What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels sign North Queensland Cowboys prop Carl Webb

Gronk

Staff member
1251502325_here%20comes%20the%20fat%20kid.jpg

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Seriously I can't beleive the negative posts about signing Webb, I think it is a great signing;

- He came cheap most likely around $150,000 for aplayer with Origin experience
- He is only going to be our 4th prop, so we would only need 30 to 35 minutes from him
- on his day iws very very good.
- On attitude, look at how the cowboys have performed for the last 2-3 years crap, the club has problems
- Now on form, remember Mason was crap last year now he is playing well. Remeber Joe Galavano played crap for souths but brillant for us. Remember Kingston stuck in reverse grade for sharks first grade grade for us and penrith. Weyman crap for raiders, origin player for Dragons. There are many examples of players that need a change of clubs to regain form
- On attitude, one thig anderson does have is he doesn't take crappy attitudes. I am sure Webb will be flogged in the offseason
- also on the cap maybe as we have so much cash for next year withouth anyone to sign , we may have front loaded his contract

Remember he IS OUR FOURTH PROP, image him taking a running after fui or mannah. He can also play second rower

I am posttive about this signing !!!!! adds some good depth to the game.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
That's a positive. At least we have finally signed a first grader, even if it's Webb.

Now hopefully this is the start and we can make some real signings soon.

Snoochies

First Grade
Looks like he is looking forward to training under Hayden. A fit and fiery Carl Webb could be devestating.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
rather John Mannah than the blob

I guess we could use him as a tackling dummy for the boys at training.

boxhead

First Grade
I agree with Joshuatheeel.
This signing will only do good; he is 4th prop, he can be replaced if he doesn't do well, thus meaning he will likely try to do his best.
A two year-deal though?
At least we will have him for a while; he isn't a former international prop for nothing, at his best, he is a very destructive prop and will give us a new dimension in attack; not only that, he will replace Cayless as our primary offloading prop.

We are favourite to win Reni Maitua's signature now.....that can only be good.
I think we will start announcing a bunch of signings soon.....

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with Joshuatheeel.
This signing will only do good; he is 4th prop, he can be replaced if he doesn't do well, thus meaning he will likely try to do his best.
A two year-deal though?
At least we will have him for a while; he isn't a former international prop for nothing, at his best, he is a very destructive prop and will give us a new dimension in attack; not only that, he will replace Cayless as our primary offloading prop.

We are favourite to win Reni Maitua's signature now.....that can only be good.
I think we will start announcing a bunch of signings soon.....

therein lies the problem, he is way past his best

he's a speed bump at best and was only ion the Maroons team because of his thug value

he'll spend more time suspended than Tahu will spend injured

planeteels

Juniors
WOW..

I'm not overly impressed, but not overly upset either. The potential is there for Webb to have some kind of renaissance period at parra, lets just hope it happens.

As for the likely signing of Matiua.. well, I bet Geoff Bellew is sitting in his inner city Law offices and rubbing his hands together like Mr Burns off the simpsons, with Webb and Matiua on our books, there will be alot of Judiciary work for him.

Joely01

Bench
wow alot of people are hard to please in this place.
Finally a signing with first grade experiance and we still have people complaining.
Im very excited to see how Webb goes and think he will be back to his best with the training staff and coach we have on board.
Now bring on Matiua

Noname36

First Grade
PARRAMATTA have notched a second recruitment victory over Newcastle in a week, this time winning the race to sign former Test prop Carl Webb.

Funny headline. Something tells me that Newcastle will survive. :sarcasm:

Gronk

Staff member
wow alot of people are hard to please in this place.
Finally a signing with first grade experience and we still have people complaining.
Im very excited to see how Webb goes and think he will be back to his best with the training staff and coach we have on board.
Now bring on Matiua

Yes if you want to look at the positives, we've signed a very experienced prop:-

6ft
108 kgs

176 FG games
15 SoO games
1 Test

39 Tries

Better still, we don't need to feed him angry pills.

Over to you Carl. :pray:

Parra Guru

Coach
He got a Q shaved into his head, and has done nothing since.

Hopefully Hayden can work his magic...

origin12606_narrowweb__300x402,0.jpg

bartman

Immortal
If he's coming cheap, is good for 40mins honest work a match in the front row off the bench, then he fills a gap that we needed filling.

Front Row: Mannah, Poore, Moimoi, Webb
Back Row: Hindy, Smith, Shack, Horo, Lasalo
Hookers: M Keating, Mitchell

That's pretty much a minimum for what you need for a first grade squad. Without Webb it would look a lot worse.

Not too fussed whether Matiua comes or not - unless he can play in the halves...

strider

Post Whore
don't think anyone can conclusively say its bad or good .... tbh it could go either way

we expect hayden to whip him into shape .... yet our current team has looked kinda unfit at times this year - whether thats "physical unfit" or "attitude driven unfit" I don't know??? .... but hopefully webb can cop a heap of bad press about how he's washed up and somehow channel that to motivation to prove people wrong :thumn

Juniors
Finally a Qld forward apart from the shack.....Always said we needed that QLD grunt in our pack....As much as i hate to say it...

Latest posts