What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels v St George Illawarra NRL season opener NOT moved to ANZ Stadium

fish eel

Immortal
he may of been quoted as saying that he's expressed an interest and desire to move the game, but according the clubs website it was business as usual and he made it clear through the media that an announcement either way would of been made today..2 days after Rothfields scoop!

it didn't drag on fish

I didnt say it did. Just saying you cant say the club didnt say anything because there was nothing on the website until this arvo when the CEO was quoted in both major metro newspapers yesterday talking up the move.

while he made it clear there were discussions, he also made his desire to move the match clear. Just saying he talked it up a bit to much and jumped the gun. But in the scheme of things, no biggie. Got us in the papers without referring to Iceland ;-)

born an eel

Bench
ozzie was on the radio yesterday morning @ 7am talking it up but apparently he has listened to members and fans to keep it at parra

Stagger eel

Staff member
I didnt say it did. Just saying you cant say the club didnt say anything because there was nothing on the website until this arvo when the CEO was quoted in both major metro newspapers yesterday talking up the move.

while he made it clear there were discussions, he also made his desire to move the match clear. Just saying he talked it up a bit to much and jumped the gun. But in the scheme of things, no biggie. Got us in the papers without referring to Iceland ;-)

it could of been a publicity disaster if it dragged into next week, but all it appeared to have done is assure a sell out at home.

I guess timing is everything and he timed it to perfection, there's also a little part of me that suggests that Ossie has been taking the piss to promote the game and probably in a round about kinda of way, did a fitzy without the bad wrap! ;-)

the match will sell out it's just a matter of when...

lucablight

First Grade
Osborne clearly wasn't listening to fans from leagueunlimited.com, who scolded the decision.

"20,000 capacity just doesn't cut it in this day and age. I can see why some people would be upset about Ossie moving the game but I just thought it was great a initiative to earn some money for Parra and maybe even win over a few new fans," Hineyrulz wrote on the website. "So [the Stadium Trust] get most of their revenue from us [the fans] but they find a way to screw the club ... and 20,000 people from watching the game?"

Hey guys you're famous! At least we now have confirmation that the media keeps track of what we have to say on this site.

source: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ramatta-backflip/story-e6frexnr-1225834886135

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'd like hineyrulez and fisheel to personaly autograph the piece and we can auction it off where we can send the procedes going to the "send Parra Pete to a nursing home foundation"..headed ofcourse by snoopy Collins

fish eel

Immortal
I'd like hineyrulez and fisheel to personaly autograph the piece and we can auction it off where we can send the procedes going to the "send Parra Pete to a nursing home foundation"..headed ofcourse by snoopy Collins

More to the point:

Steve Gee. We know you're reading this, but it's really poor to start sentences with words like 'and' and 'but'. However, I'll leave the writing lesson up to Hollywood Jesus.

You also state fans flooded 'forums', but only cited one forum.

Where are the other forums? I'd like to read them. Time for you to man up and post.....

bartman

Immortal
we would not be talking about this if Rothfield hadn't revealed it to us at about lunch time on Wednesday, the club had not made a public statement about it until about 4pm this afternoon, the facts appear that Ossie investigated the move and was in discussion with our board, the trust and ANZ stadium, with general public tickets going on sale this Monday, a decision needed to made very quickly and it has with the end re3sult being a a sh*tload of publicity with a certain sell out sign t be displayed outside all 4 sides of the stadium..

I don't understand how he handled this badly..
That's a very good point.

Obviously I'm happy with the decision not to switch the game at the last minute from the balance of home ground games that was advertised to STHs/Members.

And, apart from the daily news stories serving to get some fans emotional about the possibilities of (and opposition to) shifting our big games to ANZ, what it has done is get the publicity to ensure that we have a sellout at Parra Stadium in Round One, a good spectacle in atmosphere and on TV, with increased demand for more Memberships or for tickets to our other games if people find it hard to get into this one.

To me, having frequent and regular sell outs of your home ground comes first, as a necessary step in making the case for funding any ground expansions, and before considering moving more of your games away from your own home territory.

Good decision (in the end) by all involved. :thumn:

fish eel

Immortal
That's a very good point.

Obviously I'm happy with the decision not to switch the game at the last minute from the balance of home ground games that was advertised to STHs/Members.

And, apart from the daily news stories serving to get some fans emotional about the possibilities of (and opposition to) shifting our big games to ANZ, what it has done is get the publicity to ensure that we have a sellout at Parra Stadium in Round One, a good spectacle in atmosphere and on TV, with increased demand for more Memberships or for tickets to our other games if people find it hard to get into this one.

To me, having frequent and regular sell outs of your home ground comes first, as a necessary step in making the case for funding any ground expansions, and before considering moving more of your games away from your own home territory.

Good decision (in the end) by all involved. :thumn:

Not good enough to get in the torygraph :cool:

bartman

Immortal
Different circumstances yes but I'll still by my season ticket and not act the brat because it isn't going my way.
Your choice if you'll always unconditionally give money annually to the club, without making known any conditions under which that would change...

Actually I'm not critical of the difference of opinion, more the taking batt and ball and heading home approach that you displayed.

Pedestal? :lol: Pontificate? :lol:

F**k that is ironic coming from you.

A great move by the club..... happy that people will now be able to keep their season tickets.
For some reason you seemed to have reacted to and read a hell of a lot into certain posts on this issue that was simply not there?

And so given your approach to others in this thread, I'm sure it's no surprise that you've now got this one coming back at you...

6a00d8341c94c853ef01116855aea2970c-800wi

fish eel

Immortal
That may also be Steve Gee's face when he realises what quoting me does to his journalistic integrity.

bartman

Immortal
Not good enough to get in the torygraph :cool:
Yeah, just catching up on all that. It's a very strange newspaper... not sure whether to put it down to opportunistic editorial policy or simply the lack of any editorial policy?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'm famous!!! This is all pie in the sky stuff :crazy:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
was a disaster of a mistake - no wonder nice person ball is making inroads.

Fancy that, we're playing a big game infront of 19000 people instead of potentially 50,000 - and the fans are happy.

Disgusting decision.