What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels v St George Illawarra NRL season opener NOT moved to ANZ Stadium

nöyd

Staff member
Lucky I bought a season ticket, not gonna miss out on a seat at the game. As for those who dont have a season ticket and cant get a seat.................

simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

wont matter anyway, after 3 or so straight losses, crowd will drop to 13000 again, only to be bumped back up to 20000 when we're in the middle of our obligatory finals run that starts in round 16

that old 'wagon just keeps on keeping on

Gronk

Staff member
Pleased that Ozzie took my advice. Anytime you need an ear to chew on mate ....

Slick

Juniors
Just tried to buy tickets with the "best available" option and could only get bay 71. Bay 71 is pretty much half facing the in goal area half behind the in goal. Those are pretty bad seats. Would that mean most of the eastern grand stand is sold already? Or do they sell most of the bottom first?

Would of got tickets days ago but I waited didn't I...

Kornstar

Coach
The Parramatta Stadium Trust are obviously the biggest d*ckheads to ever walk the earth, DF sits on that, right?!!

I love Parramatta Stadium and all but the fact that it costs us so much to play there is pathetic! We are the f*cking PARRAMATTA EELS!!!!!! We use the stadium more than anyone, why do they f*ck us up the a$$?????????

They haven't done anything good to the place in a LONG time, the last thing of significance they did was to rob about 5000 people of an awesome hill and instead they post signage there so people at the north end can't see the score board, f*cking morons!!!!!!

I am very happy for the game to be at PS but the fact that they are not flexible is a joke considering the fact that they are screwing us royal, yet we are the only viable income for them!

D*ckheads!!!!!!!!!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The Parramatta Stadium Trust are obviously the biggest d*ckheads to ever walk the earth, DF sits on that, right?!!

I love Parramatta Stadium and all but the fact that it costs us so much to play there is pathetic! We are the f*cking PARRAMATTA EELS!!!!!! We use the stadium more than anyone, why do they f*ck us up the a$$?????????

They haven't done anything good to the place in a LONG time, the last thing of significance they did was to rob about 5000 people of an awesome hill and instead they post signage there so people at the north end can't see the score board, f*cking morons!!!!!!

I am very happy for the game to be at PS but the fact that they are not flexible is a joke considering the fact that they are screwing us royal, yet we are the only viable income for them!

D*ckheads!!!!!!!!!
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Parra Steve

Juniors
Well hopefully when it comes time to sign a new deal with the trust it's an improvement on the current deal

D*ckheads!!!!!!!!!
im tired of being held to ransom by these turds ozzie should tell the stadium trust to go f**k themselves and move the eels to anz stadium fulltime the nrl will have to shuffle the draw around a bit to avoid bulldogs homegames but after a few months of tumbleweeds rolling around the stands at parra stadium i'd bet they would be begging us to come back at a quarter of the price they are stinging us for now

parra pete

Referee
What was the home ground average for the past five years? Did it exceed the ground capacity to justify spending on refurbishment. If i remember correctly averaged out at about 12-13,000. Plenty of room.....
What's the old saying......"Everyone wants to go to heaven, but no one wants to die."
If you need to spend money from the Public Purse, you need to be able to justify it.
Pack the place out every home game, and then money being spent would be probably become available..
Get all fans who came and watched the final series to come along to the home games. Finding 25,000 in a City as big as Parramatta shouldn't be too hard. AND that is not taking in fans from places like Dural, Greystanes, Granville and adjoining areas...plus opposition fans!!
I am wondering how Fitzy became the bogey man once again? Isn't Alan Overton Chairman of the Stadium trust? (Just asking, because I don't know)..

Last edited:

born an eel

Bench
why would the government invest money into the stadium now as we have signalled our intention to abandon parra stadium. those fans who miss out on the 1st round will be able to come along to the round 2 game against manly. If we have sellouts for more than a couple of games this year we should then consider what is appropriate for us. Any change in venues should be announced prior to selling any seats, so people can make up their minds if it suits them

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Does anyone know when the deal is up with the trust? MITS? Someone told me that we initially signed a rediculously long deal with them back in the 80's, like a 50 year deal or something.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
why would the government invest money into the stadium now as we have signalled our intention to abandon parra stadium. those fans who miss out on the 1st round will be able to come along to the round 2 game against manly. If we have sellouts for more than a couple of games this year we should then consider what is appropriate for us. Any change in venues should be announced prior to selling any seats, so people can make up their minds if it suits them

Well, with the way the clubs are improving their membership drives, we very well could have sellouts every week in about 10 years. Then we would need a bigger stadium, but thatwould require thinking ahead, something the NSW has never really been good at.

parra pete

Referee
Just found out Craig Gallagher is the Chairman, not Alan Overton, Al is still on the board doing everything that is good for the Stadium Trust - just the opposite to Fitzy who delights in being a thorn in the side. Funny thing is their voting power is exactly the same, but somehow when things are bad it's Fitzy fault, when they go according to plan it is Al who deserves the pat on the back. Fair enough too...

born an eel

Bench
Just tried to buy tickets with the "best available" option and could only get bay 71. Bay 71 is pretty much half facing the in goal area half behind the in goal. Those are pretty bad seats. Would that mean most of the eastern grand stand is sold already? Or do they sell most of the bottom first?

Would of got tickets days ago but I waited didn't I...
the pre-sale tickets on included the terraces while allowing the stands and western terrace to be held for potential STH.

All remaining seats including stands go on sale march 1. I would be getting in early.

Stagger eel

Staff member
we would not be talking about this if Rothfield hadn't revealed it to us at about lunch time on Wednesday, the club had not made a public statement about it until about 4pm this afternoon, the facts appear that Ossie investigated the move and was in discussion with our board, the trust and ANZ stadium, with general public tickets going on sale this Monday, a decision needed to made very quickly and it has with the end re3sult being a a sh*tload of publicity with a certain sell out sign t be displayed outside all 4 sides of the stadium..

I don't understand how he handled this badly..

fish eel

Immortal
we would not be talking about this if Rothfield hadn't revealed it to us at about lunch time on Wednesday, the club had not made a public statement about it until about 4pm this afternoon, the facts appear that Ossie investigated the move and was in discussion with our board, the trust and ANZ stadium, with general public tickets going on sale this Monday, a decision needed to made very quickly and it has with the end re3sult being a a sh*tload of publicity with a certain sell out sign t be displayed outside all 4 sides of the stadium..

I don't understand how he handled this badly..

I thought Ossie was quoted in the tele talking up, how he wanted it, how he felt he had to move it after bagging the saints and about how it would be great for the game to move it?

He probably over reached IMO. edit: but it's no biggie compared to some statements made by the former CEO. I'm sure next time if this comes up again he'll be a bit more circumspect.

Last edited:

Voodoo Rock

Juniors
Give it five years and we will be spilt 50 - 50 between ANZ and Parra anyways, marquee matchups go to ANZ and fillers go to Parra, it will happen just a matter of when

Stagger eel

Staff member
I thought Ossie was quoted in the tele talking up, how he wanted it, how he felt he had to move it after bagging the saints and about how it would be great for the game to move it?

He probably over reached IMO.

he may of been quoted as saying that he's expressed an interest and desire to move the game, but according the clubs website it was business as usual and he made it clear through the media that an announcement either way would of been made today..2 days after Rothfields scoop!

it didn't drag on fish.

Latest posts