What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta NRL club sack Daniel Anderson as coach at emergency board meeting

Do you support the Board's decision to sack Daniel Anderson?

• Yes

Votes: 30 19.7%
  • No

Votes: 101 66.4%
  • Impartial

Votes: 21 13.8%

• Total voters

dazeely

First Grade
What a professionally run club. So much loyalty. So much confidence. What a great way to attract players.

Parramatta = joke

fish eel

Immortal
I only use champ with friendly connotations, so sorry if I sounded snippy but I do stand corrected.

Still as a rough analogy it is vaguely correct as Whitlam got f**ked over by the authority that stood over him (the merits of Kerr's decision are questionable). Also as an asides, why would Fraser move to sack the man who helped him? Kerr eventually stood down due to the public backlash of his actions, which may very well yet form a parallel to our current situation.

Fraser couldnt have sacked Kerr. We'd need the f**king Queen to sack a GG.

Springs

First Grade
Loudstrat F**k up. What a disgraceful decision this is. Like it or not, Anderson got us to a Grand Final. It wasn't all Hayne. How about we appoint our God Hayne as coach? We will win 10 premierships in a row then surely!

How about just admitting, that as a team and as a club, we just didn't go well. It wasn't all one person's fault, it wasn't Inus, it wasn't Mortimers and it definetly wasn't Anderson. If we're sacking him because we came 12th we might as well sack the whole team as well.
How about we get Dally M coach of the year back? I remember after the Grand Final he led us through 3 dismal seasons and still wasn't sacked.

If you want success just go follow the Broncos or someone, I don't follow success, I follow a club because I love the players, the history and the coach. I have been ashamed of the club and its fans before, I've only followed them for 11 years but I remember being ashamed at our fans booing off their own team when we were down, yet this disgraceful incident is the most ashamed I've ever been of our club.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Pete, get over will ya. We all expected this just not til tuesday, so we can sit here and bitch and moan or we can send emails, post letters and turn up to the AGM and Vote. If this poorly handled decison stops you from supporting the Eels then it makes me wonder if you were a TRUE supporter in the first place.
Pete just ride it out, wait to see what happens there could be a silver lining who knows. But if you really aren't happy tell them, send a letter to the board members or CEO.
What will people in Hay call you? your Parra Pete! PARRA pete !

Hay Pete? :D

IFR33K

Coach
Well said.

He had to go. Kearney already has the job so the board is not amatuer.

The think that nailed it for me is Anderson leaking the story to Hadley. Proves there was no loyalty from him to start with. F*ck him. He was a failure with a lucky golden run that showcased where our club would be. We have the best attacking forward and best attacking back in the comp. We also have the best defender in the comp. And we ran 12th.

Thanks Ando. Nathan Brown went with far more dignity. F*ck off and lets actually become the top 4 club we are supposed to be and actually win the f*cking thing!

I used to enjoy reading your posts, but you have proved you know it all....f**k all.

The eels haven't won the comp in 25 years, and now 3P want to do it overnight..... with a rookie coach.

Let me ask you this, If the eels won the title last year, and struggled as they did this year, does DA deserve to be punted?????

CrazyEel

Bench
I only use champ with friendly connotations, so sorry if I sounded snippy but I do stand corrected.

*EDIT* Also just to be a prick (in good nature I promise, I don't like cyber-fighting,especially when proven wrong) calling a double-dissolution is tantamount to getting the flick but unfortunately in Anderson's case he doesn't have the luxury of another chance via an election

Still as a rough analogy it is vaguely correct as Whitlam got f**ked over by the authority that stood over him (the merits of Kerr's decision are questionable). Also as an asides, why would Fraser move to sack the man who helped him? Kerr eventually stood down due to the public backlash of his actions, which may very well yet form a parallel to our current situation.
I agree that Fraser had no reason to remove him but that's not the point is it, the point is he wasn't soon punted as you suggested. Furthermore, Gough made that statement in reference to the outrage he expected from the public which would enable him to win the election that was called. Where your analogy is wrong is there was not the public backlash he expected and he lost.

