What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels sign North Queensland Cowboys prop Carl Webb

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Oh sugar....I thought i heard some commentator probably last year refer to him as a QLD'er...Anyway as much as i hate those qlders come origin time...i am glad we got a QLDer in our side, think we need more TBH.

You probably heard someone call him a filthy, disgusting, inbred, piece of scum and naturally got confused.

He's not as bad as a Queenslander, he's just a ranga.

Juniors
Sometimes players just need a change of scenary...i think Webb will go alright.

hindy111

Post Whore
If parra signed him for around 150K well its probably worth a gamble.
Guys like oake are on close to that money.Gaulavo went to manly for that 2 yrs older.If he can can fit again it would be a good buy.Carl webb on his day can be devastating.And as someone else said a change of clubs can do wonders.
Welcome aboard Carl and hope you reach your potential

parra pete

Referee
He got a Q shaved into his head, and has done nothing since.

Hopefully Hayden can work his magic...

origin12606_narrowweb__300x402,0.jpg

A Q......I thought that was a ringworm!!!!...

parra pete

Referee
If he's coming cheap, is good for 40mins honest work a match in the front row off the bench, then he fills a gap that we needed filling.

Front Row: Mannah, Poore, Moimoi, Webb
Back Row: Hindy, Smith, Shack, Horo, Lasalo
Hookers: M Keating, Mitchell

That's pretty much a minimum for what you need for a first grade squad. Without Webb it would look a lot worse.

Not too fussed whether Matiua comes or not - unless he can play in the halves...

Don't forget Quade Cooper..IMO we have his signature ALREADY...

Gazzamatta

Coach
Fingers crossed he regains his best form because at his best he can be devistating.
My concern is that the club is counting in getting him fit and getting his attitude right. These are the very same problems that the club had with some of its players (Mateo) this year yet with Webb it will be different.
As I said. Fingers crossed.

strider

Post Whore
A Q......I thought that was a ringworm!!!!...

deadset - when i saw it when the game was played, I thought it looked like the shape of a house ..... and i thought he had some promo going with aussie homeloans or something :lol:

I hope DA knows what he's doing. Because Webb has been crap over the last 3 years.

Pressure is on DA big time especially because he has "full" control of recruitment.

I hope Webb proves me wrong. Silly penalties and his fitness must improve 1000000%

cgee221

Juniors
Carl can prove a shrewd investment if he gets into top shape. You can't deny that a change in scenary does something to a player and hopefully Carl will feel those same effects.....at the end of the day it all comes down to Carl....if he wants to get into shape and be a damaging front-rower then he will be, if he doesn't, then he won't...it comes down to the individual. As for Hayden, he's one of the best in the business.

Carl Webb at $150,000 a year. That's close to the average wage of an first grader. Considering he's played State of Origin and Test football, over 150 first grade games, we've got a bargain (provided he comes good). If he doesn't come good then we've got an average first grader who has been paid accordingly.

cgee221

Juniors
A Further indication that Quade has already signed if on the side of Carl Webb's head. They are great mates....Carl has a Q on his head, and Cooper a "Spider Web" tattoo on his elbow.

We've entered the twilight zone now Pete *ques music*

I'm happy enough if we sign any name, past their best or not, at the moment.

Not strange for long serving clubmen to find a second lease on footy life when they go to a new environment.

If so the Fui-Webb combo will be lethal.

Pazza

First Grade
8.Poore 108kg
10.Fui 108kg

15.Mannah 107kg (wil grow in the offseason)
16.Webb 111kg

biggest front row we have had in a long time! much better than the midgets we use to play such as Cordoba and Oake!

cgee221

Juniors
8.Poore 108kg
10.Fui 108kg

15.Mannah 107kg (wil grow in the offseason)
16.Webb 111kg

biggest front row we have had in a long time! much better than the midgets we use to play such as Cordoba and Oake!

Not to mention a pretty big backrow as well.

11. Hindmarsh 100kg
12. Smith 102kg
13. Shackleton 106kg

and Horo who is 98kg himself.

I'm honestly of the opinion Shackleton will be our 13 next year and we'll play a 3 Front-Rowers type rotation with Hindmarsh to return to the left edge for part of the game and moving back to the middle when Horo comes on.

Imagine Fui taking a hit up, followed by Poore, followed by Shackleton, followed by Ben Smith taking the ball up. Then switch that up with Mannah, then Carl Webb then Horo then Ben Smith.... or vice versa. I think we'll be in better stead next season for go forward then what we were this year. Either way I think the worries about Mitchell's size and defence in the defensive line will be put to rest by surrounding him with all these big boppas to help him out. Not to mention he will be bigger next season as well. He'll be right.

Now all we need is a half to take advantage of it and we're sweet.

Latest posts