What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Leagues Club board sacked, administrator appointed

Why? People who aren't eels fans aren't going to give a shit who runs the leagues club. They might read the story, go "hmm" then dismiss it.

We couldn't even get 300 people to the meeting to decide the clubs future. I think you're over-estimating exactly how many people care about this issue..
Possibly. We'll see what happens I guess.

Gronk

Staff member
What seems worse "Administrator still in power at Parra leagues club" or "Administrator at Parra leagues club for X years, nothing changes because a section of members are petty"?

Agree, theoretically the NO voting block could delay our club (or any club for that mattet) forever.

Max needs to overcome the poor turn out numbers that have plagued us for decades. Hold on until the new ground opens and run the vote when there 1000s in attendance.

Last edited:
Agree, theoretically the NO voting block could our club (or any club for that mattet) forever.

Max needs to overcome the poor turn out numbers that have plagued us for decades. Hold on until the new ground opens and run the vote when there 1000s in attendance.

No, but BA could be deliberately running the club into ground, so that investors represented by BA First Boston can buy the NRL license for -$25m, and taking a 40% spotters fee and a 10% trailer. It seems the most logical explanation to me.

El Diablo

Post Whore
No, but BA could be deliberately running the club into ground, so that investors represented by BA First Boston can buy the NRL license for -$25m, and taking a 40% spotters fee and a 10% trailer. It seems the most logical explanation to me.
he's bald so he's not that smart

What seems worse "Administrator still in power at Parra leagues club" or "Administrator at Parra leagues club for X years, nothing changes because a section of members are petty"?
But those statements aren't the two sides of the argument. Your first is simply a statement of fact, but the second statement contains an opinion, to which the counter argument would be that the members have voted on the matter several times and the government administrator is holding the club to ransom.

Chipmunk

Coach
So that means that the Minister does not have the executive power under the act to change a clubs constitution unfortunately. As explained ^^^, other clubs would lobby to avoid these legislative changes through fear of losing their autonomy.

I have no idea what the solution is TBH.

Since when did you become a Moderator?

Chipmunk

Coach
Perhaps the answer lies with the NRL and the new franchise agreement.

When it comes a time to be renewed (is that soon ?) Perhaps Todd could make it a prerequisite that clubs structured like ours will only be offered a new franchise agreement if their constitution says xyz ?

Perhaps the haters will note yes if we stand to lose our team ?

The Roosters I believe are structured the same way. What do you think Nick's response to Toddles request will be?

Chipmunk

Coach

I didnt say the reforms were. What am I saying is that i doubt they will be in a position to force clubs to change their club structures if they don't want to. Id say it's more likely Nick would say to Toddles "How about you go and get another job" than Todd telling Nick to "Change the structure of your club".

Last edited:

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
But those statements aren't the two sides of the argument. Your first is simply a statement of fact, but the second statement contains an opinion, to which the counter argument would be that the members have voted on the matter several times and the government administrator is holding the club to ransom.

It is only a small, and decreasing, section of members that are voting no to the changes. If you're involved with this side of the club you know who these people are in cahoots with. And that person has started a petition to get rid of max before changes are able to be made because they knowsl that they, or anyone affiliated with then, will likely never be on the board again.

We need more level-headed members turning up to these meetings and voting so we can get rid of Max. The people complaining about how much max is costing, that he doesn't know anything about football, that he's destroying the club are the same people who are voting no and keeping him in.

The administrator should not be removed until our Constitution is changed and we move to a triennial election. Whether that's Max or someone else I don't really care, but they should be there so we don't repeat the horrors of the past.

It is only a small, and decreasing, section of members that are voting no to the changes. If you're involved with this side of the club you know who these people are in cahoots with. And that person has started a petition to get rid of max before changes are able to be made because they knowsl that they, or anyone affiliated with then, will likely never be on the board again.

We need more level-headed members turning up to these meetings and voting so we can get rid of Max. The people complaining about how much max is costing, that he doesn't know anything about football, that he's destroying the club are the same people who are voting no and keeping him in.

The administrator should not be removed until our Constitution is changed and we move to a triennial election. Whether that's Max or someone else I don't really care, but they should be there so we don't repeat the horrors of the past.
I know who you mean and I don't want him or his cronies anywhere near the club. So I'm not too upset about the situation tbh, and I hope Max is gaining traction and gets his way. But I also don't like the way it was done and I don't want the situation to drag on forever as it really is a barrier to us achieving the highs we all want.

Gazzamatta

Coach

I particularly liked the guy last night who was heckled by the crowd and just wouldn't sit down. Id suggest he is well known. I saw him after the vote. A happier bloke I dont think I'd ever seen. He was particularly pleased with his efforts. A real eye opener for sure. Scarey stuff really but even scarier are those that supported his dribble. He actually made no sense whatsoever.

I particularly liked the guy last night who was heckled by the crowd and just wouldn't sit down. Id suggest he is well known. I saw him after the vote. A happier bloke I dont think I'd ever seen. He was particularly pleased with his efforts. A real eye opener for sure. Scarey stuff really but even scarier are those that supported his dribble. He actually made no sense whatsoever.

@Gronk, Was that you again?

Stagger eel

Staff member

Mark Pigram .... a deadset shit human if you ask me! This guy made Fenwick and Fitzgerald look like Alta boys