Bazal

Post Whore
I know Hagan let go of Tim Smith because he requested it. However when Smith wanted to come back Osborne said in a media release that Mortimer was a better option and the Eels weren't interested in him

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ome-says-osborne/story-e6frexnr-1225754697501

Also Matt Keating's re-signing was announced in April.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/04/17/2546119.htm
Daniel Anderson would have been the coach at the time. I realise Kingston hadn't played first grade at the time and hindsight is 20/20 but I'm sure a different decision would have been made if it was between the two later in the season.

Interesting way of spelling Daniel Anderson. I'm sure Tim Smith would have saved us, given what he did at Cronulla. It's ludicrous that Anderson is criticised for not signing him, I'm a Smith fan but he's well past it.

Forty20

First Grade

'Twas paraphrasing CrazyEel but yes the PM doesn't have the executive/constitutional power to remove the GG but he can petition the old bag over in the motherland hence moving to sack him.

parra pete

Referee

Mal is one of the good guys these days....and to think I had the video clip of him bawling when Hawke rolled him, and I used to play it to cheer me up on my down days...:lol:

Eels Dude

Coach
Ashamed of what? It's not like our team cheated the cap!! Or committed a crime.

Fair dinkum it happens all the time in every code.

Ashamed that our club is no longer a club but a business being ruled by self indulgent board members who think they're bigger and more important as individuals than the Parramatta Eels, and really don't care what the rest of us think as long as they save their own ass. I for one find that sad.

Parra Guru

Coach
am I sad? yes.

will I continue to support the club and it's new coach? yes.

movin on.

Whether or not you still support the club isn't really the point of the thread. So by your post you're not actually committing one way or the other??

You must be impartial then :lol:

Parra Guru

Coach
wow, lets have another poll. :roll:

FTR, I wasn't fussed whether he stayed or went. His record didn't argue for his retention, but his contract suggested he should stay.
I just wish the decision either way had been handled with much more aplomb.

Suity

I thought a 'post-decision' poll was worthwhile having...

It's your choice whether u want to participate!!!

Loudstrat

Coach
Ashamed that our club is no longer a club but a business being ruled by self indulgent board members who think they're bigger and more important as individuals than the Parramatta Eels, and really don't care what the rest of us think as long as they save their own ass. I for one find that sad.
Sums up Fitzgerald perfectly.

Its great those days are over, and underachieving coaches are moved on regardless of whether they are the CEO's mate or not. Remember the days of re-signing Daniel Wagon? Long gone. Mateo and Inu - errattic at best - were never going to find their best in a Parra jumper under the old "Fitzy's mates" scheme. And face it - Ando was one of Fitzy's mates - it's how he got the job for starters.

CrazyEel

Bench
'Twas paraphrasing CrazyEel but yes the PM doesn't have the executive/constitutional power to remove the GG but he can petition the old bag over in the motherland hence moving to sack him.
LOL, lotsa luck on that one sport, it's all good and I did understand what you meant anyway :D

Eels Dude

Coach
I know Hagan let go of Tim Smith because he requested it. However when Smith wanted to come back Osborne said in a media release that Mortimer was a better option and the Eels weren't interested in him

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ome-says-osborne/story-e6frexnr-1225754697501

Also Matt Keating's re-signing was announced in April.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/04/17/2546119.htm
Daniel Anderson would have been the coach at the time. I realise Kingston hadn't played first grade at the time and hindsight is 20/20 but I'm sure a different decision would have been made if it was between the two later in the season.

Well could you blame him after our problems with Tim Smith in the past. It was best he moved on and started afresh. DA did re-sign Keating i'm not arguing that and maybe a different decision would have made been mate later on, but you cannot blame Ando for re-signing Keating ahead of Kingston when at that stage of the season Kingston was playing park footy for Wenty.

Latest posts