What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels v St George Illawarra NRL season opener NOT moved to ANZ Stadium

Fui!!!

Juniors
well if you're smart enough you'll realise that that will never compete with that sort of dollar against a sport in a country 6 times that size of ours...

And their salary cap is $128,000,000. It's relative. We wont make as much as them, but we can definitely make enough to cover what we spend.

Think he was implying membership is just one part of our revenue stream. With hits from pokie tax and the GFC, Parra needs all the money it can get. Are you telling us that if you were offered $1m to give up your seat at Parra to instead watch the same game at ANZ you wouldn't take it?

Yes, I understand that. Which is why getting rid of sponsors has nothing to do with this topic.

Last edited:

Freak2

Juniors
If this is spot on the money we should be doing the same for Round 2 VS Manly as well, so where does it stop???

Delboy

First Grade
Just remember what Shane Richardson said about the move to Homebush for the Rabbits

No hire cost, and paid for playing there, a turnaround in the books of over $3 million.

They sell Season Tickets for $50-$100 and get membership up.

I am not suggesting we move there, but that is the reason games get moved, terrible view, ordinary atmosphere, but pays well in these difficult times. Wouldn't have this problem if the govt had not smashed the big clubs, but that is history and we need to find new ways to secure the future.

Freak2

Juniors
Just remember what Shane Richardson said about the move to Homebush for the Rabbits

No hire cost, and paid for playing there, a turnaround in the books of over $3 million.

They sell Season Tickets for $50-$100 and get membership up.

I am not suggesting we move there, but that is the reason games get moved, terrible view, ordinary atmosphere, but pays well in these difficult times. Wouldn't have this problem if the govt had not smashed the big clubs, but that is history and we need to find new ways to secure the future.

Del, you obviously didn't go to the Semi VS the dogs as that is one of (if not the best) atmosphere's I have been too at NRL level.

I welcome a move to the big stadium for the big games. Turning paying customers (fans) away from the gates SHOULD NOT HAPPEN IN SYDNEY

Delboy

First Grade
Freak, I have the good fortune (sometimes not) of being at the stadium a fair bit for corporate duties, and let me tell you "entertaining" guests at Souths v Raiders games is torture at times.

My comment was a reflection on about 60% of the games where you have crowds at or below 10k, ordinary then, no argument about the games we played at the end of last season.

Gronk

Staff member
Del, you obviously didn't go to the Semi VS the dogs as that is one of (if not the best) atmosphere's I have been too at NRL level.

I welcome a move to the big stadium for the big games. Turning paying customers (fans) away from the gates SHOULD NOT HAPPEN IN SYDNEY

Ok shut up, you're making too much sense. No room for that around here.

eel4life

Juniors
I am gonna be F@#$K P#$%%D if this game does get moved,

for 1 - there goes the home ground advantage
for 2 - isnt this game a anniversary of the staduim
for 3 - it should of been on a sunday afternoon and had the whole day as an event for us at parra
for 4 - first home game in god knows how long, and i am going to have to battle through traffic to get home, then battle again to get there, and then im gonna be sitting not in my seat that i have paid for and again we lose out on home ground advantage,

Bennett would not want to move it, he would rather it be played in that crap stadium

ARRRGGHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!

Freak2

Juniors
Thanks Gronk:D

+ it would be great to throw the concept back in the Drag Queens face after they failed to move the game last year.

Hope we get the same $200K offering from the NRL though!:?

Freak2

Juniors
I am gonna be F@#$K P#$%%D if this game does get moved,

for 1 - there goes the home ground advantage
for 2 - isnt this game a anniversary of the staduim
for 3 - it should of been on a sunday afternoon and had the whole day as an event for us at parra
for 4 - first home game in god knows how long, and i am going to have to battle through traffic to get home, then battle again to get there, and then im gonna be sitting not in my seat that i have paid for and again we lose out on home ground advantage,

Bennett would not want to move it, he would rather it be played in that crap stadium

ARRRGGHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!

I agree with a lot of what you have raised, however if 'THE GAME' is to mov forward and not backwards this move will be an unbelievable 'precedent' and it can only come back to help us in the future.

Imagine StGeorge was put in the same position again this year as they were last year. They would have NO ALTERNATIVE then to move the game!!!

I love the concept of BIG Sydney rivilry games played at Homebush and I think as a club we can get more benefit out it then others!!!!!

born an eel

Bench
Thanks Gronk:D

+ it would be great to throw the concept back in the Drag Queens face after they failed to move the game last year.

Hope we get the same $200K offering from the NRL though!:?
more of that "sense", it's a club game, the NRL has nothing to do with gate takings or incentives.

PJ Marshal

Coach
I hope ANZ sell pappadams.

Suity

i think they do, they have those tents out the front that sell all foods bizaro

i hope they come armed with mini cricket bats for the players to sign when they are fielding on the boundary, fui will be the first ine there

Latest posts