stadium

Is it the council or the leagues club??

Hellsy

Immortal
The board have had troubles with the Stadium trust for awhile now, this doesn't surprise me at all

Hellsy

Immortal
I think it is moreso that we may be looking at having someone come in and run it, not own it.

But it is all speculation till someone who was there can actually come in and tell us what was spoken about

V1er

Juniors
So if its true will parra stadium get a sponsour as its name, hope its not the crazy johns stadium

Angry_eel

First Grade
Hellsy said:
Listen to what was said.....

Nowhere does it say "MOVING TO"
yes i know it sounded weird to me. one stadium being run by another stadium. Since i couldn't grasp what was happening from that i assumed we were moving or something. Sorry Hells. :(:crazy::crazy:

Hellsy

Immortal
It is no different to a company running another company.
Don't apologise, just don't panic

eelaholic

First Grade
I thought something was up at the football office when we drove past it tonight. I thought it was odd that it was all lit up. Now it all makes sense

HayneHindi

Juniors
If they are going to rename the stadium, lets name it the Nathan Hindmarsh stadium. There is already a Hindmarsh stadium in Adelaide so we have to use both of his names.

Hellsy

Immortal
eelaholic said:
I thought something was up at the football office when we drove past it tonight. I thought it was odd that it was all lit up. Now it all makes sense
The meeting they are talking about is the Supporters Club Meeting.
MITS told me last week it was on and Ovo spoke about it on Sat nite.
It is usually held in the Leagues Club though so maybe someone was working late finding new signings for us at the Footy Office

Sorry Guys, I wasn't there. You would have to look into the night sky to figure out why.

Some of the Fact's I do know.

Ovo and Denis are on the board of the trust.

Both approved a $100,000 upgrade to the medical facilities at the Stadium

The NSW government believe that having Ovo and Denis on the Trust and spending money when Parramatta is the only occupant, is a conflict of interest.

Ovo has also been dealing with a new replacement for the GM of the Stadium, and last I spoke with him they were looking at hiring someone, interveiws were completed.

Also the Supporters club wants to see Railings put on all the stairs at the stadium to allow "Girls with High heals" and "People like us (Read over 65) who have mobility problems" not to fall down or twist an ankle when walking up or down the stairs.

Maybe the GM at Telstra has been hired as the GM at the Stadium.

I guess I will have to try and find out.