Parramatta Leagues Club board sacked, administrator appointed

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by Gronk, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Stagger eel

Stagger eel Moderator Staff Member

Yeah I’m sure the Novotel would of loved that lol ....

By the way, I think that only applies to AGMs not GMs ...

2. emjaycee

emjaycee First Grade

You should of introduced yourself.. StaggerEel, myself and IBBAG all went for beers with TCT and Phil Sims afterwards.

3. Gazzamatta

Gazzamatta Bench

Next time for sure. Ive met Phil once but I wouldnt know the rest of you from a bar of soap. Oops silly me. I should have just looked for George Costanza.

4. hineyrulz

hineyrulz Post Whore

And Chip rolls.

5. emjaycee

emjaycee First Grade

f**k... i only invited you because you said you were done and not going next time.

Gazzamatta likes this.
  6. Gazzamatta

Gazzamatta Bench

I saw the twitter pic on TCT at the recent fundraiser. Who is who L to R?

7. MarkInTheStands

MarkInTheStands Coach

Honestly wished I could have gone, I started work an hour before that meeting started.

Maybe a good tip would be to have these meetings at a time that suited more people. Sunday Morning around 10am ?

Obscene Assassin likes this.
  8. MarkInTheStands

MarkInTheStands Coach

Also executive summary on the Complaint?

As far as I read it, Sharp, Issa, Serrao, and Geoff Gerard are all banned from being members board of the LC or any registered club for 3 years, and the club should pay the ILGA's costs of $99,476.44 for the investigation.

9. Jake the snake

Jake the snake Coach

I knew that plumber was shonky!

10. El Diablo

El Diablo Post Whore

#BringBackSpags

11. emjaycee

emjaycee First Grade

So, there has been a new petition lodged with the club by opponents of the changes Max is trying to introduce. From what I have seen of it there are 4 resolutions being requested to be voted on at a general meeting which has been demanded to be held as soon as possible.

The resolutions are:
    Special Resolution (1) That the first board be elected and not appointed by Max;
    Special Resolution (2) That the Nominations Committee be deleted
    Ordinary Resolution (1) That nomination for Board of Directors be called (it sets a date of Dec 11, which is not practical)
    Ordinary Resolution (2) That Max's appointment be terminated once the Board is elected.

So it seems that the 230 people that signed this are really adamant that they get to vote for the Board and not have it appointed by Max. Seems like someone really wants to get control of the PLC and knows that if Max picks the Board, the chances of ever getting their faction into control would be minimal.

I hope no one on here was mad enough to sign the petition.

Obscene Assassin likes this.
  12. Gronk

Gronk Moderator Staff Member

Yes their motives seem pretty transparent. Usually petitions give a reason why they are seeking change. Do they offer any justification for their roadblocking?

13. emjaycee

emjaycee First Grade

Only claiming the "rights of members to elect their Board should not be removed".

14. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

I did. 230 times.
    I was going to do more but my hand got sore

15. Noise

Noise First Grade

If this gets through (and shit I hope it doesn't) does that mean Max's appointment here is pretty much a failure in that the factions may get back in and no real change to the constitution?

16. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

#sackthegovernment?

17. emjaycee

emjaycee First Grade

On the surface no, because they are only looking for 2 changes to Max's draft constitution which has about 10 changes in total. However, one of the key points of the appointment of Max from ILGA was to ensure that constitutional reform was carried out that gave us a suitably qualified Board and that removed the opportunity for "factions", "tickets", etc. to gain control of the club via the Board.
    There are 3 changes to the Constitution that other organisations have put in place to achieve similar aims and 2 of these the petition is trying to remove. The other is the triennial election process which would be harder to vote down, however due to the apathy of PLC members, most Directors would be re-elected at the end of their term, hence the importance of the First Board for those that want factional ownership.

hineyrulz, Gazzamatta and Gronk like this.
  18. Twizzle

Twizzle Administrator Staff Member

didn't the members vote for that rabble that got us in this situation ?

19. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

I assume the resolutions would require far in majority vote that Max's resolutions required, and given that those resolutions didn't pass but received the majority of votes, why the f**k do they think their own resolutions will get passed?
    Sure maybe after a bit of time of passed they might receive the "just make any old changes" sentiment, even then I don't reckon they'd have enough of a swing, but doing it now so soon after the last vote is just a kick and hope.
    I'm not against anyone based solely on the company they keep, but seriously wouldn't the betterment of the club be to go with what the majority of voters wanted? If you can't get in on your own merits, either you or the system is f**ked. f**king it more will not make it better

20. Gazzamatta

Gazzamatta Bench

Would I get my 2 free beers?

I bleed blue & gold likes this.