What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels ready for a wave of success

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I always suspected DA had no say in recruitment. Now Osbournes involvement is confirmed for all the doubters.
Good that we now have a much improved setup. Just shows how bad it was under 3P.

BennyBoy

Juniors
Time for posturing and talking is over, we'll get all the real answers we need over the next few weeks.

Delboy

First Grade
Agree with Jake, don't believe in DA! Hope to be proved wrong, but if he can work on what BA and Nolan request, then it may take some of the workload of them..

I have heard that he is not on most player managers Xmas list, it will be a very interesting next. 6 months as we see what he can conjure up in his role

Would have much preferred Brian Smith hi the role, but guess he would have wanted a say in coaching as well, when u look at how BS turned rosters around, would have a great strategic position for him and the Eels

Avenger

Immortal
Pathetic!! I've go no trust in DA. Hope he has not got the last say in recruitment. We might sign up Carl Webb again.

Are you serious bro? Have you read that article properly? He was back stabbed constantly and undermined. How is he supposed to operate in those circumstances? Blame Osborne, not him my friend.

"Anderson’s return represents an intriguing about-face. Clearly, not everyone at the club thought he was the issue. Now he gets another chance to repay their faith and perhaps restore his in the blue and golds."

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Long time lurker, first time poster.

Has it been said that this year is a building/re-building year yet? Or are we saving that for a few weeks?

In the hope of gaining acceptance into this elite club, you are all merkins!

'Acceptance' is a bit strong a word.

hindy111

Post Whore
I thought Andersons strong point was his coaching.Do you think he will share some ideas with BA?

Delboy

First Grade
I thought Andersons strong point was his coaching.Do you think he will share some ideas with BA?

I think we all know that BA is a strong character, not sure he needs any input from DA. If I was DA , I would try to succeed in the job description that I was given as it is a very important role.

To be honesty, I think he was limited as a coach, keep him away from the NRL

Maroubra Eel

Coach

Agree. I'm sure he will. He was never going to do well in '09 and '10 with the lack of support he had.
He is a proven coach with results that speak for themself.

Are you serious bro? Have you read that article properly? He was back stabbed constantly and undermined. How is he supposed to operate in those circumstances? Blame Osborne, not him my friend.

"Anderson?s return represents an intriguing about-face. Clearly, not everyone at the club thought he was the issue. Now he gets another chance to repay their faith and perhaps restore his in the blue and golds."

We shall see, he was responsible for letting go of Mateo and signing up Hicks, Webb and Co. He was in charge and hired those hacks. What was he thinking?? As long as he doesn't interfere with whom Arthur's wants to retain and sign then I'm happy. He's job is stfu and do as told.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We shall see, he was responsible for letting go of Mateo and signing up Hicks, Webb and Co. He was in charge and hired those hacks. What was he thinking?? As long as he doesn't interfere with whom Arthur's wants to retain and sign then I'm happy. He's job is stfu and do as told.

You can't always hire the players you want. There is a salary cap, there are more attractive clubs, and players - your own and others - aren't necessarily off contract when you want them to be.

phantom eel

First Grade
And you might have had a now ex-CEO telling you as coach you can't recruit until the CEO has secured the signature of Inglis, Cronk, or Quade Cooper...

Latest posts