What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels v St George Illawarra NRL season opener NOT moved to ANZ Stadium

beagle

Juniors
I'm sure I paid for my season tickets for 10 home games at Parra, and 2 at ANZ. Did it state anywhere on the season ticket renewal "subject to change"?

Contractual arrangements with Parramatta Stadium trust as to the number of home games played there in a season?

Last edited:

Stagger eel

Staff member
if we wanna do that, lets be up front about it rather than write to people saying how great it is we're playing rd 1 at home only to not play at home.

well, have you considered that they may have got this offer that they couldn't refuse from ANZ, not long ago..

I'm told that management at ANZ stadium are a little surpirsed that the news broke so quickly..

fibroboy

Juniors
Only a boofhead would come up with this disgraceful decision.
Plenty of Parra fans will now not be able to get to the match.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Did I say that?

St George's decision not to move their semi last year bordered on the ridiculous. It was an amateur decision. The home ground advantage didn't do them any good anyway and they were hundreds of thousands of dollars out of pocket.
We (Parramatta) must take all necessary steps to strengthen our financial future. And as Osborne says, we have a duty to the game as a whole.
It makes no sense whatsoever to turn fans away from games.
The game is a business, and this is a business decision.

Suity
Spot on, how many people were going to miss out if we played at Parra stadium. Money talks and in the present climate we have to do what we can to survive.

fish eel

Immortal
Did I say that?

St George's decision not to move their semi last year bordered on the ridiculous. It was an amateur decision. The home ground advantage didn't do them any good anyway and they were hundreds of thousands of dollars out of pocket.
We (Parramatta) must take all necessary steps to strengthen our financial future. And as Osborne says, we have a duty to the game as a whole.
It makes so sense whatsoever to turn fans away from games.
The game is a business, and this is a business decision.

Suity

TBH Suity, I dont think you can compare shifting a finals match to shifting a regular season match. Apples and oranges.

Are we gonna shift to ANZ every time we look like selling out?

If we give Saints a touch up, are we then gonna shift the Manly match to a bigger ground because that might be a full house?

I understand why they've done it, but from my personal view, I'm very disappointed.

fish eel

Immortal
well, have you considered that they may have got this offer that they couldn't refuse from ANZ, not long ago..

I'm told that management at ANZ stadium are a little surpirsed that the news broke so quickly..

so are we gonna get one of the ANZ matches back now?

are we gonna have to compensate Parra Stadium, because that website still says we're playing there.

My only concern is the atmosphere that only Parra Stadium can produce. Was so looking forward to that. If the deal $$$$$$$$$$ is worth it then I would not mind Homebush.

Stagger eel

Staff member
so are we gonna get one of the ANZ matches back now?

are we gonna have to compensate Parra Stadium, because that website still says we're playing there.

probably not...

for one, the ANZ stadium matches are still set in stone and 2 the round 1 match is not official yet given that it hasn't come from the club yet.

Delboy

First Grade
At the end of the day, if it increases revenue to the order of close to $1 million , then we have to suck it up and understand it is for the good of the club.

Personally, I don't like Homebush, even though I will be able to use my companys corporate facilities, but I have had season tickets since 1982 and would prefer Parra, but revenue is king now the NSW govt sold out the clubs to support the pubs.

I want my grandkids to follow the might blue and gold, and if this is a small step in that outcome, then so be it.

Fui!!!

Juniors
right..well if that's the case we should piss off that ridiculous Pirtek sign at the front of the jersey then..:roll:

Maybe one day, when the NRL earns what they are worth from media rights. Kinda like the NFL.

BUT, how is that even remotely on topic?

Stagger eel

Staff member
also, maybe we should also consider that there may be a clause in the contract with the stadium trust that would the club to take a game or 2 away at short notice if needed...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Maybe one day, when the NRL earns what they are worth from media rights. Kinda like the NFL.

well if you're smart enough you'll realise that that will never compete with that sort of dollar against a sport in a country 6 times that size of ours...

84 Baby

Referee

Think he was implying membership is just one part of our revenue stream. With hits from pokie tax and the GFC, Parra needs all the money it can get. Are you telling us that if you were offered $1m to give up your seat at Parra to instead watch the same game at ANZ you wouldn't take it?

Gronk

Staff member
I heard Ozzie crowing not long ago about this game had the potential in being the first sell out @ Parra since I don't know when.

Boo !
clapping.gif

bird.gif

hilltop hood

Juniors
In a perfect world....

Let's just pack Homebush out, smash the dragons and show the world what a great team, and band of supporters, the mighty Eels are.

Latest posts