What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels sign North Queensland Cowboys prop Carl Webb

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
By Josh Massoud and James Phelps
Source: The Daily Telegraph

PARRAMATTA have notched a second recruitment victory over Newcastle in a week, this time winning the race to sign former Test prop Carl Webb.

Sport Confidential can reveal Webb will join the Eels on a two-year contract next season after agreeing to terms last night.
The 29-year-old stopped off in Sydney last weekend to meet officials from both Parramatta and Newcastle. Both clubs offered him similar terms, but Webb was drawn towards Parramatta's history and status as one of the NRL's best-supported clubs.
It's also understood Webb - a former champion amateur boxer who made his pro debut in January - was a fan of the Eels' pugilistic connections to Danny Green and Vic Darchinyan.
The Eels' coup comes less than a week after the club defied Newcastle's interest in boom second-rower Justin Horo, who has committed for another three seasons.
And don't be surprised if Reni Maitua also elects to resume his career in the same colours as Webb. Maitua visited Parramatta's gym and offices yesterday morning and is expected to make a call between the Eels, Storm and Tigers by the end of this week

caylo

Bench
if he comes good our prop rotation will be just as dynamic as this year if not more. Webb is one of the best offloading forwards in the game at his best and can genuinly break tackles. Get him fit and he can be just as good as Fui IMO. Fui and Poore, followed by Mannah and Webb, that is agression followed by pure agression.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
if he comes good our prop rotation will be just as dynamic as this year if not more. Webb is one of the best offloading forwards in the game at his best and can genuinly break tackles. Get him fit and he can be just as good as Fui IMO. Fui and Poore, followed by Mannah and Webb, that is agression followed by pure agression.

Yes i agree, lets hope Knowles gets him fit and raring to go!

slammingsam

Juniors
He should have retired. He is one of the worst and most over rated players i have seen. He never does anything good..misses tackles..dropped balls..dumb penalties. He adds nothing in attack or defence. I hate the fact he is labelled an enforcer..puhleaseee !

natheel

Coach
lets hope he gets fit and proves us wrong, hindy had good wraps on him in an article last week, so lets see what happens

adamkungl

Immortal
He should have retired. He is one of the worst and most over rated players i have seen. He never does anything good..misses tackles..dropped balls..dumb penalties. He adds nothing in attack or defence. I hate the fact he is labelled an enforcer..puhleaseee !

bingo....woeful player

Eels Dude

Coach

Exactly. He was a good player... a few years ago. These days he makes 5 runs a match and 10 tackles. It's disgraceful for a first grade footballer really. It's all well and good to say "if we get him fit he'll be a great", but fact is it's his attitude that lets him down. Unless the guy changes his own attitutude he'll remain reserve grade standard.

parra_jesus

Juniors
i was hoping we did not sign webb. but we have so i will give him the benefit of the doubt at this point. lets hope with all our boxing sessions we do , we can give him extra motivation to get fit. we are short on props so lets hope he can provide some impact off the bench.

Hindyscrack

Bench
Overweight, Over-rated

Unless he was signed on an incentive deal, I'm far from happy... Why sign this plonker when we have two Origin props and Kiwi front rowers? Surely there is better way to invest our coin.

cv8z

Juniors
I thought WTF when bennett got weyman.
He got him a bit leaner and fitter
Fingers x'd

Eelvis

Juniors
I thought WTF when bennett got weyman.
He got him a bit leaner and fitter
Fingers x'd
Weyman had the potential at canberra it was their for all to see , bennetts signing of him was totally understandable webbs on the other hand